90 Day Report Sent In but Not Returned During Amnesty

Despite knowing there is no need to do the 90 day report until after Sept. 26th, I went ahead and sent in the TM47 Form with the required copies of my passport pages one week before my last 90 days was due. I sent it by EMS registered mail as always to Chaeng Wattana. It's been over 1 month now and they have not returned the approval form (the bottom of the TM47) to me in my self addressed stamped envelope. Any ideas of why they didn't return my Form? Perhaps they are waiting until the end of the amnesty period? The reason I sent in the Form was because recently I was late (by 1 day) on the 90 day report, just before the amnesty started. I had to make a trip to Chaeng Wattana and pay the 2,000 baht fine. I don't want to repeat that. So what do we do on Sept. 26th? All of us who need to file the TM47 all send in our Forms at once? Or try to use the online portal which sometimes work and sometimes doesn't? What is the focused advice of the esteemed experienced ThaiVisa moderators? 

If it arrived less than 7 days before your report date they may of not approved it.

Have you checked tracking to see if it was delivered and signed for?

You will have take proof you sent it and it was received when you go to immigration to get it sorted out. At this time you will have to to the temporary office at Muang Thong Thani.

Just now, NavaJauvana said:

But there is an amnesty ongoing until September. So even if it was received less than one week before the original date (July 15) the amnesty is in effect.

My question is what do I and what do all of us do when the amnesty is over?

First up, I agree that none of us need to go to immigration for the 90 day report since nothing has changed in the amnesty wording.

Having said that, I went to Muang Thong Thani yesterday. Very simple quick process. All I gave io was my completed TM47 and passport. My next report is 90 days from yesterday.

Pain of a trip but very quick efficient service.

• Like 1

Immigration have stated if you skipped reports prior to July 31st you should do them this month.

"(2) Aliens whose residency report is due on 26 March 2020 onwards and has not reported
within prescribed period, may report their residency in person or by assigning a person or via
registered mail or electronic means from 1 August 2020 to 31 August 2020;"

If you do not do them their will still be no fine for late reporting until after September 26th and if skipped during during the amnesty then there should be no fine if you do one within 90 days.

Do we use the same address as before for the 90 Day Report to Chaeng Wattana Immigration?

Or do we need to send it by EMS to a new address at Muang Thong Thani?

Perhaps that is why they did not return the TM47 to me last month, because I used the old Chaeng Wattana address?

This is confusing. 

In your situation - and I was almost in the same - I would report in person during August.

I've done two mail-ins during amnesty, both successful.

My most recent:

TM47/90-day
CW
mail-in: used Chaeng Watthana address
report date 5 August 2020
sent via EMS 20 July 2020, delivered 21 July 2020

returned via EMS (note that Thai Post, or Imm, replaced my original EMS, by sticking it on over the original, making it impossible to track).
Approved 5 August 2020 (my report date)
New report date 4 November 2020
All documents submitted were returned, except the original TM47 of course, and my previous report receipt.
Posted 11 August 2020 ~ 13:35, received 12 August 2020, ~ 11:30.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, NavaJauvana said:

Perhaps that is why they did not return the TM47 to me last month, because I used the old Chaeng Wattana address?

The receipt probably got lost in the mail. That happens sometimes.

Is there a way to check my current status i.e. the date of my last approval or the date my next 90 day report is due?

Is there a website or some other way other than driving 30 km to Chaengwattana (or Muang Thong Thani) to confirm this?

Also, does anyone know the address or GPS of the temporary Muang Thong Thani office?

6 minutes ago, NavaJauvana said:

Is there a way to check my current status i.e. the date of my last approval or the date my next 90 day report is due?

Is there a website

Not as far as I could determine. Mail-ins/in-person reports do not show in the web or mobile apps.

QR Code for GMaps here: works

https://www.immigration.go.th/?avada_portfolio=ประกาศการรายงานตัว-90-วัน&portfolioCats=31

pin: https://goo.gl/maps/y5GzMeckGh8SMxrU8

Edited by mtls2005

I had exactly the same experience like the OP NavaJauvana in Hat Yai. I did it because the following 90 days report would have been due in November, way past the September deadline. The  90 days report, which I did roughly 3 months ago worked perfectly. The paper came in that self-addressed stamped envelope within 10 days.