Trump: Americans should wear a mask when they cannot keep social distance

webfact

11 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Trump supporters must be confused out of their minds over the Dear Leader's constant flip-flopping.  "Don't wear a mask."  "Wear if you want."  "Need to wear."  Maybe Trump will decide to take down confederate statues next.  If he thinks it would help him get reelected, Trump will say anything. 

Republican Steve Schmidt, who ran John McCain's 2008 campaign for president, was interviewed on MSNBC.
In response to a very general question regarding the Trump Presidency, Mr. Schmidt spoke for two solid minutes and gave the most insightful and brutally honest response of what the Trump Presidency has done to our great country:

“Donald Trump has been the worst president this country has ever had. And, I don't say that hyperbolically. He is. But he is a consequential president. And, he has brought this country in three short years to a place of weakness that is simply unimaginable if you were pondering where we are today from the day where Barack Obama left office. And, there were a lot of us on that day who were deeply skeptical and very worried about what a Trump presidency would be. But this is a moment of unparalleled national humiliation, of weakness.

"When you listen to the President, these are the musings of an imbecile. An idiot. And I don't use those words to name call. I use them because they are the precise words of the English language to describe his behavior. His comportment. His actions. We've never seen a level of incompetence, a level of ineptitude so staggering on a daily basis by anybody in the history of the country whose ever been charged with substantial responsibilities.

"It's just astonishing that this man is president of the United States. The man, the con man, from New York City. Many bankruptcies, failed businesses, a reality show, that branded him as something that he never was. A successful businessman. Well, he's the President of the United States now, and the man who said he would make the country great again. And he's brought death, suffering, and economic collapse on truly an epic scale.

"And, let's be clear. This isn't happening in every country around the world. This place. Our place. Our home. Our country. The United States. We are the epicenter. We are the place where you're the most likely to die from this disease. We're the ones with the most shattered economy. And we are, because of the fool that sits in the Oval Office behind the Resolute Desk."

• Thanks 2

As cases rises in states around the country. . . 

It used to be deaths they tried to terrify us with. Now it's cases. Clearly, they are running out of steam as the pandemic runs out of new victims.

Poor old Don. Sounds like the globalists have finally got him into the pen with the rest of the sheep. Well, he's always been a pragmatist. If you can't beat 'em. . . 

Edited by Krataiboy
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

As cases rises in states around the country. . . 

It used to be deaths they tried to terrify us with. Now it's cases. Clearly, they are running out of steam as the pandemic runs out of new victims.

Poor old Don. Sounds like the globalists have finally got him into the pen with the rest of the sheep. Well, he's always been a pragmatist. If you can't beat 'em. . . 

Coronavirus updates: US reports more than 1,000 deaths for the first time since May 29; CDC says virus rates 10x higher

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/07/21/covid-19-connecticut-false-positive-coronavirus-results-florida-teachers-trump/5473272002/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

First you claim it is cases 'they're trying to frighten us with in stead of deaths', when shown your claim is not true you explain away 'only playing catch-up'.

Corona related means just that, and is in no way shorthand for 'lumping all who died with the virus as died from the virus'.

Your claim it looks just like the seasonal flu is, in your own words, utter tosh.

Time to take off that facemask. The hypoxia is obviously starting to kick in.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

“We're asking everybody that when you are not able to socially distance, wear a mask, get a mask. Whether you like the mask or not, they have an impact, they'll have an effect and we need everything we can get,” he said.

Yet, he still didn't get it correct. CDC and every other credible health official has pleaded for mask wearing, EVEN IF YOU CAN PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING. The only possible exception is when you're in your own home.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, gazza4 said:

What has happened to all expats from America who live in Thailand? They always contribute to forum discussions about Trump and his "alleged" policies and the "Left" etc. Why haven't we seen their thoughts on "flip-flopping" by their illustrious leader? 

You dont really think that all American expats that live in Thailand are Trump supporters do you? Ever consider a number of us have left for LOS **BECAUSE** Donald Trump is in power? ( not why I left but it is a very happy coincidence)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skytrooper70 said:

“We're asking everybody that when you are not able to socially distance, wear a mask, get a mask. Whether you like the mask or not, they have an impact, they'll have an effect and we need everything we can get,” he said.

Yet, he still didn't get it correct. CDC and every other credible health official has pleaded for mask wearing, EVEN IF YOU CAN PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING. The only possible exception is when you're in your own home.

The Covid 19 transmission mechanism is still not fully understood.  In particular, it is not clear how long particles that host the virus can stay suspended in the air.  It is possible they are a risk for some time after the infected person leaves the area.  That would explain why the virus spreads rapidly in the US south and southwest during the summer when everyone escapes the heat by staying inside in air conditioned places. 

So, in public places wear the damn mask inside, even if the place isn't very crowded at the moment.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

I have to admit I learned a lot about Americans after this Trumpism became the reality it is. Sad I never thought people like those that were enabling a person like him could become a reality. Often I would swear out loud. "I hope he does win so I can witness the outcome I knew would become reality. " I surely was shocked this could be what it has turned into. I hope that this hard earned lesson from those who decided not to vote now will  end up as the true Americans come November.

There will always be a large number of people who don't want to think, they want a loud decisive leader who promises simple answers, quick fixes and convenient scapegoats.  Look at how many expats from western democracies supported the 2014 coup.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Time to take off that facemask. The hypoxia is obviously starting to kick in.

I give a arguments response to your post, and as was to be expected you don't like to be called out on your conspiracies.

• Haha 1

On 7/22/2020 at 9:50 AM, Saint Nick said:

...and if anyone mentions his imbecellic flip- flopping to him, he will say, he always encouraged people to wear masks!

Even before the virus, because he saw it coming before everybody else did!

Actually that is what more or less happeneds already!

On 7/22/2020 at 3:37 PM, klauskunkel said:

It has finally dawned on him that he was killing his own voter base, you know the ones who blindly believe everything coming out of his mouth..., therefore the flip-flop.

Somehow I doubt any "dawning" occurred, more likely, someone needed to tell him ... several times :dry:

• Like 2