Thailand must welcome back Chinese tourists now says leading tourism chief

webfact

13 hours ago, webfact said:

The pandemic has left the Chinese largely friendless around the world

I suppose the pandemic has resulted in China losing some friends around the world. Had they been more honest, forthright and transparent in reporting and containing the first cases in Wuhan, the world would be a very different place for all of us now. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, rabas said:

Not good.  Vietnam was much cleaner than Thailand until last week when they reported a large outbreak of 200 cases.

Where did you get 200?

Stadtler is sure, that it was on purpose due to the companies pulling out of China and moving their factories to Vietnam.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, bubba said:

I suppose the pandemic has resulted in China losing some friends around the world. Had they been more honest, forthright and transparent in reporting and containing the first cases in Wuhan, the world would be a very different place for all of us now. 

Do you ever wonder why Spain, Brazil and Italy have traces of Covid-19 in their March, November and December 2019 sewage samples? How come those countries didn't report that a novel coronavirus had appeared in their countries?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Selatan said:

I wondered who started this pandemic and kept quiet about it. Look at this July 2019 news:

Fake news.  The health official said this (large) facility has seen several outbreaks over the last 10 years, often noravirus or flu,  it's certainly nothing out of the ordinary, he said.

China, back to you.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Stadtler said:

Where did you get 200?

Stadtler is sure, that it was on purpose due to the companies pulling out of China and moving their factories to Vietnam.

In the Reuters article.

5 minutes ago, rabas said:

In the Reuters article.

Yes, Stadtler missed it:

HANOI (Reuters) - Vietnamese authorities said on Sunday they were finding it hard to track the origin of a fresh coronavirus outbreak that began in the central city of Danang and has infected around 200 people in recent weeks.

First I think Thailand should let in the people on O-A visas, who are long stay and not tourists.  O-A Retirees can pay for tests and quarantine and have close ties to people and loved ones in Thailand.  Some of us got stuck outside and are trying to get back.  Tourists can come later.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Will they be subject to $100,000 insurance policy's and Quarantine in the same way as all others ?   This Twit is more interested in saving his own job than saving the country !

The Myanmar or Lao labourers aren't subject to it neither.

That insurance only for the "filthy foreigners", is the white ppl.

Yes why not,don’t worry about the rest of the country that’s just getting back to some sort of normality. Like the street market vendor,the fresh fruit market sellers,the locals that cater to the locals. Let’s take the chance and hope we don’t have to shut all these places down and go back to a curfew like before. No planes flying,restricted movement between provinces. 
Sounds like someone might have a certain type of business that’s going broke. Don’t get me wrong,I am all for opening up the borders and allowing tourists back in,but if there’s a chance that it could put thailand into a Melbourne situation again,definitely not. This virus came from China and crippled Thailand and is tourists industry,has china offered any compensation to places like phuket,Pattaya. I bet not. 

16 hours ago, Surelynot said:

True. I live here, but I wouldn't be tempted to visit as a tourist..........Thailand has sold its soul to the devil.

Other way around for me. No way I'd willingly submit to the Imm. IMO barking regulations again, but I'd happily visit regularly on visa exempt, or Elite if I could afford it.

IMO many countries sold their souls long ago, so I don't get the choice of a country with a soul anyway. At least in LOS I could enjoy my life for a while. 

6 hours ago, rabas said:

Not good.  Vietnam was much cleaner than Thailand until last week when they reported a large outbreak of 200 cases on Denang. The health minister said it a much more infectious strain with R0 near 6.0 instead of the normal 1.8-2.2. They just removed 800,000 people in a effort to stop it.  It has spread to Hanoi. Local authorities suspect a large number of Chinese in Denang who recently entered the county illegally could be the source.

If it is a fast spreading strain, it could hit Thailand the same say.

Reuters: Vietnam says origin of Danang outbreak hard to track as virus cases rise

R0 of 6!!! Very serious : With 200 infections in Danang in 2 weeks then, 6^x=200. , x represents the number of generations or infection periods. Solving for x, (xlog6=log200) = 2.95. So in two weeks :14days/2.95 = 4.74 day generation/infection period.  If you calculate for 6 weeks. 42days/4.74days = 8.86 generations Then 6^8.86 would be the number of infections in 6 weeks. This is just from the pure math only. But it shows how serious R0 6 could be. 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Visarghhhh said:

First I think Thailand should let in the people on O-A visas, who are long stay and not tourists.  O-A Retirees can pay for tests and quarantine and have close ties to people and loved ones in Thailand.  Some of us got stuck outside and are trying to get back.  Tourists can come later.

They don't want older high risk people here at the moment. 

Also, there are long queues of people, including Thai nationals, waiting to get back in already. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Why should a "tourism guy" talk about other groups than tourists and tourism?

because Thai authority talk about all foreigner as "tourists".

What ever they do in the country, speak Thai or not, married with Thai family or not, Thailand lover or not, save child in Thailand in the cave or not (i remember there were no Chinese in the cave).

But we all know that Thai authority is very far now from Thai population.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Chivas said:

Why wouldnt they be ?? Not even Thailand would be stupid enough to blanket quarantine Euro nations USA Australia etc etc but say to the Chinese come on down

Seems you don't know this Govt very well.

21 hours ago, AndrewMciver said:

CHINA CHINA CHINA CHINA 

The countries obsession with China is horrendous. This economic disaster Thailand is facing is because of China. Yet there they begging them to give them more. 

China is responsible for the worlds misery yet governments all around the world punish their own citizens for their inadequate healthcare systems. And yes, it seems that they are always pressing lips firmly on rectum to extract the golden Chinese butt nuggets then blame everyone else. I'd say it's pretty much a 2face system.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Because they simply would not come if there are quarantine restrictions in place. Thailand seems to have little or no concerns over loosing its European tourists......so they will make an exception, somehow, for the Chinese.

But why, oh why are you selling your souls to the Chinese....Who, in power, is receiving what for this never ending love affair?

The ruling Thai class is same same Chinese in China. Key differences are superficial like language they speak and food they eat. Culture is same. 

8 hours ago, rabas said:

Not good.  Vietnam was much cleaner than Thailand until last week when they reported a large outbreak of 200 cases on Denang. The health minister said it a much more infectious strain with R0 near 6.0 instead of the normal 1.8-2.2. They just removed 800,000 people in a effort to stop it.  It has spread to Hanoi. Local authorities suspect a large number of Chinese in Denang who recently entered the county illegally could be the source.

If it is a fast spreading strain, it could hit Thailand the same say.

Reuters: Vietnam says origin of Danang outbreak hard to track as virus cases rise

It's a coordinated attack by China. We see how the Chinese military are also belligerent recently picking fights with so many countries. 

Eventually, when the bombs start dropping, people will realize the Chinese are actually at war with us.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, AndrewMciver said:

CHINA CHINA CHINA CHINA 

The countries obsession with China is horrendous. This economic disaster Thailand is facing is because of China. Yet there they begging them to give them more. 

As a certain President keeps telling us " its a CHINESE VIRUS" 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, madmitch said:

Totally disagree with you.

Foreign tourism is necessary to boost the economy. What's tthe point if most of the money is going elsewhere?

Madmitch is a perfect name for you, China and Thailand are awash with Covid, do you really believe that either of these Governments are open and honest?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1