Britain nears abandoning Brexit trade deal hope - The Telegraph

webfact

2 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

I have said on many occasions something along the lines that my Muslim friends have told me that Islamist terrorists do not represent them nor the vast majority of Muslims.

I have never said that Islamist terrorists are not Muslims. To do so would be akin to saying that the IRA aren't Irish!

It is not up to me to prove a negative by searching for posts which don't exist. You claim they do, prove it or admit you're wrong.

????......Any Islamic terrorist atrocity comes up on here, you are there, protecting Muslims, you cannot deny it, can you...

But way off topic, and you are not going to lure me into your game....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

Deal or no deal it really doesnt matter..... As someone who drove commercial vehicles between UK and mainland Europe from  the 1970s to 2000, I experienced the almost total removal of red tape....  to see it returning is beyond belief..... I dont think people realise what massive step backwards this is.

if it stops some of the illegal drugs firearms,and migrants currently flooding into the uk perhaps not.

Edited by kingdong
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Surelynot said:

....and don't forget the black passports made in France!!!!

Oh dear. Don't tell me the French have cocked up again. It said clearly on the order dark blue.... oh, hold on ... bloody Raab .....

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, david555 said:

The Australia solution is an option ....Maybe the U.K. have some small Island at purpose to put them on & to keep them there .?..Seems to work for the Australians ????

or perhaps we should roll out the welcome mat,disregard theres a pandemic going on,and put them up in hotels.

32 minutes ago, kingdong said:

or perhaps we should roll out the welcome mat,disregard theres a pandemic going on,and put them up in hotels.

It is all at Up to you U.K. you have full control of your borders  as Th.May repeated endless said  and Boris claimed that too , and it  got effect  it seems from 1 January 2020

Just show us E.U.how to do . We would welcome any legal , humanitarian way to handle it for ourselves , come on Brits take the lead in Refugee effective solutions....if a few drown call it collateral damage ….. and face the World media 

Be the first …. so we E.U. are not the bad boys who started 

But think the NGO ships are watching / waiting to come and help them  ….????

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

(Latest one …. remark the word process ….. does not meaning drive back just give accommodation an process their application ...… as is all they are instructed to do from the smugglers bosses before boarding the dinghy's  ????……U.K.refugee specialized  lawyers take over from there …  we E.U. have expierianced all this already ….but understand it is all new and quit frustrating ...we know )

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/08/09/cruise-ships-could-used-process-rescued-migrants-former-mod/

Cruise ships could be used to process rescued migrants, former MOD boss suggests 
Rear Admiral Chris Parry says the Government should consider 'innovative solutions' to solve the Channel crisis 

By Amy Jones, 
Political Correspondent and David Chazan
9 August 2020 • 7:45pm 

Edited by david555

12 hours ago, kingdong said:

we're on our own to handle it,well if the eus antics so far are anything to go by just as well,think a swing to the right is in the post.........

It all depends , will Scotland be made welcome in the EU , doubt it .

Plan B .

God save our gracious Queen ..

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1320586/Brexit-news-uk-eu-canzuk-union-trade-alliance-US-economy-canada-australia-new-zealand

Brexit Britain could form NEW ‘superpower’ alliance with Australia, Canada and New Zealand

BREXIT Britain could form a federation with Canada, Australia, and New Zealand to create "superpower" after fully cutting ties with the EU, a historian has claimed.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1320586/Brexit-news-uk-eu-canzuk-union-trade-alliance-US-economy-canada-australia-new-zealand

Brexit Britain could form NEW ‘superpower’ alliance with Australia, Canada and New Zealand

BREXIT Britain could form a federation with Canada, Australia, and New Zealand to create "superpower" after fully cutting ties with the EU, a historian has claimed.

Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 15.31.43.png

Edited by Surelynot
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, RayC said:

This grouping's combined GDP is a third of the EU's, and its 'soft power' influence on the world stage would be minimal.

For a while, I imagine such a group would grow much larger over time. Imagine if such a group extended the invitation to other EU member states so there's a ready made way out of the EU when they're ready to leave.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, elliss said:

It all depends , will Scotland be made welcome in the EU , doubt it .

Plan B .

God save our gracious Queen ..

if they do the eu will want them to dig deep into their sporrans,that,ll be their free education and prescriptions gone for a burton.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, transam said:

......for a truck driver.....????

What do you think the trucks they are driving are for...FUN?

Try import/ export of goods and logistics manager. Any small business, supermarkets, auto industry, haulage contractors ....

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

What do you think the trucks they are driving are for...FUN?

Try import/ export of goods and logistics manager. Any small business, supermarkets, auto industry, haulage contractors ....

So you want to stay in the EU because it is easier for office staff..Riiiiiiiight.  ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Makes you rather surprised that the 27 are not chomping at the bit to break away from the awful EU, like the great glorious and supremely wise UK did.

I don't suppose it might be because they have enough brains to realise, that negotiating as part of one of the largest trading blocks in the world, brings you huge advantages. On the other hand they/we could vote to be a minnow on the the world trading stage, and get treated as such. No more than we deserve really.

Not really, as most of them still reap a net financial gain by being members.

And again, not really, as the EU seems to have managed to fluff any advantages it might have had by taking years, or sometimes decades, to secure some of its 'deals', which has contributed to it becoming the slowest growing major economy bloc in the world. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RayC said:

So you are saying that a (new) group of 5 geographically scattered nations, with a combined spending power of +/-$6tn and a combined population of 136m is going to be able to negotiate better trade deals than a geographically centralised group of 27 nations, with a combined spending power of $20tn and a combined population of 446m? 

And the reason for this? Because the UK is now able to unleash its negotiating prowess free of the shackles of the constraining EU: I'd argue that the evidence of the UK's negotiations over the past three years might suggest otherwise.

You're an insider...?

35 minutes ago, transam said:

Nobody knows what's happening behind the scenes regarding negotiations, will be clearer after the new year, unless you're an insider....????

It's increasingly difficult to keep things under wraps. Notwithstanding that, I think that it is impossible for this group of 5 to become a reality and negotiate any deals anywhere before the New Year.

As you say, things will be clearer in the New Year but, based on the last 3 years, imo the chances of the UK having reasonably comprehensive trade arrangements with any of its major trading partners by then are pretty slim.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, kingdong said:

because its (the Commonwealth) ability to negotiate trade deals was stifled by its eu membership.

The Commonwealth is not, and never has been, a member of the EU!

Out of the 53 member countries, how many are, or were, in the EU?

Well, the UK was and Malta and the Republic of Cyprus still are.

• Like 2