Thai banks - IBAN number

An overseas company is asking for an IBAN number in order transfer funds to my Thai bank

I didn't think Thai banks had IBAN numbers only SWIFT codes.  Is that correct?

This UK company is now asking for an original Thai bank statement which includes the SWIFT code printed on the statement for bank account verification?

Some months ago I sent this company an original Thai bank statement confirming my address in Thailand together with a covering letter stating:

Bank name

Bank address

Bank account holder's name

Bank account number

SWIFT/BIC code

Is this bank account verification a new thing for remittances to Thailand?  I don't think so.

The company probably just wants to ensure they get the correct bank acct info by getting the info off a "bank-generated" document vs relying on you typing the info into an email/fax or providing it over the phone (and the company wondering if you made any typo in your email/fax or relaying the info over the phone).  

15 minutes ago, Pib said:

The company probably just wants to ensure they get the correct bank acct info by getting the info off a "bank-generated" document vs relying on you typing the info into an email/fax or providing it over the phone (and the company wondering if you made any typo in your email/fax or relaying the info over the phone).  

Thanks Pib I understand what you are saying, although it just means another delay by requesting a further original bank statement and asking the bank to print the SWIFT code on the statement against the SWIFT code I already sent to the company.  Then of course to send the EMS letter to London - approx 2 months further delay.

Will the bank do this?  I will have to speak to the call center or even call into a branch.