Aussie PM says vaccine be mandatory.

Yinn

7 minutes ago, Tounge Thaied said:

Have done ANY research into this new genetically modified process that is being used? Sensible... I don't think so... it is completely untested new technology that changes your DNA. 

Proof of those claims please supply

• Like 2

On 8/19/2020 at 3:31 PM, tribalfusion001 said:

That's why they are locked in, mandatory covid-19 jabs, you won't be able to leave without being vaccinated. Fauci has said no mandatory vaccine in the USA.

Flu vaccines are not mandatory, so why make covid-19 vaccine mandatory. Six times more people are dying from flu and pneumonia in the UK than covid-19 now. This will come down to freedom of choice and I expect a backlash in countries trying to force people to comply.

Exactly!  I am not going to have any drug I choose not to have.  I have never had a flu shot and probably never will.  As for that Rsole Morrison I am pretty sure he will be getting plenty of love from the pharmaceutical industry...who would be having multiple orgasms if they made the drug compulsory.  As it is they will make trillions worldwide.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, steven100 said:

maybe not mandatory, but if you don't get a jab ....    and rightly so,  why should others be put at risk just because of irresponsible 'can't tell me' individuals.

image.png.ef067f3ac56407e93fb0751f8bfdb2b9.png

Those that get the vaccine will be protected. If your worried about Covid-19 get the vaccine then you will be protected but don't force me to get the vaccine if I'm not willing.Others won't be put at risk because they have taken the vaccine that's the whole idea of a vaccine,you take it so that you won't be at risk.Got it?

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Seen lots of interviews on worldwide news channels with people laying in hospital beds saying they wish they would have worn a mask and social distanced.

So, the "I have rights I will not take the vaccine" crowd good luck.  That is your right but I bet you will be very limited in your movements, travel, etc. without some proof of vaccination.   So, hope you or one of your loved ones are not seen on TV one day saying "I wish I would have taken the vaccine" as they shove a ventilator down your throat..

If your worried about C-19 take the vaccine,if anyone is worried they can take the vaccine and they will be protected from anybody with the virus there's no need to make it compulsory.

18 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

If your worried about C-19 take the vaccine,if anyone is worried they can take the vaccine and they will be protected from anybody with the virus there's no need to make it compulsory.

It will not be, this cannot happen in Australia, so why are people still debating the point.

Restriction for those unvaccinated with a "proven safe vaccine" may occur, but compulsory health treatment does not happen unless under a court order for those incapable of decision making, or under very specific court sanctioned restraint of those with transmissible infections deemed to be a danger to community.

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Like 1

Melbourne lockdown is proving to be effective. Within a relatively short time daily new infections reduced from approx 700+, today announced down to 179 new cases, daily deaths have now peaked and reducing, today's number is nine.

Just now, RJRS1301 said:

It will not be, this cannot happen in Australia, so why are people still debating the point.

Restriction for those unvaccinated with a "proven safe vaccine" may occur, but compulsory health treatment does not happen unless under a court order for incapable of decision making, or under very specific court sanctioned restraint of those with transmissible infections deemed to be a danger to community.

I agree that i probably won't be mandatory but I saw somewhere on the ABC that the government can actually legally force people to be vaccinated unlike many other countries.My point is there absolutely no need to make it mandatory or even to "encourage" people by various and I might add dubious means,as those that are worried should take the vaccine and they will be protected and those that aren't worried can choose not to take it.Even to today with all our medical advancements it seems that the health system is pretty powerless to stop C-19 once it's in the body and know one really seems to know for sure if people's lives are being saved or not.

6 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Melbourne lockdown is proving to be effective. Within a relatively short time daily new infections reduced from approx 700+, today announced down to 179 new cases, daily deaths have now peaked and reducing, today's number is nine.

Effective as in stopping it in it's tracks until the next time they try to open up again then the virus comes back and the you go through all this lockdown business again until the economy is completely dead or until they have a vaccine which might be another year or maybe never.It seems like a pretty big gamble to take betting there'll be a vaccine before humanity collapses in on itself.

7 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Effective as in stopping it in it's tracks until the next time they try to open up again then the virus comes back and the you go through all this lockdown business again until the economy is completely dead or until they have a vaccine which might be another year or maybe never.It seems like a pretty big gamble to take betting there'll be a vaccine before humanity collapses in on itself.

So long as the public comply and sufficient resources for regulating, lesson learnt should be effective for ongoing mitigation

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, simple1 said:

So long as the public comply and sufficient resources for regulating, lesson learnt should be effective for ongoing mitigation

For how long are you prepared to lock down most of the population of Melbourne?One year?Two years?Five years?The virus has gone through the aged care facilities and is killing those that the lockdowns were trying to protect so the lockdown didn't work.

• Like 1

Just now, FarFlungFalang said:

For how long are you prepared to lock down most of the population of Melbourne?One year?Two years?Five years?The virus has gone through the aged care facilities and is killing those that the lockdowns were trying to protect so the lockdown didn't work.

Ain't me it's State government, with influence from federal. But you're hypothesising so waste of time to reply. Part of the lockdown process is to address prior errors made with Aged Care policy / facilities.

2 hours ago, simple1 said:

I agree.

Referring to your previous post what the PM should have said in the original radio interview was something like this..

"With the co-operation of the various Federal and State health authorities and the support of the Australian population we are aiming for widespread compliance with a vaccine when it becomes available and something in the order of 90-95% would be an excellent result."

4 hours ago, simple1 said:

Ain't me it's State government, with influence from federal. But you're hypothesising so waste of time to reply. Part of the lockdown process is to address prior errors made with Aged Care policy / facilities.

Are you saying that the virus went through the aged care facilities and many of the residents died is a hypothesis?Or that the lock down didn't really save those that died in those facilities is a hypothesis?I don't think it's a waste of time replying as your right that errors were made in the aged care facilities,namely expending to much time and energy on locking down the general population rather than focusing on those facilities.I also notice you evaded the how long would think the lock down method should be enforced before giving it up as a dumb idea.How many waves are we going to put up with before we drown in our own stupidity?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Are you saying that the virus went through the aged care facilities and many of the residents died is a hypothesis?Or that the lock down didn't really save those that died in those facilities is a hypothesis?I don't think it's a waste of time replying as your right that errors were made in the aged care facilities,namely expending to much time and energy on locking down the general population rather than focusing on those facilities.I also notice you evaded the how long would think the lock down method should be enforced before giving it up as a dumb idea.How many waves are we going to put up with before we drown in our own stupidity?

I was referring to you questions on timelines. So far in VIC lockdown this time around hasn't been a 'dumb idea' is working effectively. i'm sure you're happy to make conjectures on your own questions - so why not play games with yourself.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 8/20/2020 at 11:59 AM, bkk6060 said:

Seen lots of interviews on worldwide news channels with people laying in hospital beds saying they wish they would have worn a mask and social distanced.

So, the "I have rights I will not take the vaccine" crowd good luck.  That is your right but I bet you will be very limited in your movements, travel, etc. without some proof of vaccination.   So, hope you or one of your loved ones are not seen on TV one day saying "I wish I would have taken the vaccine" as they shove a ventilator down your throat..

They'll never shove a tube ( be difficult to shove a large machine ) down my throat to save my life as I have long standing DNR and do not ventilate order in the event I can't speak.

Unlike some, I do not consider life to be so precious that I want to live as a completely dependent person.

On 8/21/2020 at 5:37 PM, simple1 said:

I was referring to you questions on timelines. So far in VIC lockdown this time around hasn't been a 'dumb idea' is working effectively. i'm sure you're happy to make conjectures on your own questions - so why not play games with yourself.

Lockdowns only work till the virus gets introduced again. How many lockdowns can any society survive?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Lockdowns only work till the virus gets introduced again. How many lockdowns can any society survive?

Its crazy that to some people, the only metric that matters are cases and deaths and nothing else. Ruined economy? No problem. Rising crime? No problem. Losing freedom? BUT BUT covid. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The last round of lockdowns in VIC were due to mismanagement of quarantine procedures and people ignoring mitigation requirements. Hopefully both government and the public have learnt the necessary lessons, as well as the ignorant proponents of conspiracy theories and their stupid supporters. 

• Like 2