Britain nears abandoning Brexit trade deal hope - The Telegraph

webfact

7 minutes ago, nauseus said:

You're probably right, at least for now, but the problem with the EU is that their freedom of movement pillar and the Schengen Zone encourages their own members to facilitate continuing and onward travel of migrants far too easily across Europe - notably from the south to north - ending with the formations of places such as the "Jungle" of Calais. Migrants who do not request asylum in the first 'safe' country avoid pressing that country to hold to The Dublin Agreement.

Do these migrants know that? Probably. 

further to your post whilst members of the eu, britain would be legally obliged to grant access to britain to eu citizens so  any eu country could have given a migrant a passport and a one way ticket to the uk and they,d have been nothing we could have done roll on 31st December

3 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

How is doing my civic duty when called upon herd and flock of sheep mentality?

How is doing my civic duty when called upon aiding and abetting paedophile rings?

We get it; you consider doing your duty a chore to be got out of by any means possible. 

drawing a line under it.

2 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Technically true; provided the EU national was coming to exercise a treaty right.

It would, of course, take a major change in all EU member states to their own immigration laws for any refugee there to simply be given a passport.

More Brexiteer paranoia from you.

zigger zagger zigger zagger hoi hoi hoi

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, kingdong said:

further to your post whilst members of the eu, britain would be legally obliged to grant access to britain to eu citizens so  any eu country could have given a migrant a passport and a one way ticket to the uk and they,d have been nothing we could have done roll on 31st December

And still they come !...in their small dinghys.....i guess they know about " Operation Dunkirk " so they know it is possible to cross.....as the British has proven , so it is possible to reach British waters ...just a few miles .....the (dis)"advantage" of large territorial waters ????

Edited by david555
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, david555 said:

And still they come !...in their small dinghys.....i guess they know about " Operation Dunkirk " so they know it is possible to cross.....as the British has proven , so it is possible to reach British waters ...just a few miles .....the (dis)"advantage" of large territorial waters ????

i thought the royal navy were meant to protect our shorelines?

2 minutes ago, nauseus said:

My point is that it is the EU itself, that has allowed and created this migrant problem in the English Channel.

Indeed, and we're not in the EU any more. The negotiations are about to end and the gloves are coming off.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Yes. I know. 

1 minute ago, ukrules said:

Indeed, and we're not in the EU any more. The negotiations are about to end and the gloves are coming off.

I don't know how many rounds there will be in that match but as far as migrants are concerned, I'm afraid it won't make much difference for a while.

1 hour ago, kingdong said:

i thought the royal navy were meant to protect our shorelines?

The U.K. face the same problem now as the E.U. face in the Mediterranean sea ……on  humanitarian grounds it becomes impossible to stop them . as soon a vessel is near they become a sudden in problem..., and risking to drown …., already the first voices against driving them back or stopping them appear in your media …. probably from lawyers side …., remember how long it took to deport that Muslim terrorism promoting cleric 

… years !

Same we in E.U. facing...

United Nations refugee laws are overhauled by Time , they now are used for economic gains , and used by gangs to make big money...

After the first drownings who would happen by interference from R.Navy to stop them , the N.G.O.'s ships would appear in the North Sea channel ,to help them as big taxi crossing as they do in the Mediterranean Sea...

Sad but true ,same as our  E.U. Frontex  experienced 

The UK and Japan have agreed a free trade deal in principle - maybe other countries will follow suit. I think covid has changed everything; the assumption that the UK will do badly outside the EU isn't as strong as before. There's a global pushback against globalized supply chains, many countries are looking to onshore more production. 

I agree, there will probably be another referendum if Sturgeon wins. 

Scotland is going independent and we can leave people like you far behind.

That's another way covid has changed things: during the last recessions, the economic factors played a part, but as both economies are currently depressed, it matters less. The UK has just officially entered recession (two consecutive quarters of shrinking growth) - GDP plunged 21% in the second quarter. Many companies are coming under severe financial stress, so the path for an independent Scotland is paved. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, david555 said:

The U.K. face the same problem now as the E.U. face in the Mediterranean sea ……on  humanitarian grounds it becomes impossible to stop them . as soon a vessel is near they become a sudden in problem..., and risking to drown …., already the first voices against driving them back or stopping them appear in your media …. probably from lawyers side …., remember how long it took to deport that Muslim terrorism promoting cleric 

… years !

Same we in E.U. facing...

United Nations refugee laws are overhauled by Time , they now are used for economic gains , and used by gangs to make big money...

After the first drownings who would happen by interference from R.Navy to stop them , the N.G.O.'s ships would appear in the North Sea channel ,to help them as big taxi crossing as they do in the Mediterranean Sea...

Sad but true ,same as our  E.U. Frontex  experienced 

then the outdated laws must be changed to cater to this current scenario.the first law could be introduced could be no asylum to anyone who tries to enter uk illegally,sent straight back that would soon put the people traffickers out of work.

Edited by kingdong

1 hour ago, kingdong said:

then the outdated laws must be changed to cater to this current scenario.the first law could be introduced could be no asylum to anyone who tries to enter uk illegally,sent straight back that would soon put the people traffickers out of work.

Up to the United Nstions to go change those International laws ....

Good luck for that .... i guess you are in for a long " invasion " .....just as the E.U. is on the other Sea

Sending back those ..?

Some carry already several documents "order to leave the x territory ...." which they did by that way ....just following a legal order ..lawyers would claim ...

Extra problem is now U.K. is a third country ... so the before aliance treaty's are void ...especially 31 December ...

Inherent on ..."No deal brexit..."

You are on your own to handle it i  fear same as us E.U.

...?

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, david555 said:

Up to the United Nstions to go change those International laws ....

Good luck for that .... i guess you are in for a long " invasion " .....just as the E.U. is on the other Sea

Sending back those ..?

Some carry already several documents "order to leave the x territory ...." which they did by that way ....just following a legal order ..lawyers would claim ...

Extra problem is now U.K. is a third country ... so the before aliance treaty's are void ...especially 31 December ...

Inherent on ..."No deal brexit..."

You are on your own to handle it i  fear same as us E.U.

...?

we're on our own to handle it,well if the eus antics so far are anything to go by just as well,think a swing to the right is in the post.........