Beach road is dead, for now anyway

scubascuba3

9 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

better to run an empty bar than sit at home with the wife moaning and dogs barking so they hang in there just in case a miracle happens

Makes for an expensive hobby if you don't own the land, which most don't.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

yeah, but now they have excuses to track you and install spy software on your phone/ computer, etc.  That's where they are salivating.

Your sim card is already doing that, not to mention your Visa or MasterCard.  ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

The cure has become worse than the disease. Poverty will end up killing far more people than Covid. 

What would you expect if Thailand had lots of Covid cases? Tourists coming in hordes and enjoying their time and spending lots of money?

Now the Thai economy is down and we have basically no Covid cases.

The only alternative I see is the economy down and Covid cases. That's not better than the first option.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

Can't say I'm too bothered about that, although I don't know how they are going to do that.  They have so many ways to monitor what an individual is doing nowadays,  that a few more won't make much of a difference, unless you have something to hide of course.   

I'm in online and mobile marketing.  You'd be disgusted with what a civilian can pull about you...let alone the access gov would have over apple, google, etc to turn on your devices.   You've already given the private companies permission to turn on your mic and listen and record.  And you paid them to give them that access.

• Like 2

I just pulled off beach road 7:30 pm.  Most things are open still.  But it's not busy tonight.  That seems to be hit and miss.  I can't figure out the pattern.

Most people are on Soi Buakhao  Not busy, but enough people to keep it interesting.

Edited by Dart12

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

<snip>

The days of lady drinks and bar fines are coming to an end.  

There hasn't been a need to pay either for the last 5 years unless you require an immediate, on-site liaison!

• Thanks 1

Just now, VBF said:

There hasn't been a need to pay either for the last 5 years unless you require an immediate, on-site liaison!

Sure, but nowdays, not even the tourists pay for lady drinks and bar fines.   Even first timers are on the apps.   

• Like 1

Are expats considering a move away from Pattaya?  I'm genuinely interested to know.  

I assume dark side residents aren't considering moving unless finances dictate, but expats that frequent the downtown Pattaya scene could be motivated to reconsider their options?  I don't know.  

Sales of crystal ball's must be one of the success stories of 2020. The big test will come when winter arrives to see what happens in the northern hemisphere. If the virus mutates or infections surge then kiss 2021 goodbye too. Seems that clown running the WHO has put his faith in "hope" for the next 2 years.

16 minutes ago, baansgr said:

The girls don't buy drinks...I've seen recent pics of Ibar etc ...yes full with girls but about 5 foreigners lurking about....no profit in that

Pin-up full with guys, difficult finding a seat, Dollhouse and Windmill not full but enough

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

It's over. Rightly or wrongly, gov's all over the world have allowed a virus to destroy businesses, folks income and normal lives for billions, etc. Really don't see a way forward, even a vaccine is going to be fraught with problems. Game over for me.

They didn't ALLOW the virus to destroy businesses. THEY destroyed businesses with lockdowns.

Forget about a vaccine saving us- it's just that they, IMO, have nothing else to try and make us kowtow to their draconian policies. It might be available to most in a year or two, but by then the world we knew will have been destroyed if they keep on with lockdowns every time someone has a sniffle.

If the OP is correct, now would be the time to build the monorail, with little traffic on the roads. Opportunities lost, lost, lost.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AbeNormal said:

you can't stop or prevent a hurricane

But you can stop an enemy foreign power from developing a disease then distributing it in your home country.

At worst you could nuke that foreign power back to the stone age where they didn't have the technology to do it again.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I agree, more and more Thais are giving up and leaving Pattaya

Along with non-Thai and Thai business owners also calling it a day, as reserves are eked out and usually a few Thais lose their jobs too. It will be property agencies, restaurants and all manner of businesses, not just the bar-scene.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Really?

I was in Pattaya first week of this month and if there was any road that could be called busy (in terms of entertainment) it was Soi Buakhao and side Sois.

Yes.  I immediately corrected the street name to Soi Buakhao.

Soi 6 is lively at night...but you definitely are enjoying an advantage to women over men.

although one or two of thhe bar managers know how to market online and are actually always busy.

• Like 1