Governor takes Phuket’s water woes to the Cabinet

webfact

Governor takes Phuket’s water woes to the Cabinet

By Tanyaluk Sakoot

1595396456_1-org.jpg

Governor Narong is to attend a Cabinet committee meeting in Bangkok today in the hope of getting projects approved to resolve Phuket’s recurring water-shortage crises. Photo: PR Phuket

PHUKET: Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew is to attend a meeting with a Cabinet committee today (July 22) to help gain momentum in resolving Phuket’s crippling water-supply situation.

“Last Friday [July 17], I went to see Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan to talk about the major issues of problems with water supply and flooding in Phuket so it can be raised with the Cabinet,” Governor Narong told reporters at Phuket Governor’s House on Monday evening (July 20).

“On Wednesday [July 22] I have to go join a meeting in Bangkok about these issues, to talk to a Cabinet committee about, for example, turning seawater into freshwater, the water-supply pipeline from Phang Nga dedicated to serving Phuket and the development of the Bang Neow Dum reservoir,” he said.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/governor-takes-phuket-water-woes-to-the-cabinet-76760.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-07-22

The first solution I would have thought of would have been a plan to progressively dismantle the hotel capacity of the Island. For instance by removing most of the cheaper accomodation in line with some stated policy of attracting affluent patrons. Limiting the number of beds would also reduce the workforce which would then move back the the provinces and countries of origin.

Obviously top down thinking isn't a Thai forte.

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

I went to see Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan to talk about the major issues of problems with water supply and flooding in Phuket so it can be raised with the Cabinet,” Governor Narong told reporters at Phuket Governor’s House on Monday evening (July 20).

So plenty of water... just can't hold on to it ?