Black man shot in back by police in Wisconsin city, governor says, curfew imposed

snoop1130

3 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

Where exactly did you get that statistic from?

Google polls police reform. Probably the one issue more people agree on, I mean excpet you of course.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/315962/americans-say-policing-needs-major-changes.aspx

58% of Americans say policing needs major changes; 6% say none are needed
Almost all support increased focus on accountability, community relations
About half support reducing police funding, with large gaps by race, political party

13 minutes ago, izod10 said:

Once the black was in the car ,you do know/or not what was in the car,quite easily reaching for a gun

Why did they let him get to the car, video shows them doing nothing other than pointing a gun. Don't cops in the US get taught less than deadly force, restraint techniques? If not, its the training at fault.

• Like 1

Just saw a video here

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/08/24/jacob-blake-protests-erupt-after-black-man-shot-wisconsin-police/3428198001/

In it the police follow him around car telling him to halt but he continues then opens door to car & reaches in near floor then he is shot

Not a particularly smart move ....kind of surprised they didnt put him down sooner as they followed him all the way around the car

Untitled2.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Edited by meechai

2 minutes ago, sungod said:

Why did they let him get to the car, video shows them doing nothing other than pointing a gun. Don't cops in the US get taught less than deadly force, restraint techniques? If not, its the training at fault.

cowards act like that.  Big talkers when they have a gun, cowards even when they do. They are beyond contempt. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Ah, OK. Was the "floor" loaded?

Who knows ?

Really is that even a question? Would you wait till he turns around & first listen for gunfire?

I am not saying it was a good thing but really a cop follows you around with weapon drawn yelling halt....you go open a door reach in for something??

You really expect a cop to wait & find out if it is flowers or a gun?

Good luck with that

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

How about what you haven't said?

For example:

R.I.P. to the victim.

Condolences to his family.

How dreadful for his children to watch his father being murdered.

He did not have to die.

Ummmm again not a good thing but did you even read report or watch video?

Report I see states.... Blake was out of surgery and expected to survive.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

The video clearly shows he was unarmed and shot in the back 7x from an arms length.

There's no excuse in the world anyone can make to justify this crime.

The policeman needs to go to jail for the rest of his life.

trouble was that his actions were progressively becoming obscured with his leaning down to get in the car.

Who goes down into their car headfirst, unless they might have been going for something on the floor? 

I think therefore the Bib has 'some' excuse to mitigate... 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, meechai said:

Ummmm again not a good thing but did you even read report or watch video?

Report I see states.... Blake was out of surgery and expected to survive.

Forgot that but easy to confuse with the many fatal shootings. Not many survive being shot seven times. The other points remain.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, meechai said:

Blake was out of surgery and expected to survive.

Yep. So he'll get $10 million, if he had died then his family would have gotten a lot more.

At least cheeseheads have some comprehension of the gravity of this incident...

Packers release statement on police shooting of Jacob Blake in Kenosha

“The Packers organization was shocked to see the video that showed police shooting Jacob Blake multiple times in the back. We are hopeful Jacob makes a full recovery, and our thoughts are with his family.

“While we understand a full investigation of this terrible incident will take place, we are deeply troubled at what again has become a painful example of the significant challenges we face with respect to police brutality, systemic racism and injustices against Black people. We continue to call for meaningful dialogue to affect the needed change we all desire.”

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2020/08/24/packers-issue-team-statement-on-police-involved-shooting-in-kenosha/

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tifino said:

trouble was that his actions were progressively becoming obscured with his leaning down to get in the car.

Who goes down into their car headfirst, unless they might have been going for something on the floor? 

I think therefore the Bib has 'some' excuse to mitigate... 

there is no mitigation at all, they could have taken him down with tasers, batons or bodily, well before he got in the car.  I say again, they were cowards and a disgrace to the Uniform they wear. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

Riots. Riots erupted in Kenosha. They burned whole businesses and dang near whole city blocks. 

Looks like a couple of city trucks not city blocks that’s a gross exaggeration thease things would be less common if the people affected thought the cops were beeing held accountable when they screw up that’s the root of the issue that needs to be resolved 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

This is the problem with making outlandish assumptions, they are often wrong. 

The Police in the UK are not perfect, but they would have brought this guy down with the minimum of fuss, well before it got out of hand. They do it every day and every weekend in particular,  in every City in the country. It can be done, because they are not cowards in a uniform and with a gun

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

The Police in the UK are not perfect, but they would have brought this guy down with the minimum of fuss, well before it got out of hand. They do it every day and every weekend in particular,  in every City in the country. It can be done, because they are not cowards in a uniform and with a gun

He fought with police on the ground  and had ALREADY BEEN TASED at least once by a female officer. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bendejo said:

E.g. someone running away from him because he didn't want to get busted for being a few hours late getting back to the base, well, you'd just want to stop him, not kill, so if you do shoot at all you aim for the leg.  Aren't police taught this any more?

I don't think its the leg benejo...I think it is the big Toe on the right hand side that you aim for....... its a bit like the wild west movies I used to watch as a kid...... 2 gunslingers draw, but the one in the white hat just shoots the other ones trigger finger off.

The police just need to watch more of those videos........:coffee1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, mtls2005 said:

Nice edit...

again you reveal yourself.

"They were also yelling, 'Drop the knife,'" White said. "I didn't see any weapons in his hands. He wasn't being violent."

It also says that white was not standing there the whole time and that he did not have a good angle of view, so just because he didn’t see it doesn’t mean it wasn’t there. 

That same man says he witnessed the suspect being tased and wrestling with cops on the ground and behind the vehicle (where he can’t see) 

But but but racism though ????

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

He fought with police on the ground  and had ALREADY BEEN TASED at least once by a female officer. 

Then not only were they cowards, they were useless police officers as well. If the only option open to you is shooting an unarmed man in the back, then then is a terrible indictment of their training and competence. I doubt that he was a 6ft 7" 300 lb defensive back.  Too many doughnuts and watching too many John Wayne movies. 

Edited by Pilotman
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1