Thailand drops charges against Red Bull heir in deadly hit-and-run

webfact

4 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Cool. And those of us who subscribe to the futility of trying to change it all are free to waste our time posting as such.

Your stated concern for us "wasting our time" while you waste yours.

image.png.51c66de408e453bd51bbe886e8e87799.png

You didn't answer my question. I comment 'cos I care.

You don't care. So why do you comment?

it may have been this sham fbi arrest warrant .say perhaps he is living in singapore many people point out to authorities he is at x address relevant country has to tell thailand we are going to arrest him for you.knowing full well thailand are just playing at hide and seek as you would with small child can't see you.So either remove warrant or here he is under arrest in any country not willing to play the game

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, billybog said:

This was the correct decision.. if you looked back at all the facts, you would see that he would be found NOT GUILTY. people think they know everything and just make comments without knowing all the facts.

It seems you know sweet f a about the facts in this case. Or just trolling?

5 minutes ago, billybog said:

This was the correct decision.. if you looked back at all the facts, you would see that he would be found NOT GUILTY. people think they know everything and just make comments without knowing all the facts.

It is for a judge to decide, not the police or government!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The whole thing stinks.  PEOPLE   Vote with your feet. Don't buy Red Bull!

Just now, Baerboxer said:

Maybe all those complicit in the ongoing attempts to brush this under the carpet; and the ones who seem to have finally accomplished that. 

So the family of the accused? I would exactly the same for my family, and say 99% of people would do the same.

Just now, prakhonchai nick said:

It is for a judge to decide, not the police or government!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The whole thing stinks.  PEOPLE   Vote with your feet. Don't buy Red Bull!

You mean vote with my wallet? Feet?

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I'm sure they are very happy that their loved one died at at the hands of a billionaire rather than a \poor rice farmer. They have been handsomely compensated. 

Do you have any evidence to support your assertion on compensation?

IIRC, the amount quoted as being offered/paid at the time of the funeral was paltry.

1 minute ago, Baerboxer said:

Do you have any evidence to support your assertion on compensation?

IIRC, the amount quoted as being offered/paid at the time of the funeral was paltry.

3 million baht was the official amount.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

For the life of a husband and father. From a family worth billions. 

Sorry they've been so inconvenienced and had to pay pocket change.

They got a lot more than that. Do you think compensation should be based on your wealth? 50,000 is what most families get.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

For want of a better advice, look out the window maybe? This is Thailand F F S. Then read how Thailand's social and political culture doesn't really feature on the radar of a whole lot of more sophisticated and developed nations states. They already know who's wearing the pants here but thanks for bringing a fresh word to the perpetual lament of "Why can't Thailand be more like home?".

I do believe you are trying to put words in my mouth, there was no mention about "Why can't Thailand be more like home" I have lived here long enough to know how things work here but this situation is surely a bad reflection on how things work here.

Edited by Geoffggi

9 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

But it is, in every country if you have money, you use it to get your kid off. 

No, injustices happen the world over, but a case as clear as this one wouldn't happen in a country with a half-decent justice system.

This is on the justice system here. They have been, and are, despicably abhorrent and loathsome

• Like 1

All charges dropped against Red Bull heir

By The Nation

800_9b47f39fac76422.jpg?v=1595564221

All charges against an heir to the Red Bull empire, accused in the death of a police officer eight years ago, have been dropped, a senior police officer told CNN.

Pol Colone Sampan Luangsajjakul from Thonglor Police Station told CNN that the Office of the Attorney-General had decided not to indict Vorayuth Yoovidhya on June 12 and the arrest warrant against him had been revoked. The National Police Commissioner was not against this decision.

The case of Vorayuth Yoovidhya or "Boss" drew attention from media all over the world after his Ferrari crashed into policeman on a motorbike on September 3, 2012, leading to his death.

Yoovidhya was charged with drunk driving, negligence causing death and committing a hit and run.

A conviction would have potentially resulted in an imprisonment of over 10 years. He was released on a bail of Bt500,000.

The Yoovidhyas are among Thailand's richest families.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30391858

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-07-24

8 hours ago, Donutz said:

Country of impunity. Where those high up with connections going up high(er) get away with all sorts of cri.. stuff. Will THailand ever know true and fair justice for all?

No different than in the US, except for the wording of the secret rules and laws and the name and style of the dance - if you're rich enough to buy the best lawyer, or know the right people, you can even get a pardon from Trump no matter how foul your crimes - even war criminals who committed atrocities were pardoned by Trump because the victims were muslim and he hates muslims. 

but the x pms will have to wait until the general/s party is removed, before they can come back, perhaps Boss will run for government next time around, can not wait to see what the general will have to say, but that new plane has not arrived yet