British pound continues to do well against the baht - rise against dollar is the reason, says UK media

webfact

2 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Maybe it has to do with the increasing likelyhood of a "hard" Brexit, wherein the UK will be freed from the strictures of the EU and be able to chart their own independent path in trade and foreign policy at the end of this year.

No, it has nothing to do with that.

It is purely a USD effect because the Dollar has been falling. Nothing to do with Britain, Brexit, Union Jack, Cricket, Very Lynn, Empire or the Queen. Purely the US Dollar.

23 minutes ago, Logosone said:

No, it has nothing to do with that.

It is purely a USD effect because the Dollar has been falling. Nothing to do with Britain, Brexit, Union Jack, Cricket, Very Lynn, Empire or the Queen. Purely the US Dollar.

If you say so. I guess the mods can lock the topic then as we all know the reason now.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

For short periods of time during days trading over a couple of days!

Wow - bet all those who monitor it 24 hours a day and act fast on their transfers with their personal Forex accounts made a killing ????

Actually you can lock in a 24 hour rate on Transferwise (longer at weekend), so if the rate shoots up you can get a new guaranteed quote. Ordinarily I wouldn't bother monitoring it, but I had to bring in the visa extension seasoning money - I transferred it at around 41, which is 1% (8000 baht) more than right now. This has been a pleasant surprise - the pound climbed 8% in July (38.01 up to 41.11), and reached a 3 month high, and pretty close to a 15 month high. On the flip side, if the pound does climb further in August I'll be kicking myself. 

• Like 1