Aviation authority expects sector to recover in the fourth quarter

webfact

There is 'putting on a brave face' and being 'positive and optimistic' in the face of disaster, and then there is blind unreasoned optimism, lying to yourself and others, failing to see and plan for the obvious, and of course plain stupidity.  I wonder which side of the fence this falls on.  

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I think that applies in many places. People can't accept that they cannot go around as they did a few months ago. They cannot accept that the virus is still killing people every day all over the world and there is no vaccine and may never be one (although there are optimistic (!) reports that one will be developed). They ignore the fact that in many places where restrictions have been lifted cases have risen again. They are, naturally, impatient to get back to normal, but that might not be for a year or two in some circumstances such as travel or even having a job and the money to travel. This is going to take a very long time, and in today's instant I-want-it-now society terms that is very difficult for many to accept.

I am going to disagree with you,. The UK government, the US and most European governments too are not talking absolute rollocks with audacious predictions and trying to fool the people.

There is a difference from being impatience and spinning a big fat yarn in the hope that people will believe it. But Thailand is an expert at this as they have been feeding BS for countless years and the little piggies lap it up, so easily.

The people, politicians are too scared to tell the truth and say "hey, things are rough at the moment. Lets tell the truth and prepare for the worse". Instead lets all put our heads in the sand and pretend it isn't happening.

Edited by Laughing Gravy
update required

5 hours ago, yellowboat said:

They will be lucky if all goes back to normal before lunar new year.   Next month, Vietnam will starts talks with China about flights between the two countries.  The US infection rate will continue to spook many countries.  And like somebody already stated, who wants to travel with all these crazy restrictions.   If you really want to travel comfortably, buy a nice sailboat on Bahtsold.com 

I think it's obvious that Vietnam will open it's borders before Thailand just to get that foreign currency that Thailand doesn't want, and before the Philippines open it's borders and lets also not forget Chinese do not spend a lot of money when they are here, so Vietnam will want tourists from Western countries as well which Thailand doesn't want.

And x-mas happens on April 1st.

As long as they don't allow free travel, it will be dead.

Watch the unemployed people without assistance, when migrant workers will be brought in

6 hours ago, webfact said:

recover in the fourth quarter

This is the most absurd statement I have heard. The airline and associated tourist industry will not recover this year, next year, next decade, or ever. It is finished and those that hang on for a hope and a prayer will suffer the worst.

Read the writing on the wall.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Aviation authority expects sector to recover in the fourth quarter

What they expect and what is/not going to happen are Two different things .

Myself I think they maybe Dreaming.

But hey let them Dream ,Everyone Dreams from time to time.  ????

7 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

Such typical idiocy so common here. 

No coordination between government and industry. Every Pooyai has a different view. 

The entire global economy has been ruined, billions of people have been effected. People who have lost investments, income and other wealth will not soon be spending money freely. It will be yearS before things recover. 

Everything you said is correct, people worldwide lost thousands and hundreds of thousands of investment dollars because of this pandemic. It will take years to recover properly. imo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, webfact said:

During the week July 12-18, the number of international passengers was 13,422, a 5.7-per-cent decrease from the previous week while there were 845 international flights, an increase of 6 per cent.

Wow! That's an average of 16 passengers per flight!

• Haha 1

Well, myself and a dozen friends will not be flying from Canada to Thailand

this year. There may be a couple who will go to Vietnam, as they have been

planning to visit that country for a couple years, and decided to go there this

Winter. I am on the fence for now but will think about it in November when the snow is on the

ground, and the temps will be below zero c.

Geezer

3 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Well, myself and a dozen friends will not be flying from Canada to Thailand

this year. There may be a couple who will go to Vietnam, as they have been

planning to visit that country for a couple years, and decided to go there this

Winter. I am on the fence for now but will think about it in November when the snow is on the

ground, and the temps will be below zero c.

Geezer

You wont be alone. Anybody who enters Thailand with these new rules needs their brains tested.

Hello Vietnam and the Philippines

I think anyone  would believe that flights are not going to happen until the next high seasons or dec at the latest safely.The chinese first allowed in I don,t know,If they open the gates then everyone who is clear will be allowed in

Edited by bristolgeoff