non-o based on marriage and child's birth certificate

Hi all . I am married to a Thai woman . Been here more than 13 years . We have a child with Thai nationality aged 22 . A long time ago , for some reason I think , Thai immigration

did not need our child's birth certificate to be added to our file . I can not remember when or why since i have been subjected to a lot of little annoying changes  . One example of this is after being here on a translated marriage certificate from overseas ( where we got married ) for many years , immigration suddenly decided to no longer accept this . They wanted a Thai marriage certificate and sent me and my wife out not willing to offer any assistance . I remember their words after I asked them how to give them what they want , " we don't care  , we just want a Thai marriage certificate " . A long story short we managed to get hold of a Thai marriage certificate in the end with only 2 days a valid visa left . 

Back to our child , last time with extending the non-o visa , immigration again suddenly asked for the birth certificate of our child aged 22 . We said we do not have that because we can not remember ever being asked for that . I told immigration to have a look in our file because surely there would not be any birth certificate to be found  since we did not have to hand that in . Their excuse was that there are too many files in the room back so they refused to take a look . ...bla bla bla. and so on...After half an hour refusing to leave the office my wife got them to accept our child's Thai identity card .

My question , is it really necessary , since our child is 22 , to hand in a birth certificate or a Thai identity card of whatever other document . We wish our child not to be subject to their erratic way of handling visa extensions .

Thank you .

Their birth certificate should not required since they are 22 years old.

A birth certificate is not shown on the immigration website other than when applying for an extension based upon being the parent of a Thai.

But there are several offices that want the birth certificate as additional proof your marriage is real.

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Their birth certificate should not required since they are 22 years old.

A birth certificate is not shown on the immigration website other than when applying for an extension based upon being the parent of a Thai.

But there are several offices that want the birth certificate as additional proof your marriage is real.

Thank you Ubonjoe .