"The bodies keep mounting up on Thailand's roads" - damning report airing on UK TV

rooster59

13 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

image.png.5fc508b7a855c248ef4d92b78b6e1726.png

Yeah this young child is yet to be corrupted. Death Toll = Thais are the MOST impatient drivers in the entire WORLD!!!

Many years of riding around Bangkok and Thailand daily is my proof! I have travelled all over the world, nobody compares to the Thai impatience!!! I "LOVE" the Thai people, it's why I live here, BUT they are hopeless drivers/riders and yet they think the opposite is true. 

13 hours ago, rooster59 said:

airing repeatedly on the UK's Sky News. 

Was there a purpose of airing repeatedly? ...... wouldn’t it be better 

to discuss with the proper authorities here first... 

13 hours ago, colinneil said:

What a priceless comment.... A policeman that does not accept bribes, he must be the only 1 in the whole country.

Notice his name is not mentioned.

Pinocchio? 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

Was there a purpose of airing repeatedly? ...... wouldn’t it be better 

to discuss with the proper authorities here first... 

Yep, that will surely bring about some positive changes... 

I also like the comment the police officer saying he does not accept a brown evenlope.They can control the virus and a  few things but not road deaths.One time in cnx I watched a breath test stop a thai went into the hotel foyer a atm machine there.Followed by a policeman he left  first then the policeman after,Alittle talk at the desk the wife saying a few harsh words and he,s off he drives away.He forgot to turn the headlights on only.

Catching a few farang on bikes and some thais getting away with it.They will never be able to stop this total always rising.I did it once forgot to put my helmet on,said how much.it was 200 or 300 baht keys left in the bike my thai license.come back the white glove and  hands together money gone and I left with the helmet on.Certain things just don,t change in the Thailand

13 hours ago, mberbae said:

The Policeman not taking bribes can be 100% true. I have been in cars where

bribes ( or, immediate payments for fines ) were offered. The policeman politely

instructed the driver to go to the police station to pay.

As for the death and injury toll - when the Upper Echelon of Thai Folks start being

brought to Justice, perhaps then things can change and locals may start caring about

rules and laws.

Yes rare but they exist, I had a wheel lock once on the car because of wrong parking. A big paper on the front screen mentioning I had to pay a 500 bht fine. I asked a policeman "hanging" around in the area to settle it for 2 or 300 bht. No way, I had to go to the nearest policestation and pay the fine where the officer in charge gave me a 100 bht discount AND a receipt.

18 hours ago, meechai said:

And they will continue to do so.

Sadly there is no alternative

It is not lack of laws or bad roads it is lack of any real law enforcement period

Starts with the very basics of even having a drivers license. So many found without one at the accidents

Next if they have a license how did they get it? Any training at all? Any real testing other than watch a video & fill out forms?

Next on the roads themselves absolutely NO LAW Enforcement period

Yes a few road blocks now & then but these are mainly toll booths for crooked cops party funds

You know it, I know it, the Thai's all know it.

So this basically leaves the open roads as a form of lawless lands. Lands where people with little to no training drive

well beyond their skill levels or even mental capacity to compute closure rates or even what that solid line in the middle

of the multi lane road means.

Only in Thailand do you see these brilliant drivers pass into a blind turn or even down a straight road regardless if there are oncoming cars or not often forcing the

ones with the right to that lane off the road...why? Because they can

Next we have the supposedly expert commercial drivers...Yes the Semi tractor trailer drivers wielding tons of steel at crazy speeds down any road.

Then when these yaba/M150 fueled pros hits something ...It was brake failure of course

Silver van drivers? Oh gawd don't even ask

So yes this will continue without an end in sight as there is no law enforcement to change it from the ground up

From the time they are kids speeding around without license on scooters till they are adult killing machines due to speed, booze,lack of skill etc etc etc

Lastly it does not help that all the lower tier constantly see cases like Red Bull heir Boss kill & walk

If I were in charge I think the simplest fix is a Mechanical governor on all motor vehicles that limits speeds to 10mph/16kph

Because truthfully that is the absolute fastest a Thai should be traveling while operating any motor vehicle.

As they say..

Put down that wheelbarrow. 

You know nothing about machinery...

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, herwin1234 said:

Its jealousy. The Brittish cant handle that Thailand does very well handling the covid crisis, so they gotta make a negative item about accidents in Thailand. 

Question: Why on earth would road accidents in Thailand have any relevance to the UK. Its just searching for a negative story just to feel good about their owncountry and conveniently forget they totally mismanage covid crisis.

How do you know 'Thailand does very well handling the covid crisis'......there is no testing done period.....so how do know how many people have it.....A good friend of mine had 'the flu' 10 days ago.....no test done!.....bullsiht numbers....lieland again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It was a couple of years ago  when it was published that Thailand  was number one in the world for road deaths, and many Thai's were happy that their country had become number one in something.....I asked a lady at the land transport office why do we need to apply to re new a driving  licence every  5 years  causing such a big backlog  as is the case now ..she replied  its all about making money

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Steve Vincent said:

I’ve travelled all over thailand and never once seen a driving instructor advertising driving lessons !  I’m sure they exist,yet I’ve never seen one,. 

There is in Phuket my wife used one

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nemises said:

And yet UK (& other) expats continue to ride motor bikes and bicycles on the same deadly roads. Amazing. 

Bikes will still run you over on the pavement.

They are all out to get you, you know. :giggle:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

So the concensus here is that all police are corrupt. Have you all met all the police? No! So stop being cynical and wrong,

The concensus is certainly that they're all useless and there are NO real traffic police driving around in cars or other police actually stopping people for dangerous driving.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2020 at 8:41 AM, meechai said:

And they will continue to do so.

Sadly there is no alternative

It is not lack of laws or bad roads it is lack of any real law enforcement period

Starts with the very basics of even having a drivers license. So many found without one at the accidents

Next if they have a license how did they get it? Any training at all? Any real testing other than watch a video & fill out forms?

Next on the roads themselves absolutely NO LAW Enforcement period

Yes a few road blocks now & then but these are mainly toll booths for crooked cops party funds

You know it, I know it, the Thai's all know it.

So this basically leaves the open roads as a form of lawless lands. Lands where people with little to no training drive

well beyond their skill levels or even mental capacity to compute closure rates or even what that solid line in the middle

of the multi lane road means.

Only in Thailand do you see these brilliant drivers pass into a blind turn or even down a straight road regardless if there are oncoming cars or not often forcing the

ones with the right to that lane off the road...why? Because they can

Next we have the supposedly expert commercial drivers...Yes the Semi tractor trailer drivers wielding tons of steel at crazy speeds down any road.

Then when these yaba/M150 fueled pros hits something ...It was brake failure of course

Silver van drivers? Oh gawd don't even ask

So yes this will continue without an end in sight as there is no law enforcement to change it from the ground up

From the time they are kids speeding around without license on scooters till they are adult killing machines due to speed, booze,lack of skill etc etc etc

Lastly it does not help that all the lower tier constantly see cases like Red Bull heir Boss kill & walk

If I were in charge I think the simplest fix is a Mechanical governor on all motor vehicles that limits speeds to 10mph/16kph

Because truthfully that is the absolute fastest a Thai should be traveling while operating any motor vehicle.

Ever been to Indonesia or Philippines????

It's a combination of actions,after many years of driving motorbikes and cars,pickups on Thailand roads for me the first thing to forget is 'Who's in the right' because Thais riding motorbikes think they are always in the right,kamikazi style flashing their lights for Thai car and pickup drivers are always in the right,I tend to plod along and can always spot a potential crash before it happens,sometimes meaning you may need to put the foot on the pedal to get away from it, also meaning if you do want to miss out on a possible crunch,always be prepared for the other drivers not  following road rules,like them just drifting out onto a fast road just in front of you etc, my experience after many years dring on different Thai roads is that there are actually many more better Thai drivers on the road,but putting motorbike riders out of the equation, there's no hope for many of them, the only problem is there are millions more drivers now,some very arrogant, bad unsafe drivers.

• Sad 1