Not 'Thigh-land': Thais amused at Trump's slip

snoop1130

12 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Slight miss pronunciation , quickly corrected , quite funny really , no doubt the Anti Trumpers will make a big issue out of it 

Closely followed by "Thailand and Vietnam two countries whose leaders I really like."  I want to know if he could name I either of them, (the leaders.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Niteowl45 said:

No dude, anti-trumpers, including myself, don't care about a minor mispronunciation (although funny)

we care about the fact that he's an incompetent crook who surrounded himself with incompetent crooks, a racist, a traitor, a fascist wannabe tyrant with no respect for the constitution, a hypocrite who constantly blamed Obama but in a time of crisis has now done a lot worse, and finally an all around scumbag that should be spending time in a jail instead of leading the US toward civil war and all around disaster

This thread is about the way he pronounced Thailand though

6 minutes ago, Niteowl45 said:

No dude, anti-trumpers, including myself, don't care about a minor mispronunciation (although funny)

we care about the fact that he's an incompetent crook who surrounded himself with incompetent crooks, a racist, a traitor, a fascist wannabe tyrant with no respect for the constitution, a hypocrite who constantly blamed Obama but in a time of crisis has now done a lot worse, and finally an all around scumbag that should be spending time in a jail instead of leading the US toward civil war and all around disaster

Man yOur a cunny funt!  Because I  think the Don is the best President ever I am having trouble accepting you seemingly irrational argument.  I think he is #1 with everything he has done. 

• Sad 3

11 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

Man yOur a cunny funt!  Because I  think the Don is the best President ever I am having trouble accepting you seemingly irrational argument.  I think he is #1 with everything he has done. 

Number one in destroying American democracy. 

Of course he still has loyalists but historians albeit prematurely are overwhelming already rating him the worst US president in history or at least among the worst. 

I reckon they're right and you're wrong. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/08/07/we-are-only-beginning-suffer-consequences-trumps-failures/

We are only beginning to suffer the consequences of Trump’s failures

“Elections have consequences.”

Republican leaders were enraged when President Barack Obama reminded them of this after his 2008 victory. But President Trump has given new and macabre meaning to the phrase. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

Is that sarcasm? Surely it is, right? he is declaring economic war with country that makes all your stuff. Despite what he thinks he cant buy it anywhere else like Thighland and Vietnam because the products made there are either Chinese or the components/ materials are. The Chinese are way smarter. I might not like everything they do but they are going to teach Trump a thing or two at the expense of the American economy. In short the man is a complete idiot and the Chinese are laughing.

Perhaps, as I have been saying to my Thai friends for the last 33 years, it's time for a wholesale revamp of Tie spelling of English which is nonsensical and causes an already demented US president and others who actually have a brain, to make mistakes like this

Tieland not Thailand 

Sukumvit, not Sukumvit (there is no "v" in Tie. 

Pooket no Phuket (no more fooket or <deleted>it) 

Suwannapoom, not Suvarnabhumi etc

Pattaya, not Phattaya, 

Forget the grammatical niceties, say it the way it is, phonetically. We should do the same with English too. 

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Number one in destroying American democracy. 

Of course he still has loyalists but historians albeit prematurely are overwhelming already rating him the worst US president in history or at least among the worst. 

I reckon they're right and you're wrong. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/08/07/we-are-only-beginning-suffer-consequences-trumps-failures/

He has gone toe to toe with China,,, thats like Forest Gump taking on Steven Hawking in a pub quiz.... I feel for the American people, they already have small town life disappearing, places like Detroit where you can buy a 4 bedroom detached house for a handful of jelly beans.. I dread to think what the country will look like in 10 years when Amazon cant fill their warehouses, malls are closed and Walmart cant get its shipments into the country.. I am a buyer by trade, over 20 years and I have a lot of project work coming up assisting companies with alternative sourcing due to the fear of Chinese trading. So, I suppose i should thank Donald really for creating an income for me... It will all be Chinese products from Thailand though,,,, ????

31 minutes ago, Niteowl45 said:

He has created more jobs than the last Leader ,a muslum who hates the American way of life , he is trying to bring back companies that left America for cheaper costs and backhanders . He wants to stop illegals from entering the country , he’s trying to uphold the laws in the USA and you don’t like that , if you don’t like it leave , you want the benefits of being American but want to destroy for others , we’d call you a jackass

• Sad 2

13 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Quite so. I know some farangs that can't even pronounce the island of Phuket properly. Usually ends up as Fooket or an even saltier version. 

I knew someone in Chiang Mai a few years ago that pronounced Phayao    Fayer , so Phuket was way off the map.

14 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Slight miss pronunciation , quickly corrected , quite funny really , no doubt the Anti Trumpers will make a big issue out of it 

Yep. Pretty much. The "Anti-Trumpers" as you put it will jump on anything he does no matter how small.

But to be honest this is 90% of politics everywhere. It's mostly just ppl bashing each other on stuff that doesn't matter at all and is unimportant.

Update: Ok. To be fair Western politics. Specifically American. I'm not familiar with Thai politics or others that I'm unfamiliar with but definitely in American politics mud slinging is 90% of what happens.

Edited by Game Program
clarity

15 minutes ago, Foghorn said:

He has created more jobs than the last Leader ,a muslum who hates the American way of life , he is trying to bring back companies that left America for cheaper costs and backhanders . He wants to stop illegals from entering the country , he’s trying to uphold the laws in the USA and you don’t like that , if you don’t like it leave , you want the benefits of being American but want to destroy for others , we’d call you a jackass

He's created more unemployment than any president in history. If he had handled the pandemic competently that damage could have been greatly reduced. 

4 minutes ago, Game Program said:

Yep. Pretty much. The "Anti-Trumpers" as you put it will jump on anything he does no matter how small.

But to be honest this is 90% of politics everywhere. It's mostly just ppl bashing each other on stuff that doesn't matter at all and is unimportant.

Update: Ok. To be fair Western politics. Specifically American. I'm not familiar with Thai politics or others that I'm unfamiliar with but definitely in American politics mud slinging is 90% of what happens.

There is nothing normal politics about this president. He thinks he's a king above the rule of law and has no regard for democracy at home or abroad.