Best pickup regardless of price

canopy

If you are going to recommend something, please mention what makes it the best. It could be a simple subjective reason, features, specs, just anything. The only post that has done a real good job so far nominates the Mitsubishi as the best of the best and no one has disputed it or offered reasons anything else might be better.

And of course vehicles sold in Thailand only!

• Haha 1

Best for what? Do you want the fastest or the best equipped or the most reliable pick up? Do you want to use it to transport buffaloes or convert it to a minibus or the extra cargo platform only needed for a few luggage occasionally? Is it going to be heavily loaded most of the time or empty? Do you want to use it in rural Thailand on mud roads or in the city? No simple answer for your question. 

This is the problem. The OP does not define what he thinks best actually means. He wants opinions then discards them as not meeting his requirements.

What do you mean by best? The best 4 door pickup, the space cab, doublecab?

The Ford Ranger, how about that? Not telling what best means, not going to mention any I think this is the best pickup, not telling you which of the many pickups Ford makes is best. 

Perhaps the question should be reviewed....

4 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

OP was probably not clear enough so I try to make it clear:

Not best value for money, but best, period

Again - OP was probably not clear enough so I'll try to put his words in a bit clearer way:

something ...   ... on the market this year

Now this by itself might still be a bit vague so we have to consider where the OP was posted: Thailand Motor Forum.

This should suggest OP is looking for the best pickup available in THAILAND

Yes, as I said before, a Toyota....????

Just now, moose7117 said:

i have seen a Toyota land cruiser tray back here in Thailand.

They are the BEST pick up i have ever seen here, the early models are a bit agricultural however the new ones are simply spectacular.

They are a great old beast but not at all relevant to the OP's question.

A friend in Bangkok recently purchased an F150 Raptor, now thats an awesome truck !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, natway09 said:

If looking for a reliable workhorse, not the most flashy you just gotta have a good look at the Isuzu 

range. They just keep going & do not smoke after 100,000 KM

But they do have issues with their Clutch

2 hours ago, natway09 said:

If looking for a reliable workhorse, not the most flashy you just gotta have a good look at the Isuzu 

range. They just keep going & do not smoke after 100,000 KM

I have to agree with you D-MAX is the one, I have owned 2 still have one now I have done a lot of driving in this one in all kinds of weather up and down Thailand I have also owned a Vigo a nice drive on a straight dry road once you hit the rain even with 4 wheel drive I never considered it safe at high speed,

Best regardless of price you say .. 

Pickup versions of Mercedes legendary G-Wagen are available ..

If that's too rich try a 

Mercedes X class .. top spec'd ones close to 2.8 mil bt purchase price before you even get to import duties and stuff .. 

IMG_20200726_095104.jpg

IMG_20200726_094006.jpg