90 day reporting

1 hour ago, orientfan said:

If doing a 90 day report by post (I cannot do on-line) we still use the CW address?

Yes.

I'd try to get it there at least 15 days before the report date. Fewer may still result in approval, but with a note to do better next time. Probably anything on or past the report date would be returned unapproved.

My recent CW/mail-in experience:

TM47/90-day
CW
mail-in
report date 5 August 2020
sent via EMS 20 July 2020, delivered 21 July 2020

returned via EMS (note that Thai Post, or Imm, replaced my original EMS, by sticking it on over the original, making it impossible to track).
Approved 5 August 2020 (my report date)
New report date 4 November 2020
All documents submitted were returned, except the oringal TM47 of course.
Posted 11 August 2020 ~ 13:35, received 12 August 2020, ~ 11:30.

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1666

Notification by registered mail
1. Photocopy of passport pages with following pages
– front page showing name / surname / Passport No., ect.
– current visa
– last entry stamp of immigration
– last extension of visa
2. Photocopy of departure card TM.6 click to view Example TM.6 card
3. Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any) click to view Example document
4. Completely filled in and signed notification form TM.47 click to view Example document (Don’t forget to sign name.)
5. Envelope with 10 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.
6. The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.
Send the mail before the renewal date 15 days to
90 DAYS REGISTRATION,
IMMIGRATION DIVISION 1
Chalermprakiat Government Complex
120 MOO 3, CHAENGWATTANA ROAD,SOI 7,
LAKSI, BANGKOK. 10210

Notice :
– Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.
– Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old receipt.
– Please keep your receipt of your registered mail in case of lost mail.
– Your document can not be processed if you have passed the 90 days limit. ( You must come to the nearest immigration office or Immigration Division 1 in person to pay fine 2,000 Baht)
– Waiting for reply mail over 1 month, please contact Immigration Office with your registered mail receipt.

Note
– The notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days is in no way equivalent to a visa extension.
– If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.- Baht.
– If a foreigner leaves the country and re-enters, the day count starts at 1 in every case.

Edited by mtls2005

" I figured out a trick last week. "

I didn't mean that as a tease. It's just not something useful for most people.

When online reporting came along and eventually stabilized a bit, I found it would not accept me even though I followed all the available advice. Then there was some discussion here about people whose last arrival date was too far in the past, that they were not included in the database, that there was nothing to be done about it.

I didn't much care, I can walk to Immigration from my house. Years went by.

But it's been rainy and virus-y lately so I tried again, using the new Edge Chrome. As I was entering the TM6 info I noticed that the dropdown list for the year of entry began with 2010. I last entered in 2009. Just as I was about to cancel the whole thing, I tried typing 2009 directly into the text field. The input was accepted. Even more surprisingly, my submission was accepted and approved.  

The address that was posted above/below is still good. I did the mail-in thing for years & only had problems during the "great" flood & protests. The online system works for me now & is much more convenient. I was turned off at first by the hit & miss of it, but if you're patient, it should work. Try all browsers, mine usually goes through with Mozilla & sometimes IE. You definitely have to be within that 7 day period as well. I'm usually confirmed within 48 hours. 23+ years in Thailand. Hope you're all staying healthy!

Edited by ThaiSpaceNeedle

4 hours ago, ThaiSpaceNeedle said:

The address that was posted above/below is still good. I did the mail-in thing for years & only had problems during the "great" flood & protests. The online system works for me now & is much more convenient. I was turned off at first by the hit & miss of it, but if you're patient, it should work. Try all browsers, mine usually goes through with Mozilla & sometimes IE. You definitely have to be within that 7 day period as well. I'm usually confirmed within 48 hours. 23+ years in Thailand. Hope you're all staying healthy!

There's no 7 days window anymore when doing it online. The new window is due date and up to 15 days early. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Max69xl said:

There's no 7 days window anymore when doing it online. The new window is due date and up to 15 days early. 

My bad then. I did my 90 days in July & understood there was still the 7 days window. I just noticed some big updates to the immigration site, I need to go through it to see what else is new. Thanks!