Vaccine -- Will you take it or not?

Scott

Vaccine -- Will you take it or not?  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As the Covid-19 virus was never really an issue in Thailand, over 99% of people who do get infected survive, with the latest sthdies showing up to 97% of those infected are asymptomatic, and other new studies showing possible immune response to the Covid-19 virus from previous exposure to common cold corona viruses, and finally that any available vaccine has been rushed and most "first wave" vaccines have limited efficacy...for all these reasons I'll not rush out and get the vaccine if it should become available.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

10 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

You do understand that chimpanzees are a different species to humans, so what infects them is less likely to infect us, don't you?

This particular vaccine construct was chosen precisely because it can't cause an infection in humans - so far it has been used in clinical trials of vaccines for at least ten different diseases involving thousands of people over a period of around a decade and it has never been found to cause any serious side effects. Its safety record is firmly established.

The bats or whatever exotic animal the Chinese were munching on were a different species to humans,.......but the disease had little problem infecting humans.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I don't believe in vaccination.

Refused my first vaccination (TB) aged 13, only had one since then.

Been everywhere in the world, caught nothing worth worrying about.

Hardly ever catch flu, but oddly my vaccinated friends seem to often catch it.

But how about tropical disease, you refuse also vaccination?

That is not wise.

• Haha 1

the advantage is the same as with other vaccines when the so called important people and jobs get it first administered.

Makes them actually the real test cases. Same as we have seen with other prevention vaccines or medicines. 

When the common people get the vaccine administered this is in a stage that the safety and safety issues as well it will work is better known then it was during the period the lucky important people and roles got it administered.

So who is actually the lucky one?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

It should be about the easiest thing in the world to give bung the nurse to not give you the vaccine as was mentioned earlier, but should pay more than 500Bt whether the nurse is a ladyboy or not.

Possibly but I wouldn't bet on it..

"Bung" the nurse may be equally happy to do her patriotic duty and report you-thus ensuring that yet another "farang" enjoys the delights of a detention centre before winging their way homeward.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

The bats or whatever exotic animal the Chinese were munching on were a different species to humans,.......but the disease had little problem infecting humans.

There are 1,400 different species of bats. They make up around a fifth of all mammal species and are hosts to thousands of different viruses (they carry over 400 different types of coronavirus, for instance) so only a tiny, tiny percentage of viruses from bats ever cross over into humans. So I think the evidence actually shows that the vast, vast majority of bat viruses do have difficulty infecting humans.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

It's hard to tell at this point. Will there be horrific reports of adverse effects? Will a vaccination be required to travel? Etc. etc., many aspects to consider.

That said, I'm leaning towards yes, provided it's both safe and effective. So that's what I voted for. I won't be in a hurry until that will be known with a high degree of certainty.

5 hours ago, robblok said:

Indeed once proven I will take it. Countries will put barriers in place for those who wont take it as it will diminish the reflectivity (the non repsonders and those who cant take it for medical reasons) will be at the mercy of the anti vaxers. So i see a lot of countries especially Thailand and other autocratic countries making it mandatory for those who want to visit. 

I don't see that happening in my country though i wish they did. Too long have anti vaxers brought harm to others by not taking the vaccine. Especially in the bible belt many kids die because of the anti vax movement.

Too bad its not just them but also others that they hurt. (the two groups i talked bout). The higher the number of people vaccinated the more coverage there is for those who cant take it or who are non responders. Its purely selfish of people who can take it (after its proven safe) don't take it. Different from smoking oneself to death or drinking or doing drugs. This effects others.

But again only after its been tested and is safe. But I think with the eyes of the world on this they won't cut corners. Too many people would know too many people are watching. I mean there are many companies that make the vaccine now and they all want their stuff to work. So they will screen the competition too.   

No problem here. I don't expect 100% efficiency but if enough people take it transmission of Covid19 will be slowed. Those that are afraid just need to deal with their fears. 

1 hour ago, Xonax said:

I have tried the Flu vaccine twice and both times I got a month long lasting irritating cough. 

Yeah, but if you hadn't taken the vaccine the irritating cough would have been worse, don't you know? ????

Incredible that vaccine junkies actually believe stuff like that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

That's fine but if there are too many people like you then a vaccine won't help reach the goal of herd immunity. It's kind of like masks. It's a collective thing to help the greater society. 

:crazy:

????????????????

It’s sad and funny how brainwashed you are.

Funny because of obvious reasons.

Sad because you represent the masses and people like you will be the reason why people like me will be forced into vaccination.

I wish I could I create two parts on the earth, one part where people like you get 274774842 vaccines, and one part where people get none.

It would be an eye-opener for you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KohKood said:

Who decides what is a conspiracy video? You?

And even if, why a conspiracy video is bad? There are no conspiracies of powerful people to get even more power and influence, no?! 

I am so sick of you censoring people on here like in a <deleted> dictatorship of opinions. More sick than I could ever get from a virus that’s like the flu.

• Like 2

Not bothered reading all the comments and apologies if it's been mentioned but I believe that anybody who wants to do any travelling will need it whether they want it or not bit like some places won't let you in without yellow fever vaccination

For right or wrong I think this will become a prerequisite for international travel and a lot will depend on the paranoia of the country, fully expect LoS to be right up there   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

That's fine but if there are too many people like you then a vaccine won't help reach the goal of herd immunity. It's kind of like masks. It's a collective thing to help the greater society. 

If the vaccine is effective, you can take it and be safe.

No need to worry what anyone else is doing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

But fair is fair then they can at least choose what is important to not take a vaccin and gain entry into Thailand or to stand by their convictions and let the rest of us not selfish people get on with our lives and revive the economy. 

I'm already here thanks.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KohKood said:

Who decides what is a conspiracy video? You?

And even if, why a conspiracy video is bad? There are no conspiracies of powerful people to get even more power and influence, no?! 

I am so sick of you censoring people on here like in a <deleted> dictatorship of opinions. More sick than I could ever get from a virus that’s like the flu.

I would say...take a chill pill....but I bet you have a theory about those.

• Like 1

I've read that all the vaccines are likely to require two injections.

And as others have stated no vaccines are 100%, anything over 50 is considered effective.

I suspect much like the annual flu vaccines most of us get every year, we will need to get a corona virus annual dose too.

I'm in a risk group and I like to travel internationally, so I'll definitely be getting it IF and when it is available, but I won't be first in line, I think better to wait a few months and see what happens with the first ones. We will have more data as time goes by.

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'm already here thanks.

I thought i made your block list, seems not. Must try harder.

And of course it can't capture everyone your idea of bribing someone will work in Thailand. Still many won't be able to do that. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, coastguard said:

I've read that all the vaccines are likely to require two injections.

And as others have stated no vaccines are 100%, anything over 50 is considered effective.

I suspect much like the annual flu vaccines most of us get every year, we will need to get a corona virus annual dose too.

I'm in a risk group and I like to travel internationally, so I'll definitely be getting it IF and when it is available, but I won't be first in line, I think better to wait a few months and see what happens with the first ones. We will have more data as time goes by.

I am quite pro vaccination too but i don't think many want to be first in line. Though even now there are people already vaccinated with it as a test. So basically the ones taking it first commercially are not the first anyway. 

No one seems to be able to read about the DNA changing effects of this so called Vaccine.

So if you believe the Hype and take it, you are protected RIGHT, so it makes no difference

to you, if I take it or not.

BOTTOM LINE: Freedom to choose, and no punishment either way.

Otherwise you open the Pandora's Box of Tyranny.

If it is so great, why is there so much censorship ? 

Even on this "FREE and OPEN" forum.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Remember a conversation with one of my marines before going to Iraq wrt anthrax vaccination

Bootneck: I don't want to get the vaccination..

Me: Fine, but if we are exposed to it you will die and I will have to watch you do it without being able to do anything about it...

Bootneck: You having it doc?

Me: Yep..

Bootneck: Which arm or do you need me to drop my pants?

I will be first in line to get a vaccination 

13 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

I would say...take a chill pill....but I bet you have a theory about those.

LOL.

Sure I do.

My natural emotions are reactions of my healthy being.

If something making me happy, I am happy.

If something making me sad, I am sad.

If something fukkin me up, I’m fukked up.

But obviously people like you take pharma pills to suppress your natural being and your natural emotions.

I really hope the Covid-vaccine is deadly like the one for the spanish flu, this way just stupid people would be wiped out by the depopulation agenda of Bill Gates.

Ah yes, one question for all these people here shouting about conspiracies and tinfoil-hats:

Bill Gates mentioned several times that he thinks the world is overpopulated and the amount of people should be descreased drastically. Fact, you can see videos of him talking about this at TED and so on.

So IF this Coronavirus is really as dangerous and only the vaccine will keep the people from dying in masses, WHY a guy who wanna decrease world population should force the vaccine?!

It just makes no fukkin sense.