Thailand drops charges against Red Bull heir in deadly hit-and-run

webfact

5 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Sadly typical Thailand. Money is more important than justice and what is right. Just like years ago a certain person killed a policeman in front of numerous witnesses and the charges were dropped.

A stint in the temple and he was a government minister.

If i was Thai I would be absolutely ashamed and embarrassed that this continually goes on and people just accept it. A very sad day in Thai history.

Agreed... a nation that has been repeatedly beaten down with banana tree leaves, now a nation of cowards who won’t fight and only know submission... The new oupost of CCP in SE Asia.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Pilotman said:
5 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Then you have no need to worry. Let me express condemnation (something we should all do when faced with injustice) while you accept it. 

Unless you are Thai, it's got nothing to do with you or your views.  Whinge against it all you like on TVF, but no point in taking any of this to heart, or indeed bothering about it at all.  The Thais don't care and are not surprised, so why should you, I presume a guest in their country, be so?  I sure don't care. 

Ditto.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

The difference is. that in the case like this, a foreigner would not get out of it so easily. 

I guarantee that if a foreigner could come up with the money they absolutely could buy their way out.  Maybe even easier as they wouldn't be famous and might avoid the media and public scrutiny.  

It isn't difficult to do more or less exactly what he did.  Just don't turn up for court, keep delaying and then leave the country.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Unless you are Thai, it's got nothing to do with you or your views.  Whinge against it all you like on TVF, but no point in taking any of this to heart, or indeed bothering about it at all.  The Thais don't care and are not surprised, so why should you, I presume a guest in their country, be so?  I sure don't care. 

A beautiful sentiment towards the life, and meaningless death, of a fellow human being. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Surely, anyone who has lived in Thailand for any period of time is not surprised by this outcome.  Even when one or their own is killed, the police are still powerless against the elite in Thailand who can, and will continue to be able to buy their way out of any problem.  Sad, but true.  I at least hope that the policeman's family was paid enough to keep them comfortable for the remainder of their lives.  But, it is no way compensates them for the loss of a loved one.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Then you have no need to worry. Let me express condemnation (something we should all do when faced with injustice) while you accept it. 

Do something, anything, concrete about it,

not only words on a forum behind an anonymous nickname,

and I will review my opinion.

I did and do nothing, I accept the unchangeable.

Call me a coward or whatever.

Sure is, I am not a keyboard warrior.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

Thailand should be holding its head in shame today, another reason to get out and stay out of that lawless cr**hole, as if there were not enough reasons already.

Off you go then.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Curt1591 said:

I wonder the final price that was settled on and how it was divvied up.

yes, this was my first though although more along the lines of it had to be a massive payout by any standards.

13 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

No, see the headline, laugh, shrug then go make a coffee and cuddle the wife. 

Well, you forgot to mention the bit where you took time out of your life to post comments about how little you care about this story and the death of another human being. 

Edited by rkidlad
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, rkidlad said:
18 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

No, see the headline, laugh, shrug then go make a coffee and cuddle the wife. 

Well, you forgot to mention the bit where you took time out of your life to post comments about how little you care about this story and the death of another human being. 

But it's not about us with open minds that are unburdened by holding conventional notions in an unconventional setting is it?

4 minutes ago, rkidlad said:
6 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Yes, and it is incredibly easy to do. Give it a shot.

But I do care. That's why I'm commenting.

You don't care. So why are you commenting again?

Or is it?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

How the other half (or 1%) live !

If he had been some poor peasant farmer, this would never have happened.

I wonder how the family of the deceased feel about this strange decision ?

I'm sure they are very happy that their loved one died at at the hands of a billionaire rather than a \poor rice farmer. They have been handsomely compensated. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1