Residence certificate Jomtien.

I have to renew my 5 year driving licences on 17 august ( tomorrow). The DLT office I make is near the Regent school in Banglamung. What is the latest procedure? Do I need to make an appointment first at the DLT or get a residence certificate at immigration first? What documents are needed for both offices?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

2 minutes ago, rutteketuut said:

Thanks Kerryd, I found all the information I need on the thread.

Now about documents for DLT:

Passport and 1 copy of photo page, 1 copy of extension of stay stamp page.

Old driving licences and copy front and back.

Certificate of residence from immigration, original for car and copy for motorcycle.

Is that correct?

Thanks.

• Like 1

The person who provides Thai driving license assistance for members of the Pattaya City Expats Club visited the Banglamung (Pattaya) Land Transport Office to obtain information on their current process for foreigners wishing to renew their Thai Driving Licenses, which involves two visits.

Make an initial visit to provide documents (they retain) and get an appointment for a future date which will be at either 10am or 2pm.  He advises arriving early and be sure you are in queue for foreigners as it is separate from the one for Thais.  They will let in only a certain number of applicants each day and any remaining in the queue will be told to return the next day. The return appointment can be several weeks in the future as they limit the number of licenses issued to foreigners to 20 per day.

On the return visit, provide your appointment ticket, take any required tests (e.g., eye test, etc.), view video, and then receive your license(s).

Edited by soisanuk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1