Black man shot in back by police in Wisconsin city, governor says, curfew imposed

snoop1130

23 hours ago, bendejo said:

When I was a teenager I worked with a guy who had been an MP in the US military.  I remember one day he explained the difference between shooting someone and killing them.  E.g. someone running away from him because he didn't want to get busted for being a few hours late getting back to the base, well, you'd just want to stop him, not kill, so if you do shoot at all you aim for the leg.  Aren't police taught this any more?

In this case one shot in the arm would have ended the problem.

These things qualify as extrajudicial killings.

i think the guy you worked with was a serial fantasist.

Edited by kingdong
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kingdong said:

i think the guy you worked with was a serial fantasist.

What you replied to is one of the most improbable and dumbest things I have read on the internet in quite awhile. We shoot military personnel in the foot for going AWOL. LOL okay sonny boy.

13 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

We all know if he had complied he would still be able to walk. There is no excuse when you are approached you put your hands up and say yes sir no sir. That's you only job if outside of the car.

And we all know that when the police shoot unarmed black people some really, really bad stuff happens.   

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Credo said:

And we all know that when the police shoot unarmed black people some really, really bad stuff happens.   

Yeah they burn down their own businesses. Now if one was a racist that reaction would actually be humorous. They play directly into the hands-off their enemy.

You shoot one of them and they damage themselves. It is the ultimate self destructive thing to do. 

If somebody shoots me I go shoot them.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Yeah they burn down their own businesses. Now if one was a racist that reaction would actually be humorous. They play directly into the hands-off their enemy.

You shoot one of them and they damage themselves. It is the ultimate self destructive thing to do. 

If somebody shoots me I go shoot them.

“Now if one was a racist”

In a post in which you make generalized negative comments about a whole race of people:

“Yeah they burn down their own businesses.”

They play directly into the hands-off their enemy”

You shoot one of them and they damage themselves. It is the ultimate self destructive thing to do.”

The evidence of your own words.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

No matter what, Police have to find a new way to neutralize people they need to take in for own safety, or the suspects own safety. 

Two words, serve and protect is the police duty!

so many innocent who have been murdered by a mistake, or out of coincident and mistakes, as police officers who are violent, criminal and racists. 

Basic training and more basic training is necessery to make police officers safer and better. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

“Now if one was a racist”

In a post in which you make generalized negative comments about a whole race of people:

“Yeah they burn down their own businesses.”

They play directly into the hands-off their enemy”

You shoot one of them and they damage themselves. It is the ultimate self destructive thing to do.”

Yeah, the current way the black community at large deals with issues is self defeating. This is why many people simply no longer care. 

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Again, gross generalization and to avoid any misunderstanding you name the whole community of people who are the target of your gross generalizations.

Generalizations get started because for the most part they are true.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

We also know that if he wasn't shot in the back by police he would still be able to walk.

I cant say why the officer shot him 7 times ,but i can say if he had not fought the police and did not do as he was told as any law abiding citizen should then he was in the wrong to start with ,as were the people who burned down and looted shops . two wrongs do not make a right .

the usual sad face, so what they did was right ?

Edited by bert bloggs
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, watso63 said:

Yet another thug with a long criminal history getting the martyr tag. It's not really that hard to do what an armed police officer instructs you to do during an arrest.

There is many reasons people are not able to act or hear a police officer saying! One reason can be Mental sick people react with a fight or flight mode, and thats when police officers fail to protect. Dont even need to be mental sick to react so in a high pressured situation, could also be diabetic early case, where you can act abnormal

Edited by Tagged
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bert bloggs said:

I cant say why the officer shot him 7 times ,but i can say if he had not fought the police and did not do as he was told as any law abiding citizen should then he was in the wrong to start with ,as were the people who burned down and looted shops . two wrongs do not make a right .

the usual sad face, so what they did was right ?

You're responding with the same post I responded to. Not very constructive, and does not address the point at all.

• Confused 1

On 8/25/2020 at 7:51 AM, BritManToo said:

The video clearly shows he was unarmed and shot in the back 7x from an arms length.

There's no excuse in the world anyone can make to justify this crime.

The policeman needs to go to jail for the rest of his life.

I read reports in which it says he was waving a knife about prior to going to his vehicle. The police were ordering him to stop and tried to taser him ( the taser failed which apparently they do regularly). He was reaching in his vehicle when shot.

Police officers attending had been told there was a warrant for sexual assault and domestic violence outstanding and that he had previous firearms convictions including threatening people in a bar. He also had convictions for assaulting police.

The officers would have treated him as a dangerous person. He would have heightened that by not following their commands. They could be faced with him pulling a gun out from his vehicle.

However, that doesn't explain why an office felt the need to shoot him 7 times from very close range. 

This needs much more investigation but isn't just someone being innocent just because the color of their skin; or a police office r acting reasonably.  But the media hype to fuel the fires for their own agendas don't help.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

There are no excuses for 7 bullets in the back.

There are no excuses for shooting him in front of his 3 children who were also in the car.

It doesn't matter how bad a man he was, or how many warrants were out for his arrest.

The policeman needs to spend the rest of his life in jail, end of.

If the policeman doesn't go to jail, not only will America burn, but it will deserve to burn.

So, if he was reaching for a gun, as the officers had information he previously was armed, you still wouldn't think it right for the police to shoot him, children present or not.

Clearly, 7 shots in the back seems inexcusable and mad. And the officer must be processed properly, transparently, in accordance with the law.

But is acting in such way, in front of your children, defying lawful police commands, acceptable behavior.

The officer will probably be charged and a court will decide. The shot person could also face charges. His behavior and actions aren't excused by the actions of the policeman. Just as his actions don't excuse the policeman. 

14 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

I read reports in which it says he was waving a knife about prior to going to his vehicle. The police were ordering him to stop and tried to taser him ( the taser failed which apparently they do regularly). He was reaching in his vehicle when shot.

Police officers attending had been told there was a warrant for sexual assault and domestic violence outstanding and that he had previous firearms convictions including threatening people in a bar. He also had convictions for assaulting police.

The officers would have treated him as a dangerous person. He would have heightened that by not following their commands. They could be faced with him pulling a gun out from his vehicle.

However, that doesn't explain why an office felt the need to shoot him 7 times from very close range. 

This needs much more investigation but isn't just someone being innocent just because the color of their skin; or a police office r acting reasonably.  But the media hype to fuel the fires for their own agendas don't help.

"Police officers attending had been told there was a warrant for sexual assault and domestic violence outstanding and that he had previous firearms convictions including threatening people in a bar. He also had convictions for assaulting police."

So he had identified himself, they knew who he was? This is the first time someone has claimed this, I have asked this question quite a few times now. So: source please.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

There are no excuses for 7 bullets in the back.

There are no excuses for shooting him in front of his 3 children who were also in the car.

It doesn't matter how bad a man he was, or how many warrants were out for his arrest.

The policeman needs to spend the rest of his life in jail, end of.

If the policeman doesn't go to jail, not only will America burn, but it will deserve to burn.

Take a few hits and turn it down, ahahaa

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Tagged said:

If all above is true, an bullit in his leg, is what normal cops do where I come from. One bullit to the leg is enough to nautralize any person

Please stop with the ridiculous stories of leg shots, it's a lie. Any shot to the leg was one meant for the mid section. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

You can understand the Police not wanting him to get in his car with Children inside , if he was agitated and carrying a knife 

Please quote correctly. I quoted someone else, you only mention his quote, not my response, under my name.