"Foreign tourists won't come if confined to their room for 14 days" but keeping them at resorts is OK, Pipat

webfact

34 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I think that may ended up a ‘global solution’ much like travelling into areas of Africa with a Yellow Fever Vaccination certificate. 

We may well end up requiring ‘Covid-19 Vaccination’ passports. 

If thats the case, they may as well add other vaccinations to the the ‘Vaccination Passport’ such as Flu Vaccine.

correct .... and I think that's what will eventually happen for entering anywhere, it'll be a case of show your COVID19 virus vaccination stamp or certificate upon entry.  Quarantine will be fazed out once an approved reliable vaccine is manufactured.   imo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, steven100 said:

your joking right  !!   Tourists just want to show their vaccination confirmation doc at the airport on entry and that's it .....  no quarantine ... no confinement ... no nothing.   the guys a knucklehead  !!  

I cannot believe that you have actually aimed some criticism at this shower..

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, The Barmbeker said:

He is right about one thing: being able to move around in a resort, using the pool or the restaurant at free will, IS a lot more attractive, then being confined inside your room!

It is just not attractive ENOUGH!

100% agree. But retirees and married people would also prefer to go home directly, even lock-down in their home, than staying in an expensive resort. Can it be possible, as electronic bracelet as they do for some people in Singapore ?

Also, even if Thailand is loosing appeal with quarantine, more and more "open countries" are now closing borders (or asking for quarantine) in Europe for example. I don't know, but maybe in 2 months, there will not be so many opportunities without quarantine. My 2 cents

• Like 2