Tourism and Sports Ministry proposes opening islands to foreign tourists

webfact

2 minutes ago, Elkski said:

I am almost desperate enough to see the GF to do 14 days.  I assume she could join me in the quarantine?  But last place I would risk being sick and stranded is Koh phi phi

2 minutes ago, Elkski said:

I am almost desperate enough to see the GF to do 14 days.  I assume she could join me in the quarantine?  But last place I would risk being sick and stranded is Koh phi phi

I doubt very much the authorities would let anyone share a room who potentially could have Covid19.

It was just a thought if a partner was crazy enough to enter into 14 day quarantine there wouldn't be added risk.  Maybe extend the two me to 18 days.   I think meeting in a nearby  country is the no Brainer plan. 

On 8/11/2020 at 6:37 AM, webfact said:

Ms Wanthana Jaengprajak, Deputy Director General of the Department of Tourism and Sports, disclosed today that the Ministry of Tourism and Sports will propose to the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) the opening of five islands including Phuket island in Phuket, Phi Phi island in Krabi and Samui, Pha Ngan and Tao islands in Surat Thani because such areas could be easily regulated in terms of care, quarantine and monitoring of tourists in different areas to ensure the safety of both the community and the tourists themselves

We all witnessed how Phuket handled it first time around... complete fiasco....

as for the smaller islands they will become hotspots if even one person comes in infected.
And what about 14 quarantine on arrival, or just let anyone into the country, use public transport to get to the final destination.

Complete idiots.

9 hours ago, Elkski said:

Dont assume anything in Thailand

On 8/10/2020 at 8:24 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Enough to keep me laughing at there anecdotal attempts to keep earning there paychecks without being put out of work thenselves. Continually grasping at strEs with this same attempt at opening tourism. To many moving parts to make it work feasibly as they truly believe its a winner.  I guess the new rankings of showing them and a few other countries as having low or no Covid have gone to there heads and they are having delusions of grandeur.  $$$$ are all they see.

Lets do it TR!   Open up Ko Tao ---Let the Hunger Games Begin.......double price tixs for dirty falangs!!!!

Live stream it and might become more popular that thai soapies......TV that is.....soapies for dirty grandpas

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

as for the smaller islands they will become hotspots if even one person comes in infected.
And what about 14 quarantine on arrival, or just let anyone into the country, use public transport to get to the final destination.

Complete idiots.

Anyone tests positive gets a life vest and a mama cup--then told to walk into the sea...chok dee grandpa!

13 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

Anyone tests positive gets a life vest and a mama cup--then told to walk into the sea...chok dee grandpa!

You get this age by smart... not by being a kid who thinks they know it all.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

but now New Zealand is shutting Aukland, Oh what a SNAFU 

Three cases, right? The remarkable thing seems to be they were completely domestic, the virus has still been making rounds in NZ but nobody noticed. 

7 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Three cases, right? The remarkable thing seems to be they were completely domestic, the virus has still been making rounds in NZ but nobody noticed. 

Maybe they have not been doing widespread testing as in the US.  I am sure that if the US stopped testing and just tested those going to the hospital with symptoms the US numbers would drop drastically.  How many are just asymptomatic?.  My daughters ICU ward where she has been working is full everyday, and when they move one patient out into the Critical Care stepdown unit, they are replaced with another who has just ben intubated.

15 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Complete idiots.

227 cases 3 death.  Please explain the complete fiasco ? 

Phuket went in lockdown mid March.  Do you have an idea of how many tourists was free in Phuket during January , February and March while pandemy was already on in Cina and Co. ?