Dtac unlimited internet data plan - 12call/AIS unlimited internet data plan - True mobile unlimited internet data plan

SePl

I found DTAC agents and overall treatment of customers to be excellent. Unfortunately their signal at home, office, and nearly every other place I was staying was far from acceptable. So bad in fact I was using Wifi Calling and Wifi internet most of the time, which for full speed unlimited pack at 1600 or so per month was not a great deal. So I moved number to AIS, where I have full signal in most places and 10x+ higher speed of internet connection. AIS customer care has also been very good. True on the other hand has a very good signal, is generally on par (sometimes faster, sometimes slower, but average about the same) in internet speed as AIS, but voice quality seems audibly lower as if it was more compressed. Their customer support is not very good to deal with. I guess it's that bit of dealing with the No. 1 provider... the arrogance of it. They also bombard me with SMS that despite many attempts they refuse to turn off. No, it's not 3rd party offers. It's their own marketing garbage. Now as you seem to talk about prepaid, True may have one more trick up their sleeve - they are owned by CP group, which also owns 7-Eleven. And as such that's the only telecom you can top-up there. For AIS you'd need to go to Family Mart.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

I found DTAC agents and overall treatment of customers to be excellent. Unfortunately their signal at home, office, and nearly every other place I was staying was far from acceptable. So bad in fact I was using Wifi Calling and Wifi internet most of the time, which for full speed unlimited pack at 1600 or so per month was not a great deal. So I moved number to AIS, where I have full signal in most places and 10x+ higher speed of internet connection. AIS customer care has also been very good. True on the other hand has a very good signal, is generally on par (sometimes faster, sometimes slower, but average about the same) in internet speed as AIS, but voice quality seems audibly lower as if it was more compressed. Their customer support is not very good to deal with. I guess it's that bit of dealing with the No. 1 provider... the arrogance of it. They also bombard me with SMS that despite many attempts they refuse to turn off. No, it's not 3rd party offers. It's their own marketing garbage. Now as you seem to talk about prepaid, True may have one more trick up their sleeve - they are owned by CP group, which also owns 7-Eleven. And as such that's the only telecom you can top-up there. For AIS you'd need to go to Family Mart.

You can topup any carrier at Boonterm orange box at any 711 or family mart.

marketing garbage is similar with ais and dtac

Does True android app now work ? or is it possible to have an online account ? it didn't work for years.

DTAC signal is not always good.  At my house i often had no internet at all.  AIS is much stronger.  Check the coverage with a cheap sim before you spend a lot of money

• Like 1

I have post paid True 30Gb unlimited use for 321 baht a month but no phone calls. At night it can fall to download speed of 2-6 Gb. My other phone is post paid with AIS with 600 minutes of calls and unlimited internet access of up to 30Gb speeds this to drops at night to around 5-10 Gb. AIS has incredibly good customer service but I can't say the same about True. AIS cost 1,175 a month. 

Edited by JusticeGB
Put in the cost of AIS service

20 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I bought a DTAC umlimited internet sim card @ speed 10 Mbps + free calls to DTAC numbers, valid for 1 year for 1490  baht on Lazada and it works great. No monthly topups required.

How did you get past the requirement to show your passport and register the number with the  phone company?

18 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

These offers pop up from time to time but can be quite difficult to find out about (the Telco websites never seem to mention them but stores do show them). They normally require a new sim card and are valid for 12 months once started. 

I've had several before and am currently using an AIS Sim in a 4G+ D-Link Router that I bought and activated in March this year. 200 Baht per month for unlimited use at 10mbps. When running tests I'm seeing faster downloads over 26mbps. Ping is a bit slow depending on test server. In use browsing web and emailing it's just same as home connection. Plays YouTube perfectly well with no buffering.

image.png.5af2dc7814197782f94e9204174667b1.png

My DTAC speed at home was usually about 5-6 mbps down, 2-8 mbps up, depending on whether I had 1 or 2 lines of signal. When standing at the Airport Link station and trying it, I could get up to around 80-90 mbps both ways with DTAC-T carrier (which incidentally doesn't support Wifi Calling, making my phone unusable). Putting AIS SIM into same phone at same location now shows this:

1422408816_Photo27-7-20115545.thumb.png.2c1c85fc44c7bf9557883f2f705b8974.png

3 minutes ago, Andy from Kent said:

How did you get past the requirement to show your passport and register the number with the  phone company?

Shops often register numbers against someone else. A year and a half back I was buying SIM for my parents to use while on vacation and had all documents ready, but MBK seller said no need, already registered against some other farang. Makes you wonder what other phones get registered in your name when you give them your passport at a shop like that...

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, JusticeGB said:

I have post paid True 30Gb unlimited use for 321 baht a month but no phone calls. At night it can fall to download speed of 2-6 Gb. My other phone is post paid with AIS with 600 minutes of calls and unlimited internet access of up to 30Gb speeds this to drops at night to around 5-10 Gb. AIS has incredibly good customer service but I can't say the same about True. AIS cost 1,175 a month. 

I'm guessing your "Gb" references should be Mbps...  That's the measurement of internet speeds.

15 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

I could get up to around 80-90 mbps both ways with DTAC-T carrier (which incidentally doesn't support Wifi Calling, making my phone unusable).

If memory serves, DTAC's Turbo connection is on LTE Band 40, 2300 Mhz.... Your phone has to have that specific band enabled for LTE, and not all do..... But if you had it, I don't know of any reason it wouldn't support wifi calling.

Just now, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

If memory serves, DTAC's Turbo connection is on LTE Band 40, 2300 Mhz.... Your phone has to have that specific band enabled for LTE, and not all do..... But if you had it, I don't know of any reason it wouldn't support wifi calling.

Noticed that at home. When it said "DTAC" as a carrier, it would enable Wifi Calling. But whenever it changed to "DTAC-T" even when there was 1 line of signal (when it would normally switch to Wifi Calling), it didn't do that. Toggling the Wifi Calling switch didn't make a difference. So it must be something about DTAC-Turbo that disables ability to use it. Phone supports these bands (iPhone 8+).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tomazbodner said:

I agree with your comments regarding signal strength etc. Obviously, anyone who intends to buy one of these sims needs to determine which provider will be best for them BEFORE buying the sim card. As for topups, they can be done using Mobile Banking on your phone, so no need to go to a shop to do it. I am also getting a lot of marketing SMS on my new sim but that doesn't faze me.

I am getting RAKED apparently.    I'm paying about 1200 baht PER MONTH for 8-10mbps from dtac.

(which I've never had any service issues with.  I have nothing bad to say in that regard).

I need to find out where you guys are getting these 200mn deals for 30mbps unlimited!

Edited by Dart12
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I agree with your comments regarding signal strength etc. Obviously, anyone who intends to buy one of these sims needs to determine which provider will be best for them BEFORE buying the sim card. As for topups, they can be done using Mobile Banking on your phone, so no need to go to a shop to do it. I am also getting a lot of marketing SMS on my new sim but that doesn't faze me.

I have had to go in each time.  It won't accept my credit cards or bank cards (US based banks).

24 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Shops often register numbers against someone else. A year and a half back I was buying SIM for my parents to use while on vacation and had all documents ready, but MBK seller said no need, already registered against some other farang. Makes you wonder what other phones get registered in your name when you give them your passport at a shop like that...

I think there is a small risk involved, but really it's the same when you have to provide a copy of you passport ID page to hire a motorsai/car, check into some hotels (not all are bothered) or buy a sim card at a DTAC/Ais/True shop. I even got someones passport ID page on the back of a 90 day report next appointment slip from immigration.

2 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

I am getting RAKED apparently.    I'm paying about 1200 baht per month for 8mbps from dtac.

(which I've never had any service issues with.  I have nothing bad to say in that regard).

I need to find out where you guys are getting these 200mn deals for 30mbps unlimited!

DTAC full unlimited (well, 100 mbps max, but no cap on transfer) is 1299/month and available from DTAC shop. The 1/4/8/10 mbps unlimited SIMs are available from Lazada/Shopee. Mutt Daeng even posted a link to one of these above. But you have to use the number that you get - can't transfer your number to it, so it's only for new number. Available from DTAC/AIS/True for roughly same prices.

• Like 1