Black man shot in back by police in Wisconsin city, governor says, curfew imposed

snoop1130

How do these psychopaths make it into the police force in the US? I don't think cases like this one are an indication of institutional racism. To me it says that there are some psychopath cops in the service, and they need to be weeded out somehow. 

Even if Blake was reaching for a weapon, 2 shots in the back from close range is enough to stop him surely. But 7 shots? If anybody can explain why 7 shots might be appropriate please do. 

By the way, Blake is a violent criminal and was resisting arrest. I have little sympathy when these types end up full of bullet holes no matter who pulls the trigger. 

7 hours ago, Tug said:

Looks like a couple of city trucks not city blocks that’s a gross exaggeration thease things would be less common if the people affected thought the cops were beeing held accountable when they screw up that’s the root of the issue that needs to be resolved 

you better watch a few more videos, the rioting and violence is out of control there, curfew did nothing to stop them, ask the cop who got hit in the head by a brick how things are going there, very sad situation, this use to be a very nice town

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

By the way, Blake is a violent criminal and was resisting arrest.

I don't see any clear evidence or credible reporting showing that...  Not at the scene of the shooting, nor in his past.

Since the shooting it has emerged that Blake was charged with third-degree sexual assault, trespassing and disorderly conduct in connection with domestic abuse on July 6, 2020, the Tribune said, citing court documents.

At the time of his shooting there was an active arrest warrant in his name.

Court records show that on two occasions, in October 2018 and April 2019, Blake has been to court over child support payments. The records show that both cases were dismissed.

https://www.insider.com/picture-details-jacob-blake-black-man-shot-by-police-kenosha-2020-8

Online court records indicate Kenosha County prosecutors charged Blake on July 6 with sexual assault, trespassing and disorderly conduct in connection with domestic abuse. An arrest warrant was issued the following day. The records contain no further details and do not list an attorney for Blake.

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2020/08/24/us/ap-us-police-shooting-wisconsin.html

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

I can not say if this was a racists attack or not but it is an issue of over reacting by the police for sure.  It already starts in training,a lot of leo think they are better than normal people,the civilians.  They don't like it when you question their authority and the will try to escalate things to be able to take you to jail.  This seems to be an American thing,i noticed police to be a lot more relaxed in other countries.

If they knew who he was (they could have run his plate) it could have been handled a lot more relaxed.  I do not know any real details ,i guess no one here does.  I can not see the need of dealing with Blake the way they did.  The Thai police does things a lot better imo.  Let him go today,we will pick him up tomorrow.What is wrong with that?

A long time ago a buddy of mine went into a strange bar and asked politely for a beer. Some guy told him to f off.My buddy calmly took out his gun(i never knew he had one)and told the guy all i want is a beer and i do not want any trouble.

He got his beer and left,no trouble of course.  The next morning at 5 am. the police woke him up and arrested him.No yelling,no guns drawn.  He did time for that and i found out later he had bought the gun in the US while on holiday there.

Deescalation is what saves lives people.

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

It could have been me if I have a known criminal record for domestic abuse and sexual assault, refused to obey the instructions of the police, resisted arrest and leaned into my car to get something..... 

It could very easily be anyone of us if we are the type to fight against law officers. 

Realistically though, no it couldn’t have easily been me, if told to stop, I would do so and obey them. 

Sandra Bland, Sean D. Williams, Breonna Taylor (no criminals, nor previous records) and on & on :dry:

Edited by Dap
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, scammed said:

this guy is probably a former hunter like myself, to shoot at stationary targets on the range and to shoot at moving targets in a split second is as different things as day and night. i kid you not its incredibly difficult to shoot at moving targets,  and even more difficult with iron sights. statistics show that a soldier miss over 10.000 bullets before he get one hit in combat, and that is with a rifle that at least have any chance of getting things right.  then add extra stress for fear of life on that and leg shooting just isnt feasible lest you have a shotgun

"....statistics show that a soldier miss over 10.000 bullets before he get one hit in combat,..."

Sure. Because all combat situations are the same. All targets faced during combat are moving. Got to love them statistics. Very useful when trying to make a point. Guess the conclusion is that there was no other recourse but to shoot him seven times in the back. Gotcha.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Morch said:

"....statistics show that a soldier miss over 10.000 bullets before he get one hit in combat,..."

Sure. Because all combat situations are the same. All targets faced during combat are moving. Got to love them statistics. Very useful when trying to make a point. Guess the conclusion is that there was no other recourse but to shoot him seven times in the back. Gotcha.

the police in usa clearly have a policy of 'better safe then sorry',

and i believe they formed that policy based on frequency of

suspects picking up a gun. i think both this police policy

and the high frequency of suspects being armed with guns

is unique to usa, you would need to confiscate the vast majority

of all guns in usa if you want police to keep their gun in their holster

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, scammed said:

the police in usa clearly have a policy of 'better safe then sorry',

and i believe they formed that policy based on frequency of

suspects picking up a gun. i think both this police policy

and the high frequency of suspects being armed with guns

is unique to usa, you would need to confiscate the vast majority

of all guns in usa if you want police to keep their gun in their holster

That's great. Not much to do with my post, but still - I'd love to see some of that imaginary policy coming true. If the government actually wanted to do something "nasty", then these guns would mean squat. They are an outdated relic from another age, where this was relevant. Confiscating weapons, firstly and mostly from criminals, but also many of the ordinary folk, and making them harder to purchase, harder to tout or concealed carry - go team whomever pushes this.

16 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

1.) "Felon". Convicted? 

2.) His children.

You reveal much about yourself.

Well we all know the people who supporting that kind of behavior are 

Trump supporters you all know who they are, don't want to mention any names.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

If unarmed, non-life-threatening white people were regularly being shot to death by the police in the U.S., then perhaps some of the right-wing posters here would reconsider their opinions...

But in the absence of that, I can only presume that they think it's OK when police officers shoot unarmed, non-life-threatening black people, because I never hear any right wingers complaining about it.. and instead, find them just grasping for excuses and justifications to excuse illegal, abhorrent, racist conduct.

If some random white crackhead was handing out counterfeit and resisting arrest, trying to get something from a car or whatever and was shot, people would laugh and give him a Darwin Award. It wouldn't even make the news. Maybe a blip at the end of the 10 PM local news. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

56 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

If some random white crackhead was handing out counterfeit and resisting arrest, trying to get something from a car or whatever and was shot, people would laugh and give him a Darwin Award. It wouldn't even make the news. Maybe a blip at the end of the 10 PM local news. 

Interesting but largely untrue.  Murders of white people are well covered and it's uncommon for a white person to be shot by the police unless he is armed.  Even then, a fair amount of effort is taken to NOT shoot him.   

In this situation, what's been reported was that there was a call about a domestic disturbance and he had tried to break it up.  It was two women arguing.   So, I am curious why the police would not attend to what they were called to attend to, which was the domestic disturbance.   Instead they decide to follow this guy and shoot him.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Credo said:

Interesting but largely untrue.  Murders of white people are well covered and it's uncommon for a white person to be shot by the police unless he is armed.  Even then, a fair amount of effort is taken to NOT shoot him.   

In this situation, what's been reported was that there was a call about a domestic disturbance and he had tried to break it up.  It was two women arguing.   So, I am curious why the police would not attend to what they were called to attend to, which was the domestic disturbance.   Instead they decide to follow this guy and shoot him.   

It's rare for a white person to be shot because we stay in our car and place our hands on the steering wheel in plain sight. We don't get out and play taser tag.

Another factor involved is if you have a record you will escalate the protocol involved in the stop. If I got stopped with my friend how has been charged with assault with a deadly weapon guns would be drawn. I would stay in the car and keep my hands on the steering wheel in plain sight.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cryingdick said:

It's rare for a white person to be shot because we stay in our car and place our hands on the steering wheel in plain sight. We don't get out and play taser tag.

...and you're not black.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

You've been watching too many movies, the discharge of a weapon is "deadly force". Shoot center mass.

You don't shoot to "wing" them.

That is true lots of bad info in this thread on police tactics. If you draw your weapon it is lethal and it is always shoot to kill. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bendejo said:

When I was a teenager I worked with a guy who had been an MP in the US military.  I remember one day he explained the difference between shooting someone and killing them.  E.g. someone running away from him because he didn't want to get busted for being a few hours late getting back to the base, well, you'd just want to stop him, not kill, so if you do shoot at all you aim for the leg.  Aren't police taught this any more?

In this case one shot in the arm would have ended the problem.

These things qualify as extrajudicial killings.

if you shoot someone its to stop them,i love all the shooting experts who have in all probability never fired a handgun in their lives giving advice on a situation they,ve never been in.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, kingdong said:

if you shoot someone its to stop them,i love all the shooting experts who have in all probability never fired a handgun in their lives giving advice on a situation they,ve never been in.

Nobody would shoot at some grunt running away from the base. LOL This is comedy gold. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

I am also not stupid. I was taught from an early age not to play games when stopped by the cops.

Well, that's arguably wrong, but perhaps once he got in his car, he would have put his hands on the wheel, we don't know.    What we do know is that the action of the police officer has caused one heck of a lot of damage and destruction.   Now consider how this would have shaken down if the police had attended to what they were called for, which was the two ladies arguing and let this guy get in his car and leave.   

Go pick him up later or tomorrow or never.   

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Credo said:

Well, that's arguably wrong, but perhaps once he got in his car, he would have put his hands on the wheel, we don't know.    What we do know is that the action of the police officer has caused one heck of a lot of damage and destruction.   Now consider how this would have shaken down if the police had attended to what they were called for, which was the two ladies arguing and let this guy get in his car and leave.   

Go pick him up later or tomorrow or never.   

We all know if he had complied he would still be able to walk. There is no excuse when you are approached you put your hands up and say yes sir no sir. That's you only job if outside of the car.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1