Ex-PM Yingluck and two aides faulted by NACC over “Thailand 2020” project

webfact

Ex-PM Yingluck and two aides faulted by NACC over “Thailand 2020” project

000_DU8ZI.jpg

File photo – Former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra

Thailand’s former Prime Minister, Yingluck Shinawatra, former PM’s Office Minister Niwatthamrong Boonsongpaisarn and Suranand Vejjajiva, former Secretary-General to the Prime Minister, have been faulted by the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) for malfeasance in office, for allegedly wasting 240 million baht of taxpayers’ money in hiring two media firms for the promotion of the “Thailand 2020” roadshow project in 2013.

The two media companies, Matichon and Siam Sports Syndicate, and well as their top executives, Thakoon Boonpan and Ravee Lowthong, were also faulted for aiding and abetting the alleged offences.

In the “Thailand 2020” promotion project, 12 provinces were chosen for the launch of the campaign, featuring exhibitions to educate and inform people about the development of major infrastructure projects, such as the dual-track and high-speed rail projects, paid for with money from a two trillion baht loan bill, proposed by the Yingluck government.  Each of the 12 provinces were provided with 20 million baht, to be disbursed from the Central Fund.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/ex-pm-yingluck-and-two-aides-faulted-by-nacc-over-thailand-2020-project/

thaipbs.jpg

14 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

I told Yingluck she could hideout at my house but I never heard back from her. 

I think she is allergic to cats. 

I'd do a 14 day quarantine with her....have her LINE ID?......I'll bring the Mama cups...spicy or laab?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

This could be a news item to distract people from the ongoing Covid situation as their chances

to bring them to trial and justice is nil with many zeros...

It's taken 7 years for the NACC to "fault" them. Don't expect any action anytime soon! 

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/ex-pm-yingluck-cries-foul-over-recent-nacc-ruling/

Ex-PM Yingluck cries foul over recent NACC ruling

Former Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has cried foul over the National Anti-Corruption Commission’s ruling, which faulted her, former PM Office Minister Niwatthamrong Thamrong Paisan and former secretary-general to the Prime Minister, Suranand Vejjajiva, for alleged malfeasance in office relating to the spending of 240 billion baht of tax payer’s money to promote the “Thailand 2020” project.

Unbelievable. Gold mine anyone? Is he going to be held accountable for this? Closure of Prius manufacturing in Tjailand, is he going to be held accountable for this? Military parks dripping with corruption, is he going to be held accountable for this, all the other wasted money, all the looted money, a coup, then a farce of an election when oh when will they be held unaccountable??? The damage that this man and his goods have done to thailand will take decades to rectify if ever. Anyone got an 80baht lotto lately or deckchair on the beach. What a sad joke for Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/23/2020 at 9:18 AM, steven100 said:

wonder how much went towards fashion accessories such as shoes, handbags and the likes.   lol

Does Prayuth, your master like handbags?

I know he likes dirtbags as he has surrounded himself with some of the best !

...or is that worst?

Edited by Reigntax
  • Confused 1

On 7/23/2020 at 12:57 PM, johng said:

They are in power due to a military coup,Yingluck and Thaksin before her where in power because they won fair and square elections.

BS, I have been following Taksin since the early nineties, the most corrupt person of all far ahead of anybody else. Fair elections ???? you must be dreaming. Got not elected at first, bought and destroyed the reputation of the Palang Dam party of Chamlong, sent his wife to Hong Kong with bags full of money, (in the Chavalit gov, July 98) just before floating the baht. And finally when he knew the system he started for himself (THai Rak Thai) Helped with the downfall of Thai airways by allowing Air Asia (his family owned 51 % of the shares) in to the country. Forgot 600 million he put in the name of his driver and got away with it after he appointed the last judges himself. Changed the communication laws so that his company stayed legal and those foreign investor had to change. These are just a couple things, he makes Berlusconi look like a amateur. Where have you been hiding the last 25+ years ???? 

8 minutes ago, SomchaiCNX said:

the most corrupt person of all far ahead of anybody else

They are all corrupt   but some have given themself "immunity"  from all past present and future transgressions.

4 minutes ago, SomchaiCNX said:

Fair elections ???? you must be dreaming

The elections he won twice in a row  where overseen by international observers and generally regarded as free and fair..whereas at the last election international observers where not allowed in to monitor

(hell you couldn't even take a photo of a voting booth) the "results" took months to announce and a person who said he would not become prime minister..became prime minister !

9 minutes ago, SomchaiCNX said:

Where have you been hiding the last 25+ years ???? 

In my cosy man cave  thanks ????

• Like 1