Sharon Stone blames mask refuseniks as sister is hospitalised with Covid

snoop1130

Sharon Stone blames mask refuseniks as sister is hospitalised with Covid

By Catherine Shoard

3078.jpg

Sharon Stone at an event in February. Photograph: Stewart Cook/Rex/Shutterstock

Sharon Stone has condemned “non-mask wearers” for the fate of her younger sister, who is hospitalised with coronavirus and “fighting for her life”.

The actor, 62, shared photographs on Instagram of the equipment in her sister’s room, as well as a medical worker in full PPE. She wrote in the caption: “My sister Kelly, who already has lupus, now has Covid-19. This is her hospital room. One of the Non-Mask wearers did this,” Stone wrote.

“She does not have an immune system. The only place she went was the pharmacy.”

Full Story: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/aug/17/sharon-stone-blames-mask-refuseniks-sister-covid-hospital

9 minutes ago, bkk_mike said:

Masks don't protect the person wearing them - unless they're proper medical grade masks like nurses and doctors wear in infectious disease wards.

Any mask, however, helps reduce the spread of the virus from the person wearing the mask to others.

This is rather important with a disease where people can be asymptomatic and be passing the disease to others without knowing they have it.

I do wish people stopped expecting everyone else to do their own job. If one is scared of getting it, WEAR THE CORRECT PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT. Pretty simple I think. The proper equipment is available, so man up and protect yourself.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“My sister Kelly, who already has lupus, now has Covid-19. This is her hospital room. One of the Non-Mask wearers did this,” Stone wrote.

“She does not have an immune system. The only place she went was the pharmacy.”

No, Ms Stone, the person that gave it to her was herself for going out in public with no immune system.

While I have come out against mandatory mask wearing, I have always said the "AT RISK" should be isolated. Isolated does not include going to the pharmacy.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

You're joking of course.

No , I think she looks quite good for someone in their 60s.---she certainly has the money for the best treatment, & doesn't spend her life working in the fields all day

But you might prefer a more Asian look for a pensioner

Close Up Face Of Old Asian Woman With Wrinkles Elderly Senior ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Of course it's easier to blame everyone else for one's own bad decisions.

No woman should ever be held accountable for any actions she takes, no matter how foolish, harmful or self-destructive.

It's always someone else's fault (usually a mans).

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Uh, oh, oh my, Looks like Team Pat-is-Stan got triggered.  :biggrin:

54 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Of course it's easier to blame everyone else for one's own bad decisions.

For one who has made a career of doing exactly that, pretty rich to diss Ms Stone at this point. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

While I have come out against mandatory mask wearing, I have always said the "AT RISK" should be isolated. Isolated does not include going to the pharmacy.

As bkk_mike pointed out in post #8

This is rather important with a disease where people can be asymptomatic and be passing the disease to others without knowing they have it.

Wearing of masks should be made mandatory everywhere for the simple fact that standing next to someone who is asymptomatic could expose you to the disease, the wearing of proper masks, e.g. N95 reduces the risk if you happen to be next to an asymptomatic person.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I'll bow to your greater knowledge of sex with 60+ women.

...... and I'll stick to women in their early 30's.

No one mentioned sex, he just said she looks good for 62.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Matzzon said:

But, how did the sister get Covid? Was she wearing a mask? If so, it must be proof of that they are worthless.

But, how did the sister die in the car accident? Was she wearing a seatbelt? If so, it must be proof that they are worthless.

1 hour ago, ncc1701d said:

So you're saying people shouldn't wear seatbelts because in some accidents people still die even though they are wearing seatbelts? okay...

Yes, It´s much better to know how to drive, but I can clearly hear you learned the Thai way.

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, Matzzon said:

But, how did the sister get Covid? Was she wearing a mask? If so, it must be proof of that they are worthless.

Wearing a mask reduces the amount of virus spread by the wearer, even if by only

10% it is something and it may be more.

If someone who is positive for covid is not wearing a mask, then they are expelling

the virus without any kind of resistance anywhere they go.

The virus can settle on surfaces and remain active for some time. Hand hygiene, along

with wearing a mask can certainly help in the prevention of catching, or spreading the virus.

I didn't think that 5+ months into this pandemic, that basic preventative measures would

still need explaining.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, shy coconut said:

I didn't think that 5+ months into this pandemic, that basic preventative measures would

still need explaining.

It´s ok, you are forgiven. Just stay shy and something most people in Thailand make candy or soup of.

Look close to home Sharon Stone. It takes several minutes to be exposed to Covid-19 to catch it from somebody. Where was the sister hanging about for ten minutes within 6 feet of a person not wearing a mask?  I would hesitate to say Sharon Stone is full of <deleted> but I Don't want to stand within six feet of her.

On 8/18/2020 at 1:22 PM, BritManToo said:

No woman should ever be held accountable for any actions she takes, no matter how foolish, harmful or self-destructive.

It's always someone else's fault (usually a mans).

The ones that get me are the men that are apologists for women.

I was once told by an idiot "apologist for women" man that "ALL women are beautiful"! I take a while to think up a riposte, so I didn't reply that he was "right, just as all men are handsome". Frankly, I was somewhat gobsmacked at the time.

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The ones that get me are the men that are apologists for women.

I was once told by an idiot "apologist for women" man that "ALL women are beautiful"! I take a while to think up a riposte, so I didn't reply that he was "right, just as all men are handsome". Frankly, I was somewhat gobsmacked at the time.

You need to learn what beautiful is, its not the same as handsome.

On 8/18/2020 at 9:06 AM, 4MyEgo said:

Wearing of masks should be made mandatory everywhere for the simple fact that standing next to someone who is asymptomatic could expose you to the disease, the wearing of proper masks, e.g. N95 reduces the risk if you happen to be next to an asymptomatic person.

If you don't want to catch a disease the best place to be is at home alone.

There will be nobody standing next to you, so you won't catch anything.

How entitled can you get? ......... I want to go out so everyone else in the world should wear a mask.

Stay at home!

14 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If you don't want to catch a disease the best place to be is at home alone.

There will be nobody standing next to you, so you won't catch anything.

How entitled can you get? ......... I want to go out so everyone else in the world should wear a mask.

Stay at home!

Little difficult to do when you have a family of 6 ans have to drop kids to and pick them up from school.

Staying home would be like going back to the lockdowns, no thanks.