'PM keeping a close watch on brewing political tensions, will open forum for youth to air views'

rooster59

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Quite a large protest currently at "democracy" Monument/Ratchadamnoen.

Suspect this latest gyration towards democarcy will end like the last 20 or so. Maybe no chairs or rope though?

Sorry, but I can not believe how unimportant a lot of the posts are on here while Thais are taking risks today to do things which matter a great deal.  Why isn't this the number one story?  Thai visa complains about citizen's apathy, and ignore them when they try to make a change.  Probably 10 to 15,000 people there, not all students.

aug 16.jpg

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, greeneking said:

Sorry, but I can not believe how unimportant a lot of the posts are on here while Thais are taking risks today to do things which matter a great deal.  Why isn't this the number one story?  Thai visa complains about citizen's apathy, and ignore them when they try to make a change.  Probably 10 to 15,000 people there, not all students.

aug 16.jpg

What is their message? 

On 8/16/2020 at 8:50 AM, colinneil said:

Steven , how can you honestly claim within appropriate guide lines?

Your pal does not understand the meaning appropriate guide lines.

That's just Steven, hung over from Saturday night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/16/2020 at 8:26 AM, Orton Rd said:

There is freedom of speech, but not necessarily freedom after speech. Expect a few more arrests in the coming days. ????

Very true.  The BP interviewed a number of witnesses at the demonstration yesterday; all declined to give their names (for fear of reprisals?)

I think the youth views are pretty clear. I also doubt that they are naive enough to see this tactic for any more than it is. These young people want to create a Thailand that is better than the one they live in today. I wish them all the best.

• Like 1