Not 'Thigh-land': Thais amused at Trump's slip

snoop1130

39 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

Is that sarcasm? Surely it is, right? he is declaring economic war with country that makes all your stuff. Despite what he thinks he cant buy it anywhere else like Thighland and Vietnam because the products made there are either Chinese or the components/ materials are. The Chinese are way smarter. I might not like everything they do but they are going to teach Trump a thing or two at the expense of the American economy. In short the man is a complete idiot and the Chinese are laughing.

Is that stupidity or sarcasm? The Chinese taught the world a "thing or two" with Chinese Virus.  Yet, your comment seems passive about their lies and deceit that killed hundreds of thousands world wide.

The anti-Trumpers never disappoint.

Related image

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

There is nothing normal politics about this president. He thinks he's a king above the rule of law and has no regard for democracy at home or abroad. 

Really?? Please, tell us. Democrats wasted $35 Million and three years trying to prove it and failed.  Yet, here you are still believing the fiction.  So please, again, tell us what you know and why you did not share it during the investigation? 

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Slight miss pronunciation , quickly corrected , quite funny really , no doubt the Anti Trumpers will make a big issue out of it 

Yes of course, if it was his only slip but its not and wont be his last.  Its as bad a the plunderer Georger Bush Jun. saying "Niggeria" instead of Nigeria. 

It must be extremely embarrassing for Americans to have a complete imbecile as president.  I pity them but then again they did vote him which I assume makes them even more so.

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

In the next breath, Trump got it right, saying: “Thailand and Vietnam - two places that I like their leaders very much.”

I was a big fan of D Trump until i read this quote not about Vietnam but Thailand , maybe he should spend some time over here is opinion will change .

• Haha 1

“Thailand and Vietnam - two places that I like their leaders very much.”

One is a putsch general and the other one a Communist. Strange how he holds most of his democratically elected fellow leaders in contempt, on the other hand. What a muppet.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Slight miss pronunciation , quickly corrected , quite funny really , no doubt the Anti Trumpers will make a big issue out of it 

Yes, not bad for an Idiot, he quickly corrected????????????

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

"One online joker wrote that Thighland was located on a cartographic leg between “Kneepal” and “Ankola”. " ...  5555

Back in 1977/78, it was Thighland to me.  Then I got married ... ????

... yes, them was the days ... now it's more like 'Highland', subsequently residing in the Golden Triangle ... or is it the other way round ...? An egg-hen thing really ...

Now, where was I ...??

Trump being unable to read from the teleprompter is no longer big news, nor is the rush of his apologists to defend him and cast aspersions on his opponents, who were mostly just amused by still another demonstration of Presidential near illiteracy.

What "got" me was D'Souza defending it as correct pronunciation. In my years here I have never heard a Thai pronounce it as "Thighland".

I think most of even ardent Trump supporters can agree that D'Souza...is not a smart man.

Edited by Kwaibill
Spelling
  • Like 1

Trump being unable to read from the teleprompter is no longer big news, nor is the rush of his apologists to defend him and cast aspersions on his opponents, who were mostly just amused by still another demonstration of Presidential near illiteracy.

What "got" me was D'Souza defending it as correct pronunciation. In my years here I have never heard a Thai pronounce it as "Thighland".

I think most of even ardent Trump supporters can agree that D'Souza...is not a smart man.

Whilst what he said is funny, the real story is that Thailand should be wary they are on his mind at all. Particularly if they think they are going to help the Chinese escape US tariffs and sanctions. 

Look at what the US has done to China. Thailand will be smashed to bits that will take decades to recover from. They ought to be very careful. 

16 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

And the mad trumpets just laugh it off , Insanity Cult 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

https://imgur.com/u6eXbmW.jpg

Did not make Michelle happy 

Yingluck is lucky Big Mack didn’t cut her little But and taker her out right there. Not much of a fight I would guess since Big Mack has about 175 pounds on sweet little Yingluck! You got to admit Ying is cute. Wise she was back in charge now instead.

• Confused 1