Need hotel booking but can't but book without flight which i can't book without hotel

28 minutes ago, Arjy2000k said:

How do i book a quarantine hotel, or my future appartment if i have no idea on any dates

I have read somewhere that it is possible to change the dates after booking. But I would contact the hotel you want to book before booking to ask about this.

This page seems to be saying that you can register for the flights before the ASQ is reserved. There are 3 flights in August.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/120100-**Repatriation-Flights-for-non-Thai-nationals**.html

There are some ongoing topics on this forum about repatriation by people that have done it. Scroll down the first few pages and you will find them,  

• Like 1

Hotels on the list are only for 14 days quarantine, and they must of course understand that cancelling and re-booking a room will happen. If asked through an email, imo they will answer and give you the correct info. 

• Like 1

OP: There are two separate applications you need to go through. 

1) Visa - You need flights and accommodation for this, proof of which must be uploaded to the the Visa Applicaion Web site. The form needs an uploaded document before you can proceed (it the digital equivalent of a box ticking)

Option A: Book a fully refundable flight and fully refundable hotel room for some time in the near future. 

Option B: Save a ‘word document’ as a JPEG (<500kb) with the comment: Repatriation Flight Allocated by Royal Thai Embassy, UK. Do the same with the ASQ Booking: i.e. ASQ Booking to be secured upon conformation of Certificate of Entry approval. 

2) Certificate of Entry Application - Don’t book any flights for the CoE, the Embassy allocate these. Just omit flights and ASQ from the application until the Embassy Confirm that you will be approved for the Certificate of Entry.

The staff at the Thai Embassy in the UK are switched on, they know the limitations of the process but are unable to put out any official information which ‘appears’ to contradict the official ‘clumsy’ announcement from the MFA. 

When applying for the CoE state that you will apply for the Visa process. 

Ask the Embassy which flight they would be able to put you on, and can you book that as part of the Visa process and then proceed with an ASQ booking. 

It is a very circular process and requires a lot of e-mails back and forth, but once you have communication with a ‘person’ rather than a generic consular e-mail address things will move along a little more easily. 

• Like 2

Registration for the flights that are available commenced at 9am today, UK time on the english speaking page of the RTE website.

I registered today and am in the process of uploading the E-Visa, which states that the supporting documents to be jpeg format and no bigger than 200kb each, including digital photo of self and passport bio page, WP or spouses ID card etc depending on your entry specifications. The 200kb size limit being that specified on the 34 page E-Visa guide that I read today, 500 kb would be better. Then its just taking or posting the passport and suporting documents to the embassy, appointment with Embassy set up during the E-Visa process and then arranging it to be returned by mail or picked up.

Once a repatriation flight is allocated by the Embassy then you can pay for the flight, bòok your ASQ accomodation and then submit the COE with the flight and ASQ included, along with the medical insurance. I am hoping that the COE documents can be emailed instead of visiting the embassy.

Complex and hard to do. It would have been easier if my visa hadn't expired in June.

Good luck with it, I'm struggling with it too.

• Sad 1

From the "Guide to Thailand E-Visa" document

Step 5 : You have to upload all the supporting documents as instructed on the page. The system will only 
accept the .jpg file type (size not exceed 200 kb). Click on Done to complete the application

- Once you click on Done, the system will ask if you wish to start another application for other person.

Guide to Thailand evisa v0.2 (1).pdf

Note that its only your passport ID page and photo that has to be in jpeg format

When you upload the other stuff - once you have done your photo and passport - They can be in pdf format ... But note the size limitation for each document

10 hours ago, nchuckle said:

So,apart from the odd few who slipped through it’s working exactly as it was intended then.....

In the Covid 19 Daily Briefing 31 July, Thailand Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced that since the beginning of July, over 2000 qualified foreign nationals have returned back to Thailand, so it seems some people are managing to jump through all the hoops.

24 minutes ago, srowndedbyh2o said:

In the Covid 19 Daily Briefing 31 July, Thailand Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced that since the beginning of July, over 2000 qualified foreign nationals have returned back to Thailand, so it seems some people are managing to jump through all the hoops.

London seems to be one of the most difficult embassy to deal with. My CoE and visa were processed, and mailed back in less than a week here in the US.