Getting up to date on address and 90 day reports, best strategy

In March I renewed my annual extension of stay based on marriage and bank deposit. After that, I moved to a new province. That move was long planned, and I expected our new house under construction to get a house book before my next 90 day report was due. That is not going to happen before next month. When the amnesty was announced, and then extended, I just have been waiting for the new address to get my paperwork in order. The complicating factor has been that I have been staying at a friend’s house and she (Thai American dual citizen) has not been in Thailand for 2 years. So having her sign a lease to register a new temporary address hasn’t seemed to be an option. Now I am supposed to show up at Immigration in person before the end of the month to do a 90 day report. This would be in Chiang Mai, or possibly in Fang. I would welcome constructive suggestions as to how to best handle my situation. I am willing to wade through the expected critical And off topic posts that this post will generate, hopefully Ubonjoe and some other posters will help me understand what my best options might be.    

Does your friend have a house book for her house? if yes then a statement from her stating you are staying her house would be accepted along with signed copies of her house book and ID card.

A TM30 report would also be needed since you will be changing your address.

Thank you for the replies, Ubonjoe. I will try to exchange copies with scans and get some documents with signatures that way, won’t be originals. I will also try to get a house book before the completion of the new house, we have doors and windows and electric and water, so could work. Would you recommend that I try to get the 90 day report as the first step, and if told I need the other forms first then get the TM30? Or get the TM 30 first? Also, what about TM 47 and TM 28 and TM who knows what all else?

18 minutes ago, islandguy said:

I will also try to get a house book before the completion of the new house, we have doors and windows and electric and water, so could work.

You should be able to get one now. Have your wife ask the village head about getting it done. They are the first step of getting one since they normally assign the house number.

A TM30 form to report your residence and a TM47 form for the 90 day report should be the only forms needed.

On 8/19/2020 at 3:24 PM, islandguy said:

I moved to a new province.

If it were me, and I am not suggesting you do it, I would have done my 90 days online and then when everything was in order with the new house, house book and all, I would then go and complete the TM30 advising of my new address, this way it would all be less complicated, but as I did say, this is the way I would do it and not suggesting you do it at all.

Edited by 4MyEgo

As you expected, Ubonjoe, wife was able to get a house book this morning. Wanted to check again on whether I need to do a form for change in permanent address. I thought that was different than the TM30? Also, which office(s) in Chinang Mai should I go to? Thanks

2 minutes ago, islandguy said:

I thought that was different than the TM30? Also, which office(s) in Chinang Mai should I go to? Thanks

You might need a TM30 form and a TM27 form (same as TM28).

Ninety day reporting is done at the Promenada office.

Final outcome; went to Promenade early, they were super nice and seemed desperate for customers. About 5 people there, only me for 90 day report. No luck, needed to get TM30 at airport office first, but assured me we could do drive through 90 day reporting. Went there, and while I parked, wife got TM30 with new house book. Then walked through the drive in lane as there was no inside option. Grumpy nice clerk suggested on line reporting the next time. All done fairly fast with no problems.