Boyfriend missing in laos

mimi

Hi, i am looking for input on what to do as well as feedback as to if anyone has seen my boyfriend. His name is Ken Erne, from Saskatchewan Canada but has been living in Vancouver/Calgary over the last couple of years. He is around 5'9", slim build,  thin longish brown hair usually in a pony tail, brown eyes, late 40's, studying to be a fitness trainer back home, girlfriend in Chiang Mai, quirky sense of humour and loves to talk poplitics. He arrived in Luang Prubang Sunday the 18th of May and was heading for Vang Vieng by bus on the 23rd of May (last friday) to go tubing or something down the river. I last heard from him on Thursday night (22nd). He said he was going to email me back that night, but I haven't heard from him since. Maybe there is no e-mail or phone in Vang Vieng? Does anyone who has been there know if this is the case? Has anyone heard of anything involving farangs happening in Luang Prubang or on the highway between the two places? Maybe someone has seen him or met him? Any suggestions? Thanks Mimi

I was in Vang Vieng in October of last year.  There is internet access there but it is not always the most reliable.  However, when I was there there was never a problem getting my messages sent with a little perseverance.  Whether the messages actually got to the people they were sent to is another question.

I hope things work out and you find him soon.