TR visa to Non-Immigrant Visa type B without leaving

Normally I spend 2 months in Thailand then 2 months in Vietnam then 2 months in Australia. My gf is Thai so for covid we decided to stay in Thailand. 10 or so years ago used to get multiple entry business visas in Australia but then paperwork requirements changed and multiple entry tourist visas were good enough... until now.

Now I have to change my visa status from TR to Non-imm (B/E/O/S/?) without leaving. I have good business relationships in Thailand but what realistically do you think my options are given there are only 7 weeks left til a flight back to Europe is looking better than overstay?

Marriage visa is already out of the question (no thai bank account in my name with 400k for 2 months/the whole marriage thing) and much less than 50 years old for retirement visa.

Open to any realistic suggestions ???? please PM me

You would need to be working for a Thai company to apply for a 90 day non-b visa entry. Apparently you also do not qualify for any other non immigrant visa. The only possibility ii to enroll in a school to change to a non-ed visa.

Not much you can get now other than a 30 day special extension with a letter from your embassy to stay past September 26th.

• Like 2

Ubonjoe,

Do you know if it is possible to obtain a Non Immigrant B visa without leaving Thailand ?

My Non Immigrant O (based on marriage) expired in May and I am currently under the amnesty.

I cannot renew this in Thailand due to financial requirements and I cannot go to Laos due to the border lockdown.

I realise normally you obtain this in your home country or elsewhere offshore before entering Thailand but I reside permanently in Thailand.

I have been offered a job in Rayong by an Australian company but I do not think they (or their Thai branch) have any experience with immigration issues.

Any assistance greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

Shane

You cannot apply for a non immigrant visa of any category unless you are on a visa exempt or tourist visa at immigration.

After getting a work permit application approval letter you could apply for an extension of stay based upon working for a company since you have a non-o visa entry the has been extended under the amnesty.

General requirements to apply for extension based upon working here after clicking number 1. 

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?p=14714

• Like 1

Thank you Ubonjoe - as usual you have been a great help.

Unfortunately I think my Australian employer will faint when they see the required documentation and the hurdles they need to jump over.

I hate to say this but it may be easier to just pay a pile of money to an agency and go the backdoor route.

Thanks again,

Cheers,

Shane

On 7/31/2020 at 3:23 PM, Ballbearing said:

Thank you Ubonjoe - as usual you have been a great help.

Unfortunately I think my Australian employer will faint when they see the required documentation and the hurdles they need to jump over.

I hate to say this but it may be easier to just pay a pile of money to an agency and go the backdoor route.

Thanks again,

Cheers,

Shane

That seems to be my conclusion too, now the only question is: do I wait till september and get an extra month on the visa (and wait to see any developments and/or avoid the inevitable rush) or apply now and pray nothing bad happens? decisions....

On 7/31/2020 at 8:51 AM, ubonjoe said:

After getting a work permit application approval letter you could apply for an extension of stay based upon working for a company since you have a non-o visa entry the has been extended under the amnesty.

Ubonjoe,

I am a bit confused - I thought I would have to have an approved extension of stay before I could apply for the work permit ?

20 minutes ago, Ballbearing said:

I am a bit confused - I thought I would have to have an approved extension of stay before I could apply for the work permit ?

You can apply for work permit with a non-b visa. The work permit approval letter is required to apply for a extension of stay. Or in many caest would be the the actual work permit.

6 hours ago, Ballbearing said:

Ubonjoe,

have been trying to work out how to go from Tourist Visa to Business visa with work permit doing 90 day reporting (as opposed to border runs) and there seems to be 2 distinct things you need to do:

1) move from Tourist Visa to Non-immigrant status (whether it be education, retirement, etc) through an agent to prevent having to leave

2) with non-imm status apply for a work permit with the help of Thai company (eg. 2 million capital, 4 thai staff allows for a work permit. More options and requirements I found here https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?p=14714 but the entire english section of website seems to be 404 at the moment so I can't double check) then move into a non-imm business visa. 

The only benefit of moving to business visa would be to extend your non-imm visa if its only 90 days or to change the requirements eg. education means going to school, retirement keeping 400,000b in bank account in your name, etc

Hope that is accurate and helpful but I would still double check

39 minutes ago, jbob said:

More options and requirements I found here https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?p=14714 but the entire english section of website seems to be 404 at the moment so I can't double check) then move into a non-imm business visa. 

This file has the info for applying for a non-b visa at immigration. http://bangkokimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/01-edit_NON-B.pdf

I think I posted the link you posted earlier when the the above website was down.