Extension of amnesty to 26th Sept - what happens if you leave 28th?

I recommend waiting for Immigration to clarify this, which they should do within a few days. Most members right now will tell you that the overstay will run from September 26th if you do nothing before then. I am not so sure this will be the case. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, BritTim said:

I recommend waiting for Immigration to clarify this, which they should do within a few days. Most members right now will tell you that the overstay will run from September 26th if you do nothing before then. I am not so sure this will be the case. 

I guess that you also are among the people who were not sure that amnesty would be extended...

so funny any of you are ❤️

• Like 1

leaving 28th,
leave by air 500 baht fine (possibly 1000 baht due to amnesty)
leave by land 1000 baht fine
(they give 1 day grace at airport under normal circumstances)

cap is 20k but i think staying here on overstay now may carry much more risk, as there is no haystack
if you are on a short stay visa or exempt it seems you must make an effort to leave or have a valid reason why you cannot
which is unlikely to "no direct flights" as it is possible to reach many countries 
regardless of travel duration, cost or inconvenience to yourself.

example of valid case to stay, 
you booked your flight but broke your arm days before flying.....
(cannot fly with plaster cast????)

22 hours ago, BritTim said:

Unless they extend the amnesty beyond 26th September. Anything is possible, with the virus still raging in many parts of the world and most places suffering from new spikes when they have tried to restore even halfway to normality. The UK PM has said the virus may not be behind us for another year, and I think it's entirely possible that the ban of entering the country will continue. The Thai government has demonstrated over and over again that it is putting health before a jobless and starving population.

2 hours ago, innosiem said:

leaving 28th,
leave by air 500 baht fine (possibly 1000 baht due to amnesty)
leave by land 1000 baht fine
(they give 1 day grace at airport under normal circumstances)

cap is 20k but i think staying here on overstay now may carry much more risk, as there is no haystack
if you are on a short stay visa or exempt it seems you must make an effort to leave or have a valid reason why you cannot
which is unlikely to "no direct flights" as it is possible to reach many countries 
regardless of travel duration, cost or inconvenience to yourself.

example of valid case to stay, 
you booked your flight but broke your arm days before flying.....
(cannot fly with plaster cast????)

Wow, breaking ones arm is a bit OTT

19 hours ago, SePl said:

I guess that you also are among the people who were not sure that amnesty would be extended...

In June, I was not sure the amnesty would be extended. By mid July, with no statement that people had to leave now, I was pretty sure there would be a way to stay for a month or two, possibly with a warning that this was the last chance to get affairs in order.

51 minutes ago, Almer said:

Yep, I have heard the phrase "I would give my right arm to ...", but surely those that keen to stay should look into the Thailand Elite program instead.

21 hours ago, SePl said:

All 300000 foreigners won't be able to get a visa or leave for September 26th, so it's sure that it will be extended again.

It will probably not be extended again. And if people have to leave they can start looking for flights today if they need to. Why wait until it's to late and be on overstay. There's been flights out of the country for weeks. And I hardly doubt there are 300k stranded tourists around looking for outbound flights. Some of them don't even know they can leave the country next week if they need, unless they are Aussies. Tickets might be a little bit more expensive,though. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

There's been flights out of the country for weeks.

Perhaps to some countries but not to all countries.

Many have not opened up to any arriving flights and some are not even allowing their own citizens to enter.

Click a few of the countries on this map. https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SePl said:

All 300000 foreigners won't be able to get a visa or leave for September 26th, so it's sure that it will be extended again.

Other threads are contradicting this.... some may get extensions with supporting docs or an Embassy letter, some may get a Visa, but I suggest Immigration may have got the broom out of the cupboard (unless some persuasive pressure creates a change of heart by Sept....)

5 hours ago, Almer said:

it was an example of a valid reason to stay
not advice on methods how to stay ????

as in you need a valid reason why you cannot fly
as there are many flights to get you home,
albeit many destinations may require multiple flights that are not connecting

On 7/24/2020 at 11:45 AM, DrJack54 said:

Overstay is per day 500baht. Capped at 20000baht

If you apply for extension it will commence the day you apply

wrong, they said that extension will start from september 26th.

wen will people try to learn to read and understand correctly ?!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, samtab said:

The Op stated nothing about applying for an extension. They certainly will not be automatic. He asked what happens if you exit 2 days post Sept 26.

Clearly if he obtains an extension he can exit any time prior to expiry.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, samtab said:

Show me ONE post where OP mentioned applying for an extension. His post was clear. What happens if you exit 2 days post Sept 26.

The answer is equally clear. Pay 1000baht upon exit. 2x 500 baht.

Not rocket science.

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Show me ONE post where OP mentioned applying for an extension. His post was clear. What happens if you exit 2 days post Sept 26.

The answer is equally clear. Pay 1000baht upon exit. 2x 500 baht.

Not rocket science.

Of course, in theory, authorities could show up at his place on September 27th and arrest him for overstaying. Unlikely but theoretically possible.

Other than that, it's what you said.

• Like 1