British pound continues to do well against the baht - rise against dollar is the reason, says UK media

webfact

British pound continues to do well against the baht - rise against dollar is the reason, says UK media

7pm.jpg

File photo

British expatriates in Thailand are likely to have been encouraged recently by an improvement in the Baht/British pound exchange rate.

One site listed the rate as 40.7 baht to the pound. Super Rich stated that it was 40.6 today. 

The last six months' average was 39.8. The previous high was 41.2 in February and the low was 37.5 on March 19th. 

Sky News' Business Editor Ian King stated yesterday that the pound had enjoyed a sharp improvement against the dollar in recent weeks.

This appears to be the reason for the baht's movement against the Thai currency.  

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-08-04

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I have the same. One pension arrives mid august. I swear they know there are two of us now and it will drop at the payment time and jump again straight after.

????????

The US Dollar is virtually certain to make comeback at some point. Odds are the Pound will fall then.

• Like 2

i saw republicans & democrats are at it again 

conjuring up more welfare through quantitative easing schemes,

and with the other hand banning people from going to work/school/resturants,

the result can only ever be a falling dollar

Edited by scammed
  • Like 2

Not surprising with an election in the USA coming up which Sleepy Joe and the Radical Left are likely to win. Their policies will decimate an already disastrous USA economy. The UK seems to be recovering better even though the covid19 pandemic hit the UK hardest. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, smudger1951 said:

The Thai baht remains strong in spite of all it's problems because it has huge foreign exhange reserves apparently. Whereas UK has thrown everything at supporting the economy through this pandemic and will take years to balance the books. 

As we've seen recently the GBP THB price is largely determined by the GBP USD price, ie whether the USD falls or not.

It looks like the Thai economy is not as important as whether the USD falls or not.

6 hours ago, johng said:

I'm hoping for 70 - 90 baht to the pound soon ????

Hi me to  > But im afraid we will have to wish in one hand and <deleted> in the other and see which gets full first. lol.????

• Haha 2