Thai govt confirms extension of visa amnesty to 26 Sept

Jonathan Fairfield

minutes of the cabinet meeting yesterday: https://thaipublica.org/2020/07/prayut-cabinet2-2563-31/?fbclid=IwAR3lfhevanHeNkHzOUQr6-m-SngTUHco8bpU_8BS_5sWtVXk9FciP0c8j3c

with this section on the extension to Sep 26th: 

ต่ออายุต่างด้าวอยู่ไทย ถึง 26 ก.ย.นี้

นางสาวไตรศุลีกล่าวว่า ที่ประชุม ครม. มีมติเห็นชอบร่างประกาศกระทรวงมหาดไทย เรื่องการอนุญาตให้คนต่างด้าวบางจำพวกอยู่ในราชอาณาจักรเป็นกรณีพิเศษ ซึ่งเดิมจะหมดอายุในวันที่ 31 กรกฎาคม 2563 ก็จะเป็นการต่ออายุตั้งแต่วันที่ 1 สิงหาคม 2563-26 กันยายน 2563โดยเป็นการขยายระยะเวลาอนุญาตให้อยู่ในราชอาณาจักรและเป็นการขยายระยะเวลาการแจ้งที่พักอาศัย พร้อมทั้งให้สำนักงานตรวจคนเข้าเมืองประกาศกำหนดระยะเวลาให้คนต่างด้าวมาดำเนินการตามพระราชบัญญัติ คนเข้าเมือง รวมทั้งกฎหมายอื่นที่เกี่ยวข้องให้แล้วเสร็จภายในวันที่ 26 กันยายน 2563

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

It’s a rare day when we have an opportunity to praise this government 

That they have to be praised for doing something which was blindingly And  obviously beneficial to both the country and the those stuck here shows how low the bar is set.

• Like 1

I heard all Visas are unacceptable.  They only take Mastercard, American Express and Diners Club now....  Sorry.  Couldn't resist. Actually not sorry, more like vaguely hopeful you got a half grin.  Maybe a quarter grin.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Pay an agent to change you to a Non-O VISA, then you can extend without insurance.

DaNang is great, was there last year, fantastic beach, clean sea and a very nice promenade.

Thank you!! I will ask tomorrow.

15 hours ago, bill1369 said:

<<<SNIP>>>

Today I have retained an agent and she is looking for insurance. But I think it will be prohibitively expensive, especially since I don't need it.

Anyone know how living in DaNang might be.........

On another Forum a guy reported that he had to pay his agent an extra 2,500 THB on top of the 15,000 he normally pays (doesn't meet the financial requirements as his income is all in Canada & he only brings over what he needs) to make the insurance problem "Go Away" so much though I hate to suggest people go down the "Grey Route" (No Pun intended, I'm 54 & grey'r than Larry) it's clear that you don't need the insurance, you just need the tick in the box. 

PM me if you're interested & I can try to find the agents details

20 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

You buy things from shops.

You keep things in stores.

3, 2, 1...

A general store is a big shop.

How do know that Off License was invented before bottle shop (Australian) or Liquor Store (American).

UK rules no More!

2 minutes ago, clos88 said:

Ahhh I don’t blame or  am even surprised by your true ignorance and deception. Your from the u.s of slaves no wonder. You and I my friend have the most conditioned and government indoctrinated minds. I forgive your stupidity and wish you some motivation to read information other than msm propaganda. Toodles in your old age my brainwashed brother. 

It doesn't matter if you like it or not, You are in Thailand as a guest and have to respect their rules.

If they say that you have to wear a mask when going outside then you wear one if you like it or not.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

On another Forum a guy reported that he had to pay his agent an extra 2,500 THB on top of the 15,000 he normally pays (doesn't meet the financial requirements as his income is all in Canada & he only brings over what he needs) to make the insurance problem "Go Away" so much though I hate to suggest people go down the "Grey Route" (No Pun intended, I'm 54 & grey'r than Larry) it's clear that you don't need the insurance, you just need the tick in the box. 

PM me if you're interested & I can try to find the agents details

A friend recommended an agent to me. She is telling me that she knows a Thai insurance company that will write me a letter saying I have insurance - for 30K - but they will never pay any Dr bill. Or, to put it another way, the Thai way.

9 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

For the expats who will not wear masks when the 80 to 90 percent of the local population 

around you are wearing them, well that is because you non mask wearers are idiots, and

people who do not think that you are infected with anything because you feel okay.

Donald Trump is an idiot, who gets to act like he is a President until November, when I hope

he is soundly voted out of the US government.  The extension of the visa amnesty is

great, and I know of several people who will take advantage of the extra time they

have until they have to come back to their home countries. Thanks Thai

government.

Geezer

I'll see your Trump and raise you 4 prostitutes.

• Haha 1

On 7/22/2020 at 9:49 AM, miamiman123 said:

WRONG

I did not do my 90 day check in may because of the 90 day check amnesty. 

Went to immigration yesterday and did the late 90 day check

immigration told me that if I had not completed the 90 day check yesterday or buy July 31,  I would be fined the 2000 baht fine for lateness.

Now they say it September amnesty and don’t need to do it until 26th.

Something ain’t right in Denmark and Thailand? 

My situation is exactly the same. I didn't do the 90 day checkin in May because I thought everyone was exempt. I decided to go in and do one last week because I didn't know what would happen if the amnesty ended on the 31st  July, it took me ten minutes to get in the door at Jontien and then from the time I got my queue ticket to the time I was walking out the door again with 90 day report completed was around four minutes. The IO never said a word to me, she just stamped the form.  My understanding is that there was no need for 90 day reporting upto 31st July, but knowing the way Thais think I could fully imagine that had the amnesty ended on the 31st July that on August 1 we would have all been late and I think that will be the case again come the 26th September. I am taking the trak that its business is as usual and will now do the 90 day reports on time and my retirement visa extension on time as well.  

On 7/22/2020 at 4:02 PM, bill1369 said:

I'll add my experience yesterday as an alert for others.

I have an O-A retirement visa and yesterday would have been my 12th extension. But I was denied.

I was denied because I do not have medical insurance from a Thai company. (I have US insurance that is accepted by both Bumrungrad & Mission hospitals for inpatient care. Outpatient care I pay hospital 100% then insurance reimburses me.) The officer told me US insurance does not satisfy requirement - only a Thai company.

My predicament is I doubt any Thai company will insure me at 74 years old with heart problems and diabetes. Before seeing officer I was chatting with another O-A Brit a couple years older than I who said he tried 3 years ago to buy from a Thai company but turned it down when they quoted him a yearly premium of 480,000 baht. BTW - he saw an officer before I did and was given extension; he said they never asked him about medical insurance. Go figure.....

I was almost denied for the 65,000 baht monthly income requirement. Here's how stupid they were regarding that: I receive a monthly direct deposit from US Veterans Affairs (deposited on 1st of month) and another direct deposit from US Social Security (deposited on 3rd of month. Together these 2 deposits far exceed the 65,000 requirement. But..... When either the 1st or 3rd falls on a Saturday or Sunday, my deposit is made on last day of previous month. Meaning in some months I show Veterans deposits on 1st, 3rd and 31st with the Social Security deposit on 3rd of following month. Yesterday, for first time, they said that the sole deposit on 3rd did not meet 65,000 requirement and they were going to deny my extension. I tried explaining for quite some time when the officer finally said they would overlook this year but next year I would be denied extension due to income. Idiots!!

As soon as she she said that she pushed my application fee back to me and said to put back in my wallet because she was denying me due to no insurance.

Today I have retained an agent and she is looking for insurance. But I think it will be prohibitively expensive, especially since I don't need it.

Anyone know how living in DaNang might be.........

What Immigration office do you use ? 

• Like 1

On 7/21/2020 at 5:11 PM, NCC1701A said:

"Hey maybe we should keep the tourists that are actually here!"

"Good idea. What's for lunch?"

the 3rd world brain thinking makes your mind boggle , in a time when tourists are needed lets give them till 26th sept no longer , try to get info at jomtien immigration is extrutiating they dont like to give info which is the reason you go there for , would be a good idea to put the GBP V THB  up to 80 baht to GBP then it would encourage us farlangs to stay longer .

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 12:50 PM, JeffersLos said:

So with an expired Non-O Multiple Entry Visa, and planning to get a 60 day extension based on wife/family, I guess I don't need to apply for the 60 day extension until before the 26th of September? 

I think best to not wait until the last minute, as there will be many others who will as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kwaibill said:

I think any tourist from western countries is a "big spender" by local, average standards.

Do you mean the "Tourists" begging in the streets of Bangkok, sitting with a bottle of Chang on the beach in Pattaya or starting gofund after a motorcycle accident?

You never saw Thai shopping in the big malls in Bangkok. Did you? 

On 8/7/2020 at 3:06 PM, Kwaibill said:

I think best to not wait until the last minute, as there will be many others who will as well.

Clearly the best way to get 2 more months amnesty extension, as we will be so many waiting the last minute...