Thailand drops charges against Red Bull heir in deadly hit-and-run

webfact

8 hours ago, Donutz said:

Country of impunity. Where those high up with connections going up high(er) get away with all sorts of cri.. stuff. Will THailand ever know true and fair justice for all?

Not with Prauyut in control LOL 

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

Unless you are Thai, it's got nothing to do with you or your views.  Whinge against it all you like on TVF, but no point in taking any of this to heart, or indeed bothering about it at all.  The Thais don't care and are not surprised, so why should you, I presume a guest in their country, be so?  I sure don't care. 

do you live in Thailand? have you made it your home? and yet you dont care? tomorrow it could be your loved ones that get ploughed down by some other drunken, rich kid, will you care about the lawlessness then? pathetic.

• Like 2

I wonder if this is a ploy, to get him to drop his guard and appear in public, and then they change their minds again and grab him. But I imagine like most of you, if he's heir to that much money, that he was able to compensate all who whose pockets needed to be, and the matter is settled. A few hundred million US $ out of a pocket worth 2 or three times that is well spent if that's what it cost. One might imagine that if he paid enough to the families and they accepted it, then this is one form of Thai justice

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

How many here would do the same if their son/daughter developed an illness like alcoholism and killed someone while driving?

To be honest, if I were a billionaire, I would pay to get my child off, rather than spend life in a Thai jail. 

Can anyone honestly say they wouldn't? 

the point is they shouldn't be able to,,, get it!

It is embarrassing how many foreigners disrespect Thai culture and laws but are then able to buy their way out. Shame on the Thai for letting this happen again and again. The Thai police need to start respecting their own culture and laws. Then they might get more respect from disrespectful people. 

Edited by Puzzler
Info

7 hours ago, ezflip said:

Cop killer walks free...oh wait. My bad. Here I was thinking this is earth shattering news. It's just a typical Friday in Thailand.

They paid a lot of money to the cop family......Money can buy everything in LOS.SAD...

7 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

99% of us would use our money to stop our family members going to a Thai jail. I don't know.

What’s that got to do with the justice system failing to do their duty? Do you think people are only angry at the Red Bull family? 

4 hours ago, Yinn said:

Sorry Lomsak, I forgot the TVF narrative. 

My point is rich people in the world same. 

IMO Epstein worse. Have intention to rape. Boss was accident. 

And many Amerika topics on TVF. 

Once again: not an accident, if you get drunk and cocked out of your eyeballs, get into a high- velocity vehicle and smash down Sukhumvit, beyond the speed- limit (allegedly...of course)!

Is that so hard to understand?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

What’s that got to do with the justice system failing to do their duty? Do you think people are only angry at the Red Bull family? 

Do you believe in Democracy? The people decide the laws and customs. If you're not Thai, maybe you shouldn

t be criticizing the system. The majority of Thais agree with corruption and take part in it, at all levels

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, phetphet said:

It wasn't an accident. The guy was driving while drunk and high on coke apparently. Also tried to get a worker to say he was driving and to take the blame.

You can try and whitewash it, but no way was it an accident. Why do you think the police brought charges in the first place?

How would you feel if it was a member of your family? 3 million baht? OK. Thank you. all is forgiven.

Of course it was an accident, he didn't mean it. Have you ever once driven after taking a drink or drug?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

It's just a platform for people to air their views, nobody cares what is said on here

It was a forgone conclusion, sad but that is the reality of being in Thailand. Yes it happens in many other countries also but for the most part the people on here live in Thailand so it has the most relevance of how the Thais conduct their business that ultimately can, and sometimes will, affect the ones that live here.....