Torrential rain brings flooding to Pattaya - one motorist floats away!

webfact

Torrential rain brings flooding to Pattaya - one motorist floats away!

3pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook reported that two hours of heavy rain yesterday left much of Pattaya impassable. 

Soi Khao Noi, the road by the railway and South Pattaya were all left under 30-50 cms of floodwater. 

It was worse on Sai 3 with flooding up to a meter. 

3pm1.jpg

However, the worst area that the reporters found was in Moo 6, Huay Yai where a Toyota Vios was nearly submerged. 

The driver Niyom, 59, said he used that road as a short cut to Sukhumvit and thought he could get through the flood waters. 

3pm2.jpg

He couldn't and ended up literally floating away before managing to get out of his car. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-23

How many cars must be a total write-off after these floods happening all the time? Surprised that car insurance covers floods, unless the premiums are through the roof. Do they even cover floods at all?

2 hours ago, thequietman said:

Did the rain not get the memo?

The mayor has said the city will be full this weekend - looks like it will be, but with water. ????

Did he mention the spanking new storm water drainage project  ? One of around 10 that I have seen installed around Pattaya over the years ????

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The driver Niyom, 59, said he used that road as a short cut to Sukhumvit and thought he could get through the flood waters.

59 years old and couldn't work that his car is not a submarine?

3 minutes ago, Oldie said:

Yesterday I watched them working on the Beach Road. The newly built canals were almost completely full with mud. 

Somebody put photos up on a forum showing them full of sand,maybe they thought the rain water would just flush them out.

3 minutes ago, lee b said:

Its what is in the water that actually scares me, if you feel something swim past your feet or legs or even brush past you get up the nearest tree fast !!

Sure.

You could get a bacteria infection on your privates.

Better to stay home and be safe when there is any threat of rain.

5 hours ago, thequietman said:

Did the rain not get the memo?

The mayor has said the city will be full this weekend - looks like it will be, but with water. ????

Bangkok post has stated that Hotels still face sluggish sentiment for the upcoming long weekend, resulting from concern over the economic situation and complicated processes involved in the "We Travel Together" tourism stimulus measure.

Link not posted.

41 minutes ago, lee b said:

Its what is in the water that actually scares me, if you feel something swim past your feet or legs or even brush past you get up the nearest tree fast !!

I'd think those critters swimming and brushing are also looking for the nearest tree. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I drove on the leading edge of that storm from BKK to Patts. Highway 7 was like a river, plenty of motorists aquaplaning and hitting each other. 

On the positive note, getting municipal water from the pipe 4 out of 7 days now. I guess the torrent went mostly into the sea instead of being stored for consumption.

First came here in 1981 worked offshore out of Sattahip use to stay in the old Royal Gardens Resort great place to live the flooding was the same then nothing has changed, BJ's bar and the Marine bar in walking street great memories