Best pickup regardless of price

canopy

8 hours ago, Don Mega said:

They are a great old beast but not at all relevant to the OP's question.

A friend in Bangkok recently purchased an F150 Raptor, now thats an awesome truck !!

Well the new models land cruisers are way beyond the Raptors in Australia.

The V8 Cruiser is more reliable and a lot tougher.

i have been driving them for years in Australia above and underground as well as in PNG and we broke all the fords, the cruisers just kept on going.

i know you can buy new 200 series cruisers in Bangkok,although they are a wee bit expensive, so i think you get get a new tray back or style side if you looked hard enough.

Edited by moose7117

Power is a weak area in Thailand and the flagships are equipped with just 4 cylinder engines. There are no V8's so you are really getting just half an engine. But anyway here are some peak power specs I found for comparison:

ford raptor ranger:         2.0L diesel 213ps, 500nm torque
toyota revo rocco:          2.8L diesel 204ps, 500nm
mitsubishi triton athlete 2.4L diesel 181ps, 430nm

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, bodga said:

Ugly with a hard  ride, is what I  thought when testing it and no  apple  car play android  auto.

That is another topic for you to start, plus your test ride probably had the mandatory 50psi in the tyres.  ????

You want a truck with a saloon car ride, then buy a saloon....????

• Haha 1

the reason I like our nissan is the comfort, I have a damaged spine and after I tried all the various pick ups available the nissan was by far the most comfortable for me, it also has  great ride even when empty. We have had it 2 years and it runs great, good fuel economy, enough power when you need it, we got the same as the one in the pic, the 2 wheel drive Navara Calibre Sportech top of the range, its under a million baht and I cant fault it, didnt need a 4wd as we dont go bush/off road. We also have a toyota 4 wd hilux(wifes work car), doesnt even come close, even she takes the nissan when she has to do any long drives because its so much more comfortable, the toyota is used around the local area only

demo_car-navara-dc-calibre-el-6mt-Sportech-1024x683.jpg

Edited by seajae
  • Like 1

I got the Ranger Wildtrak X (limited edition with a steel pushbar, wheels pushed out 5cm and all the doohickies you want). The surround sound radar and automatic everything is pretty amazing.

It has the 2 liter biturbo, which packs a punch and a 10 speed auto for smooth acceleration. It can also do 1000km on a tank on the highway. The only issue I see is that downhill engine braking is way less than my 3 liter Chevy. 

Because Covid they gave me the upgraded "X" for the same price as the regular Wildtrak 4x4, so it wasn't a crazy price.

I recommend it for the price, performance and looks. I have no regrets even though my 2004 Chevy only had 65k km on it.

my truck.jpg

• Confused 1

Ford Ranger Raptor if your looking for the best handling (thanks to Fox performance suspension front and rear) , and assuming use is primarily not as a farm workhorse or carrying 5,000kgs of pineapples.

2019 Ford Ranger Raptor now available in Absolute Black ...

Otherwise I would go for the brand new Toyota Revo Rocco.

à¹à¸à¸´à¸à¸à¸±à¸§ Toyota Revo à¹à¸à¸¡à¸à¸£à¸±à¸à¸à¸£à¸¸à¸ à¹à¸à¸µà¸¢à¸£à¹ 6 Speed à¸à¸£à¹à¸­à¸¡ ... 

• Thanks 1

If money is no object and it has to be a pick-up then the 2020 VW Amarok Aventura.

Though not sure why anyone would buy a pick up when for the same money you can get a decent SUV and the things you transport won't get wet if it rains.

On 7/27/2020 at 9:42 PM, smccolley said:

I got the Ranger Wildtrak X (limited edition with a steel pushbar, wheels pushed out 5cm and all the doohickies you want). The surround sound radar and automatic everything is pretty amazing.

It has the 2 liter biturbo, which packs a punch and a 10 speed auto for smooth acceleration. It can also do 1000km on a tank on the highway. The only issue I see is that downhill engine braking is way less than my 3 liter Chevy. 

Because Covid they gave me the upgraded "X" for the same price as the regular Wildtrak 4x4, so it wasn't a crazy price.

I recommend it for the price, performance and looks. I have no regrets even though my 2004 Chevy only had 65k km on it.

my truck.jpg

Its been Vandalised.!

On 7/26/2020 at 11:12 PM, Ireland32 said:

New Rocco smooth 

I tested it when I was  buying 12  months  ago. I do  know it has had some updates adding apple  car play after years of  moans from consumers about that

On 7/27/2020 at 7:55 AM, transam said:

That is another topic for you to start, plus your test ride probably had the mandatory 50psi in the tyres.  ????

You want a truck with a saloon car ride, then buy a saloon....????

no, thats  was compared with others I tried, the Ranger was  plain mushy maybe they forgot  your mandatory 50psi when I was at Ford.

I believe the subject is "best pick up truck" maybe you should  start a  saloon car thread.

Edited by bodga

On 7/27/2020 at 6:36 AM, canopy said:

Power is a weak area in Thailand and the flagships are equipped with just 4 cylinder engines. There are no V8's so you are really getting just half an engine. But anyway here are some peak power specs I found for comparison:

ford raptor ranger:         2.0L diesel 213ps, 500nm torque
toyota revo rocco:          2.8L diesel 204ps, 500nm
mitsubishi triton athlete 2.4L diesel 181ps, 430nm

Depends on weight also, I tried the bi  turbo raptor, it didnt  feel fast at  all compared to others I  tried

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Katipo said:

Ford Ranger Raptor if your looking for the best handling (thanks to Fox performance suspension front and rear) , and assuming use is primarily not as a farm workhorse or carrying 5,000kgs of pineapples.

2019 Ford Ranger Raptor now available in Absolute Black ...

Otherwise I would go for the brand new Toyota Revo Rocco.

à¹à¸à¸´à¸à¸à¸±à¸§ Toyota Revo à¹à¸à¸¡à¸à¸£à¸±à¸à¸à¸£à¸¸à¸ à¹à¸à¸µà¸¢à¸£à¹ 6 Speed à¸à¸£à¹à¸­à¸¡ ... 

These really are the only options. The ford, but only if it’s the Raptor otherwise the Toyota in any of its variants.  

• Like 1

On 7/26/2020 at 7:19 PM, Mama Noodle said:

Hands down the only answer is the top of the line Ford Raptor. 

Beats every metric and no truck in the same class can beat it. 

Its not full-time 4WD and only has a 2.0lt engine.

Next gen is rumored to have the Powerstroke 3.0 TD V6 though if I remember correctly.

It does have the best suspension (for off-road applications), but the engine and drivetrain are pretty lame IMHO.

• Like 1