PM Says He Did Not Order Student Activist Arrest

webfact

He should simply ban public gatherings of more than three people a threat to public health, due to Covid-19.

If Thailand allows this astroturf movement to get out of control they will have a war on their hands. They have to deal with the fallout from the shutdown. There is no time for nonsense.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1

Yes the Democratic process. To ban any opposition and deregister. isn't it strange that that sick man reporting to investigate political rivals had gone now. Democratic process doesn't exist. The students want one to and rewrite charter excluding army..Army belong in barracks on salary answering to a democracy and non army leader.

Edited by tomauasia
  • Like 1

On 8/17/2020 at 4:12 PM, mike787 said:

Really?  Ok? He says he did not order it.  Then he is correct. Life goes on in LOS.  Enjoy your stay everyone.  Focus on your lovely Thai wife, be happy, and move on...

Why not? Not my country, God, if I wanted to start on the social justice warrior kick I could go home, plenty of stuff there to get my teeth into. Thailand for the Thais as they say, and it's up to them to solve their own problems. The less foreign interference the better I say.

• Thanks 1

I very much doubt that he had ANYTHING to do with it. Thai's are never responsible...

When I asked my son's school why the school busses were constantly overloaded in the mornings (one reason he never gets to go in the vans) they simply said they'll talk to the contracters about it - they aren't the school's responsibility.

Standard Thai responsibility architecture - and they can never be held responsible for people working underneath them. The higher up the chain you go, the cleaner you get.

Someone I know back in LOS has mentioned to me that there has been a situation based around some of the protesters. Something along the lines of them having accepted money from a foreign embassy (I think US) to do what they have done. This sounds ridiculous and I cannot find any source on it, but apparently it has been spread around Thai news media online. If it is true that these people claimed to have accepted money from such a source, then I am automatically suspicious of their claims and who they are. Anybody have any evidence for this? 

Edited by Mung
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/18/2020 at 8:01 PM, Aussie Col said:

What is happening in Thailand is being shown all the world.

Not a good look for the unelected Junta

you really think anyone outside Thailand gives a hoot    !    Thankfully they couldn't care less what Thailand does ...   

• Sad 4

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/19/thailand-issues-warrants-for-activists-who-called-for-reform-of-monarchy

"Thai police have arrested five activists involved in recent pro-democracy demonstrations over the past 24 hours, including lawyer Anon Nampa, who has been charged over a protest at which he called for reform of the monarchy."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

you really think anyone outside Thailand gives a hoot    !    Thankfully they couldn't care less what Thailand does ...   

See post #47 below yours by Anchadian about making world news.

I typed "Thai police have arrested nine people in a sweep targeting activists involved in recent anti-government protests." 

http://www.daijiworld.com/news/newsDisplay.aspx?newsID=742827

About 1,850,000 results (0.72 seconds) 

I think that you may be wrong about nobody caring.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Saint Nick said:

You are the PM!

The buck stops with you!

It would be so easy for the PM to call in the national police chief and tell him to immediately stop the arrests and scrap the existing ones. He might even get some brownie points if he did.