Khaosod report - Amnesty extended to Sept 26 (Cabinet approved)

Checked the source code, for the english version there is nothing in the main text area... Could be some error, but most likely the translation is not done yet, bet they won't want to get anything wrong this time around!

• Like 1

5. เรื่อง เสนอร่างประกาศกระทรวงมหาดไทย เรื่อง การอนุญาตให้คนต่างด้าวบางจำพวกอยู่ในราชอาณาจักรเป็นกรณีพิเศษ (ฉบับที่ ..) 
                   คณะรัฐมนตรีมีมติเห็นชอบตามที่สำนักงานตำรวจแห่งชาติเสนอ ดังนี้ 
                   1. ให้สำนักงานตรวจคนเข้าเมืองออกประกาศ กำหนดระยะเวลาให้คนต่างด้าวมาดำเนินการตามพระราชบัญญัติคนเข้าเมือง พ.ศ. 2522 รวมทั้งกฎหมายอื่นที่เกี่ยวข้องให้เสร็จสิ้นภายในวันที่ 26 กันยายน 2563  
                   2. ให้ขยายระยะเวลาอนุญาตให้อยู่ในราชอาณาจักร ตามมาตรา 35 แห่งพระราชบัญญัติคนเข้าเมือง พ.ศ. 2522 (รวมทั้งภายใต้พระราชบัญญัติปิโตรเลียม พ.ศ. 2514 และที่แก้ไขเพิ่มเติมพระราชบัญญัติส่งเสริมการลงทุน พ.ศ. 2520 และที่แก้ไขเพิ่มเติม และพระราชบัญญัติการนิคมอุตสาหกรรมแห่งประเทศไทย พ.ศ. 2522 และที่แก้ไขเพิ่มเติม) หรือตามประกาศกระทรวงมหาดไทยที่เกี่ยวข้อง ตามข้อ 2 (1) แห่งประกาศกระทรวงมหาดไทย เรื่อง การอนุญาตให้คนต่างด้าวบางจำพวกอยู่ในราชอาณาจักรเป็นกรณีพิเศษ ลงวันที่ 7 เมษายน 2563 ซึ่งแก้ไขเพิ่มเติมโดยประกาศกระทรวงมหาดไทย เรื่อง การอนุญาตให้คนต่างด้าวบางจำพวกอยู่ในราชอาณาจักรเป็นกรณีพิเศษ (ฉบับที่ 2) ลงวันที่ 23 เมษายน 2563 ไปพลางก่อน ตั้งแต่วันที่ 1 สิงหาคม 2563 ถึงวันที่ 26 กันยายน 2563
                   3. ให้ขยายระยะเวลาการแจ้งที่พักอาศัยตามมาตรา 37 (5) แห่งพระราชบัญญัติคนเข้าเมือง พ.ศ. 2522 หรือตามประกาศกระทรวงมหาดไทยที่เกี่ยวข้อง ตามข้อ 2 (2) แห่งประกาศกระทรวงมหาดไทย เรื่อง การอนุญาตให้คนต่างด้าวบางจำพวกอยู่ในราชอาณาจักรเป็นกรณีพิเศษ ลงวันที่ 7 เมษายน 2563 ซึ่งแก้ไขเพิ่มเติมโดยประกาศกระทรวงมหาดไทย เรื่อง การอนุญาตให้คนต่างด้าวบางจำพวกอยู่ในราชอาณาจักรเป็นกรณีพิเศษ (ฉบับที่ 2) ลงวันที่ 23 เมษายน 2563 ตั้งแต่วันที่ 1 สิงหาคม 2563 ถึงวันที่ 26 กันยายน 2563
                   ทั้งนี้ สตช. เสนอว่า 
                   ตามประกาศกระทรวงมหาดไทย เรื่อง การอนุญาตให้คนต่างด้าวบางจำพวกอยู่ในราชอาณาจักรเป็นกรณีพิเศษ ลงวันที่ 7 เมษายน 2563 และที่แก้ไขเพิ่มเติม กำหนดให้คนต่างด้าวซึ่งได้รับอนุญาตให้อยู่ในราชอาณาจักรเป็นการชั่วคราวตามประเภทการตรวจลงตรา (รวมทั้งการตรวจลงตรา Visa on Arrival) และคนต่างด้าวซึ่งได้รับอนุญาตให้เข้ามาอยู่ในราชอาณาจักรเป็นการชั่วคราวตามสิทธิการยกเว้นการตรวจลงตรา (ผ.30/ผผ.14/ผผ.30/ผผ.90) ซึ่งกำหนดระยะเวลาอนุญาตให้อยู่ในราชอาณาจักรจะสิ้นสุดลงตั้งแต่วันที่ 26 มีนาคม 2563 ได้รับการขยายระยะเวลาอยู่ในราชอาณาจักรไปพลางก่อนตั้งแต่วันที่ 26 มีนาคม 2563 ถึงวันที่ 31 กรกฎาคม 2563 ไม่ต้องมาดำเนินการยื่นคำขออนุญาตอยู่ในราชอาณาจักรเป็นการชั่วคราวต่อไป ตามมาตรา 35 แห่งพระราชบัญญัติคนเข้าเมือง พ.ศ. 2522 รวมทั้งการแจ้งที่พักอาศัยตามมาตรา 37 แห่งพระราชบัญญัติคนเข้าเมือง พ.ศ. 2522 ในช่วงระยะเวลาดังกล่าว เนื่องจากปัจจุบันสถานการณ์การแพร่ระบาดของโรคติดเชื้อไวรัสโคโรนา 2019 หรือโรคโควิด 19 ในประเทศไทยมีแนวโน้มที่ดีขึ้นอย่างต่อเนื่อง ประกอบกับรัฐบาลได้ผ่อนคลายมาตรการต่าง ๆ ด้วยการให้กิจการและกิจกรรมต่าง ๆ สามารถดำเนินการได้มากขึ้น จึงเห็นควรให้คนต่างด้าวดังกล่าวซึ่งการอนุญาตให้อยู่ในราชอาณาจักรเป็นการชั่วคราวจะสิ้นสุดลงในวันที่ 31 กรกฎาคม 2563 มาดำเนินการตามมาตรา 35 และมาตรา 37 (5) แห่งพระราชบัญญัติคนเข้าเมือง พ.ศ. 2522 รวมทั้งกฎหมายอื่นที่เกี่ยวข้องภายในระยะเวลาที่สำนักงานตรวจคนเข้าเมืองกำหนด

From today: https://www.thaigov.go.th/news/contents/details/33560 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Google translate of it.

image.png.4276749c012bd0243759da14b7a7a4a5.png

It is fairly good translation using google translate of it. It is an extension of April 23rd extension of the ministerial notice approved on April 7th. No change of any kind other than the dates.

What about the lines about "continuously improved" and "relaxed measures", they were there in April?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, USNret said:

Awesome. I was preparing for a 3-hour drive tomorrow (Weds morning) to CW for my 90-day.  This is my first report so I can't do it online, and I'm currently in Hua Hin.  If the report is true, I can cancel that drive which I REALLY did not want to do.  I'm on a 1-year Non-O extension for marriage, so I guess it applies to me.

I think there is some misunderstanding - 90 day reporting is mandatory. This week I've been at the immigration to cancel my WP (moving out to SG) and they demanded having the 90-day reporting. There are special desks at immigration that collect the passports and TM forms for it. Waiting time: ~3 hours.

7 minutes ago, Jackcwba said:

Still no update on people buying a non B inside Thailand? Why? 

You don't buy any visa. You apply for them and pay a fee for it.

If you entered on a visa exempt or tourist visa you could apply for a non-b visa at immigration.

If you were on non immigrant visa entry already you could apply for an extension of it based upon working.

2 hours ago, zzzzz said:

hmmm good for the few thousands stuck here BUT

read between the lines< Bad for the millions that depend on tourism..

Thailand will not be opening to new tourists for another 2 months so forget about Phuket, Samui, Pattaya making any kind of a recovery>;-(

sad days for anyone involved in the tourism industry.

Few thousand? Immigration have stated there are 3 - 400 000 still here

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you entered on a visa exempt or tourist visa you could apply for a non-b visa at immigration.

If you were on non immigrant visa entry already you could apply for an extension of it based upon working.

Hello Joe,

I’m here now riding it out on a tourist visa 60 - extension used- COVID letter extension also used- and that’s now on the amnesty 

My employer who has BOI company said that I can’t change my Tourist visa to Non B while Inside Thailand, BOI companies have almost no backdoors loopholes where as teachers have a much passion easier ride.. even now tho they can’t seem to get it.

firstly for boi I believe  I will need work permit acceptance letter > and then once accepted that will need to be handed into a thai embassy OUTSIDE Thailand to get the non B. 

the problem for BOI companies is the place that are issuing work permits are not issueing them until the international flight ban is over- as of now this is still July31st.

so cant get WP , can’t get Non B in house, I’m <deleted> 

many idea when they will announce some news about getting the visas while still in Thailand or is that most likely going to be something announced after September 26?

mr Richard barrows just tweeted something about thousands of teachers waiting to start work but can’t because they don’t have the correct visa ( non b ) 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

Few thousand? Immigration have stated there are 3 - 400 000 still here

Mostly labourers/servants and wait staff from neighbouring countries.

Quite a lot of Chinese and Koreans as well.

There's very few western people here, we are in the minority.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jackcwba said:

My employer who has BOI company said that I can’t change my Tourist visa to Non B while Inside Thailand, BOI companies have almost no backdoors loopholes where as teachers have a much passion easier ride.. even now tho they can’t seem to get it.

The BOI one stop center could do the same thing that all other offices can do.

Requirements to a apply for a visa for working. http://bangkokimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/01-edit_NON-B.pdf

2 hours ago, oldcpu said:

I hope this turns out to be the case - as it will allow any 'tourists' semi-stranded here in Thailand to stay longer - and continuing spending their money here in Thailand.  I believe this is good for the 'tourists' who likely are not keen on traveling in these global pandemic times, and if the tourists are spending money in Thailand then their spending money is likely good for Thailand.  Thailand gets COVID-19 free tourists spending money in Thailand.  Sort of a 'win-win' scenario. 

I am looking forward to reading an official announcement.

Just wonder how much I would be spending here if I had been "semi stranded" for 4 months, probably having lost my job and planning to stay another couple of months.

But I was only a normal bloke.. until I retired.

• Like 2

In my case i had a one-year education visa cancelled last month (with six months left on it) because my school didn't provide the proper documents at the point of my routine 90-day extension. So on the surface this is the news I was hoping for. A well-connected friend, however, counsels caution: he's heard that behind the veil of rose-colored amnesty they may choose to "back-date" certain visas to when they expired and extort overstay payment. Anyone else hearing similar boogeyman narratives? 

42 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Is this true for an Non-Ed visa also?  If I entered as visa exempt, can I apply for a Ed visa at immigration?  Assuming I have all the correct documentation from a legitimate language school.

Thank you

21 minutes ago, Phillip9 said:

Is this true for an Non-Ed visa also?  If I entered as visa exempt, can I apply for a Ed visa at immigration?  Assuming I have all the correct documentation from a legitimate language school.

Thank you

Yes, but there is a difference between formal schools (like regular school for children or university), and non-formal schools (like language school or Muay Thai training, offering a one year course + non-ED visa).

Before Covid the conversion from a visa exempt to a non-ED visa was only done for persons attending a formal school. Persons attending a non-formal school were told to get their visa outside of Thailand. I don't know if this is actually an official rule, or immigration just made this up for whatever reason.

Now with the Covid situation these non-formal schools which previously had to send their students to an embassy abroad to obtain the non-ED visa offer to do the conversion at an immigration office (i don't know if this "service" exists in all provinces). Of course immigration doesn't do this conversion for free, but charge a fee for it (additional to the regular 2000THB conversion fee).

That they do it for a fee shows that it's possible. I guess if you show up alone with just your documents they would tell you some arbitrary reason why they can't do it. If on the other hand the school manages it and they get paid through them, they will process your request.

Thus you should contact the school and ask them if they offer this service.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Jackcwba said:

Are people allowed to fly from UK if they come on the education visa and learn Thai for a year or is that suspended for now

No

Only students at formal schools (universities, international schools and etc) can apply for a certificate of entry.

53 minutes ago, Jatujan said:

A well-connected friend, however, counsels caution: he's heard that behind the veil of rose-colored amnesty they may choose to "back-date" certain visas to when they expired and extort overstay payment. Anyone else hearing similar boogeyman narratives? 

I think the people who had a valid visa at the time the amnesty came into effect have no reason to worry. However those who were on overstay before that time may face interesting situations when they go to immigration. My feeling is that the safest for them would be to sneak out through Suvarnabhumi, with 20000 Baht in their pocket, just in case.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, salsajapan said:

Then it will be extended until end of the year !

Oh sorry ? you don't know right ? i forget how obvious and difficult to guess it is !!! Just like the first two amnesty !

If i understand the summary of today's Cabinet meeting on the Thai government website correctly, which includes a comment/annotation by the Royal Thai Police (which probably mostly means "immigration police"), the RTP did not consider this further extension to 26th September as necessary, in their opinion it would have been reasonable to let the amnesty end on 31st July. The Cabinet decided that a further extension is reasonable, if they had listened to the RTP they would have decided against this extension.

If somebody in the government should think about extending it beyond 26th September, there will probably be a strong opposition from the RTP, which leds me to believe that any further extension of the amnesty is quite unlikely.

These are of course just my thoughts on this as of today, we will see what the future brings ????

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Google translate of it.

image.png.4276749c012bd0243759da14b7a7a4a5.png

It is fairly good translation using google translate of it. It is an extension of April 23rd extension of the ministerial notice approved on April 7th. No change of any kind other than the dates.

The first part (section 1.) and also the whole last paragraph appear to be new.  They are not in the cabinet notes from April 21st.  Taken together they seem to indicate that amnesty will definitely end on sept 26, and we have until then to get a proper visa or extension and to complete 90 day reports.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Jatujan said:

In my case i had a one-year education visa cancelled last month (with six months left on it) because my school didn't provide the proper documents at the point of my routine 90-day extension. So on the surface this is the news I was hoping for. A well-connected friend, however, counsels caution: he's heard that behind the veil of rose-colored amnesty they may choose to "back-date" certain visas to when they expired and extort overstay payment. Anyone else hearing similar boogeyman narratives? 

someone here reported his 1 year extension was dated from the correct date and he urged everyone to go get their extensions asap
and this is what brought confusion as he posted in a thread where people were mostly talking about 60 day extensions

dating a 1 year extension from its correct date is understandable, as the person had no need to leave the country
nobody has reported afaik, anything else being back dated and no overstay extortion

although there is a report today accusing  IO of asking for bribe for work permit

• Like 1