Vaccine -- Will you take it or not?

Scott

Vaccine -- Will you take it or not?  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

The glaring flaw in this questionare is the assumption there WILL be a vaccine. This is not a given.

From the BBC world service last week, "They are 23 companies /Universities working on a vaccine worldwide "So in theory one should come up with a vaccine.

But the 10 thousand dollar question is when , would I have the vaccine, jury is still out.

4 hours ago, meechai said:

No...Have never taken any flu vaccines H1N1/SARS etc & do not see myself taking this one either

Not against it in any way & am glad it is there for those that want it

I am the same in regards that I've never taken a flu vaccine; although, the Coronavirus is not from the flu family.  It is more closely related to the common cold. We've built up some resistance to that over  our lifetime whereas Covid19 is a new virus.  The only real alteration I've made to my life since the outbreak was cancelling travel plans and wearing a mask in the shopping centers and stores. I finally got a haircut last week (last time in March) but that had more to do with my former shop's attitude.

I'll get one, if required, to travel, but for no other reason.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

They give Pandemrix vaccine against pig flue! And people get sleep apnea from that. Some after 2 and half years ! They use same adjuvant in covid vaccine than in Pandemrix whitch cause the sleep apnea!

(AS03) Adjuvant System 03.

Guillain Barrés syndrome was also possible to get from Pandemrix vaccine , what is even worse that sleep apnea.

I will take vaccine if  and when it's safe!

There were concerns raised in two countries (Sweden and Finland) about an increase in the incidence of narcolepsy (not sleep apnea) shortly after administration of the Pandemrix vaccine. However other countries reported an increase in narcolepsy cases before they started vaccinating, suggesting that it may have been the flu itself that caused the problem.

Fascinating article about it on the link below which basically says the jury is still out.

A stubborn medical mystery: Was pandemic flu vaccine tied to an increase in narcolepsy cases?

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I hope everybody who refuses a vaccine will get a red sign on their head: Stay away from me!

Sad, though with your attitude doubt that many people want to be anywhere near you. So those that have had it won't consider themselves protected unless everyone has injected aborted fetus into themselves, interesting perspective, you don't have a lot of faith in your personal dose of ????? do you ????

Consider also that we still have no vaccine against the SARS-Cov-1 virus and that epidemic was 18 years ago (and much more fatal than SARS- Cov-2). SARS-Cov-2 is the virus that causes the illness termed Covid 19, your living in la la land anyway :thumbsup:

• Sad 1

I'm high risk if I get infected so yes I want to take a vaccine. But this is not a normal situation. Yes there is a lot of rushing. There is vaccine nationalism. So expats here may not have quick and easy access to the best vaccine depending on where it comes from. Also almost definitely there is going to be a queue. Rich and famous people probably first. Then front line health workers. Then high risk. Etc. 

Personally I don't trust anything super quick like from Russia.

I would trust EU, UK, and even US based vaccines. There is political pressure to rush in the US but I still think there are good enough measures to stop an unsafe vaccine.

Not sure yet about vaccines from China or Thailand. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cmarshall said:

As long as I am in Thailand and as long as Thailand is essentially Covid-free, I would not be ready to take a new vaccine.  After a year or two when the long-term effectiveness and the side effects profile are better known I would be ready.  If Covid were to return in force to Thailand, that would change the risk/reward considerations, however.

I don't think you're thinking this through. The moment there is a vaccine that is widely accepted and available Thailand will surely open her borders. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

I will first get tested to see if I have had the virus already or not. I had similar symptoms in February so maybe already. If no then yes I will as I need to travel. 

Small fly in the ointment.......the immunity conferred by contracting the virus is significantly less than that conferred by an 'effective' vaccine.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

100 percent no ai farang will be allowed to stay in Thailand without it and you can forget about 500

baht to your Thai nurse, they will gleefully dob you in. International travel will be impossible without it.

So, yes I will take the "vaccine". What choice do I have but retreat to a shack in rural America for an early retirement spouting anti-vax conspiracy memes? Next get a transistor radio and a NRA 

magazine subscription..

Sounds like some of us will get it whether we like it or not.

If,if that is,we have tot take it to be allowed to stay in Thailand i will do so.

What if i refuse but international travel is not allowed without it,i am not even going to think about that,

yet.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tonray said:

Yes....but I want the forehead sticker that certifies me as a "Covid-Free-Farang" and gives me a 30% discount on Thai Airways flights

Nice point:

- Perhaps proof of vaccination will be required to make international flight booking, and

- Hopefully if one proves they have had an accepted/authorized vaccine the need to quarantine on arrival in Thailand (anywhere) will end. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1