Murdered British backpacker’s parents ‘GRATEFUL’ killers’ death sentences reduced to life in jail

webfact

5 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:
6 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

I read the story and there were just as many guesses and imaginings as facts. 

How do you know that "he was being completely honest" and what makes you think that "he didn't try to make things up"?  Do you know him?

"You should judge the whole article in its completeness , not judge the whole article on a few sentences".

I did, perhaps you should also.

The Burmese two were at a party all night with his girlfriend .

That was one important fact  

Well, he said it was a fact but, unless you know him, you have no way of knowing whether it's true or not.  You're believing the anonymous person, that doesn't make it fact.  His Reddit story is all anecdotal in the absence of evidence.

2 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

Well, he said it was a fact but, unless you know him, you have no way of knowing whether it's true or not.  You're believing the anonymous person, that doesn't make it fact.  His Reddit story is all anecdotal in the absence of evidence.

Do you have any business dealings on Kao Tao and do you have any affiliation with the murderers, have you ever met the murderers ?

8 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Who are these people that are aware of went on that were there at the time ?

Whom are the people that you are referring to ?

The people that Darren Powell was referring to in his post that I was responding to!                                   

10 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:
12 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

"...formed out opinions from various news sources".

So, from hearsay, not from evidence, then!  

From reported facts 

No, from reports.   Reports aren't necessarily facts!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, transam said:
10 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

"The facts had been posted very clearly...".

The facts?  How do you know that they were facts?  Those "facts" just internet opinions.  Just because members here discuss things doesn't make them fact, does it?

You haven't got a TV then, you don't read the news on the Internet, you don't read TVF news topics to chat about......

"You haven't got a TV then, you don't read the news on the Internet, you don't read TVF news topics..."

I haven't stated one way or the other which is opinion is correct (I've just called into question some comments) but none of that, TV, internet or forums, makes subjective reports factual!

5 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

"You haven't got a TV then, you don't read the news on the Internet, you don't read TVF news topics..."

I haven't stated one way or the other which is opinion is correct (I've just called into question some comments) but none of that, TV, internet or forums, makes subjective reports factual!

Riiiiiiight....So you didn't follow the case at the time.....?

7 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:
13 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

No, why?

Most of the murderers defenders seem to be reliant on tourists visiting Kao Tao 

I've made come comments about posts here on Thaivisa, I haven't defended anyone.  

Which murderers are you referring to, the alleged one(s) on Koh Tao or the convicted murderers in prison?

Edited by Hi Tea

2 hours ago, Hi Tea said:

"...unlikely a Thai could not do this..." ?

The likelihood of him having said that is very remote.  You've overdone the negatives.

Boy you are sure out of the gates signing up and posting to everyone's comments. 

As it could not be taken any other way as from what I wrote even if I wrote it with another negative by mistake.

Corrected: "is on record saying it was unlikely a Thai could not do this type of grizzly murder.

That better now?:

2 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

As it could not be taken any other way as from what I wrote even if I wrote it with another negative by mistake.

It could be taken another way!  What you posted was exactly opposite to what the PM had said, and to what you meant, that's not my fault.  If you had written it with another negative it would then have said what you meant, in a very convoluted way!

7 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

They didnt do it though, thought everyone knew that

Sigh  you obviously  a vicitm of fake news.

The case wasn't miss handled it was made to look like that from fake news

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I still don't believe they were guilty beyond all doubt.

Poster Crash999 is also wrong with this statement:

- Unlike other Burmese the two fled. One changed his appearance. This was before they were suspected of the murder. 

The "Two" did not flee.  Zaw Lin was arrested at his place of accommodation 2 weeks after the murders.  Wai Phyo was apprehended as he was leaving the island, again 2 weeks after the murders.  Neither had changed their appearance.  Yes, there was talk that Wai Phyo had died his hair blond but at the time of the murders, when he was seen on CCTV in a shop and on the back of a motorbike, and until his arrest 2 weeks later, his hair was its natural colour, i.e. black.

4 hours ago, maxcorrigan said:

The girls parents did not believe the Burmese were the killers Hanna's (sp.) sister came out to Thailand and to Kho Tao to try and find out more she was first offered money to forget it which she refused then warned to keep her mouth shut and leave Thailand with the kind words to tell her parents to make another daughter!

Only partly true.  Hannah's entire family came to Thailand after the murders and attended the start of the trial in Koh Samui.  They did not visit Koh Tao (although the Millers did).  They were abused by the Thai authorities with insensitive comments and allegedly offered blood money (which they refused) whilst in Thailand and Hannah's sister, Laura, later wrote about it when back in the U.K.  Laura's comments were widely reported in the U.K. press and consequently she was threatened by the chief of the RTP with being prosecuted under the Computer Crimes Act!  Laura sadly died last year but right up until her passing, she doubted the two Burmese were guilty.