Think twice before getting a shot against covid 19

Brunolem

7 minutes ago, trucking said:

Actually, George Carlin was a comedian who's remit was to make people laugh , something he was good at.

His parodying of popular beliefs and opinions was what made him famous. Humorous takes on current affairs , that is all.

To assume he was a serious contributor to anything is in itself commical. 

I know who George Carlin is/was.

Seemed to shout a lot..no, a great deal..and have a pony tail.

I am just laughing at the idea that somehow any of his views would have any relevance to the current situation at all.

But I know that they seem to...because "George Carlin" appears to be a bit of an icon for the American Right.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

Always?

It's not as if they were coming up with a new vaccine every month, or every year, or even every decade...

Please, are you trying your best to not understand or are you just posting something stupid for fun. We are discussing responsibility of the creators for the side effects of a new vaccine, right?

Then my answer was that they have always dismissed or not taken responsibility for that. So now, do you realize that we were talking about vaccines? Oh, wait now! You started the thread, right?

I am hoping hospitals will soon carry Convalescent Plasma for those who do get infected with the virus here in LOS. A better solution in my opinion, as a vaccine may not be more than 50% effective.  https://health.ucsd.edu/news/releases/Pages/2020-07-09-does-blood-plasma-from-covid-19-survivors-help-patients-with-novel-coronavirus.aspx

14 hours ago, Antonymous said:

Same for me.

I have elderly friends in the USA who get flu shots religiously and have had bouts of flu four out of the past ten years that I've known them!

I don't want a vaccine against a virus. I want immunity against the State.

We can all feel better informed thanks to your large cache of meticulously maintained and thoroughly analyzed health records.

Edited by gamb00ler
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

I am hoping hospitals will soon carry Convalescent Plasma for those who do get infected with the virus here in LOS. A better solution in my opinion, as a vaccine may not be more than 50% effective.  https://health.ucsd.edu/news/releases/Pages/2020-07-09-does-blood-plasma-from-covid-19-survivors-help-patients-with-novel-coronavirus.aspx

Don't expect that as a routine.

It's hard enough to get blood anyway, and I can't see it being easier to get much for what you reference. Any blood obtained is normally used for all the other requirements that blood is needed for.

I'm sure rich people will be able to get it though.

28 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Vaccines have saved us from such as polio and small pox, but they were not rushed out in a bid to make megabucks.

Agreed, however I think these vaccines will not get through the FDA unless they meet the rigorous standards that the FDA has in place, sure they will allow them through the usual que's, waiting periods, but if they are not up to the standards, I am sure they will send them back to the labs, well at least hope so, pandemic or otherwise. As for other countries, well, who knows, we would hope the same applies.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

We can all feel better informed thanks to your large cache of meticulously maintained and thoroughly analyzed health records.

32 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

As opposed to yours?

I never claimed to provide any insight about vaccinations.  Your comment indicates you are unable to differentiate his position from mine.  Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue.

Edited by gamb00ler

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Please, are you trying your best to not understand or are you just posting something stupid for fun. We are discussing responsibility of the creators for the side effects of a new vaccine, right?

Then my answer was that they have always dismissed or not taken responsibility for that. So now, do you realize that we were talking about vaccines? Oh, wait now! You started the thread, right?

And I insist on saying that "always" is meaningless in the case of an event, the release of a new vaccine, that happens very infrequently.

As far as I know, the last "new vaccines" (not counting the yearly updates of the flu vaccine), were those against hepatitis B, somewhere in the 1990s...and before that, I have no idea.

So did the manufacturers of vaccines against hepatitis, diphtheria, tetanus, and a few others, seek immunity against the side effects of their products? You tell me...

46 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

So did the manufacturers of vaccines against hepatitis, diphtheria, tetanus, and a few others, seek immunity against the side effects of their products? You tell me...

In the test phase they did. As I said already. The manufacturers ALWAYS seek immunity against the side effects of new vaccines before they have been rendered as safe.

Just to be clear. There is nothing wrong with me using the word ALWAYS regarding new vaccines.

18 hours ago, connda said:

Efficacy is a moot point.  It doesn't matter.  What matters is how much money the pharmaceutical companies will amass once governments mandate the vaccine. 
$60 a pop.  7 Billion people.  1 dose.  And of course, they'll need to be a regular vaccination schedule to make sure the world isn't wiped out by killer Covid.  This will soon be a multi-trillion dollar industry.
Money that will of course roll downhill as 'campaign contributions' to the politicians who support legislation that mandates as well as provides blanket protection (indemnification) of all companies producing 'approved' Covid vaccine. 

Humanity is a captive audience.  The vaccines could kill as many as the virus itself in the long term but the reaction from those racking in the cash will be, "Ho hum, it's the price humanity must pay to be protected from the killer virus." 
If the vaccine is 'completely safe and effective' than those who make it should be liable for adverse results.  Because they are not, there is no incentive to actually produce a vaccine that is safe as well as effective because - "We need a vaccine now!"  And once will be produced in a jiffy and injected into every human on the planet.

What could go wrong? 

covid 20

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Vaccines have saved us from such as polio and small pox, but they were not rushed out in a bid to make megabucks.

Your point is taken, however, the early polio vaccine caused a lot of deaths.   The Cutter vaccine was a catastrophe.    There were other mistakes in getting a safe vaccine out.   In general, however, the prevailing attitude was that polio was so dangerous it was worth the risk.  

18 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Agreed, however I think these vaccines will not get through the FDA unless they meet the rigorous standards that the FDA has in place, sure they will allow them through the usual que's, waiting periods, but if they are not up to the standards, I am sure they will send them back to the labs, well at least hope so, pandemic or otherwise. As for other countries, well, who knows, we would hope the same applies.

Political pressure and loadsacash often change things.

15 hours ago, connda said:

I got sick virtually every year that I got a flu shot.  I stopped about 15 years ago.  Have not had the flu since that time.  Coincidence?  I don't believe so.

And for those who sing the praises of flu vaccines.  The efficacy of flu vaccine is low.  Between "40 to 60% effective1" for those stains that were targeted, and yearly flu vaccines are at best a guess at which stains will be prevalent in any given year.  A Covid vaccine when produced probably will not fare any better.  A Covid vaccine will not be a panacea, it will be a tool of repression and control for those who mandate it, and a marginally effective prophylaxis or simply an effective placebo for those who demand it.  And in-between that the vaccine will probably end up being "40 to 60%" effective against the exact strain of SARS-Cov-2 that is targeted. 
But we won't know until we know.  Let's say about 5 years worth of data.
Maybe it will be manna from heaven!  "Rejoice!"  I'll join the line.
Or perhaps those who take it begin to have serious health issues.  "Disclaim!" The vaccine makers and politicians will make excuses and wash their hands of the damage that is done in the name of irrational fear.

1Source: CDC

I hadn't had a cold or flu for years, then I had a bad cold, presumably because I'm getting old and body breaking down, so I had the flu shot and never noticed anything after. I guess everyone has a different reaction to vaccines.

Any vaccine does not have to be 100% effective- it only has to provide herd immunity.

Theoretically, it's meaningless to allow unrestricted travel only for those that had the vaccine ( when it comes available- if ever ) as it may not have worked. More relevant would be to require proof that one has immunity by a blood test. That way, those that had the disease and recovered would not need a vaccine that is potentially more dangerous than the disease. I never had a measles vaccine, but I'm immune to measles because I had the disease.

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Political pressure and loadsacash often change things.

So I keep hearing, however I believe we are in a real pandemic with the only ways out of it is to develop a vaccine, or let it run its course, the vaccine if successful will save many lives, without it, many will perish, maybe not as many as they originally said in the early stages, but if we let it run its course without trying to develop a vaccine, that would mean that we aren't really trying.

How much does one put on one's life, now if vaccines are going to work and quash this virus, then they can have as much money as they want, suffice to say, when one has a product, regardless, it's all about demand and supply, and this could be the holy grail for many so to speak, pharma's profiting is nothing new, it's up to government to control the price on the vaccine and obviously when there is billions of people requiring the vaccine, well that's billion x, nice place to be, as long as it works ????

• Like 1

On 8/2/2020 at 9:37 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I wouldn't trust any vaccine which Trump declares safe on the 2nd November.

Maybe sometime next year. It's definitely a good idea to wait a little. And in reality we have to wait anyhow. It will take some time before any vaccine will be mass produced for billions of people.

Biden just wants Vaccines and HCQ banned, until after the Elections

- for he will be guaranteed the golden platter, if he can keep the people scared, until then...

2 minutes ago, tifino said:

Biden just wants Vaccines and HCQ banned, until after the Elections

- for he will be guaranteed the golden platter, if he can keep the people scared, until then...

What is your source of information?

Let me guess: Trump? Or was is his son?

And is HCQ Hydroxychloroquine? Why would you mention that together in one sentence with vaccines? One is proven useless and the other does not exist yet.

• Like 1