"Foreign tourists won't come if confined to their room for 14 days" but keeping them at resorts is OK, Pipat

webfact

48 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Nothing to fear from the feeble fear mongers. They are on their way out. They just do not know it yet. 

i'm with you all the way !   though i might be a step or two behind you  .  Your new regime will obviously be by the people, for the people.   Please consider me for Minister of Sarcasm .  and PLEASE :

3 hours ago, rumak said:

i'm with you all the way !   though i might be a step or two behind you  .  Your new regime will obviously be by the people, for the people.   Please consider me for Minister of Sarcasm .  and PLEASE :

The words "Get back to where you once belonged" also come to mind.

OK, once do your 14 or 21 Days can you then travel anywhere in Thailand? Also, are the maids and food servers in these quarantine hotels being tested? I want something to work out, but it isn't easy. For all the nay sayers  suggest what would work. The whole world will struggle with this. How to deal with visitors from COVID infected countries. Until the world is healed and safe, no one is safe, unless there is some kind of plan.

5 minutes ago, coastguard said:

OK, once do your 14 or 21 Days can you then travel anywhere in Thailand? Also, are the maids and food servers in these quarantine hotels being tested? I want something to work out, but it isn't easy. For all the nay sayers  suggest what would work. The whole world will struggle with this. How to deal with visitors from COVID infected countries. Until the world is healed and safe, no one is safe, unless there is some kind of plan.

Good question. 

The nay sayers can't come up with any ideas that will ensure the same level of safety while still trying to at least get some visitors back. 

On 8/25/2020 at 11:55 AM, JonnyF said:

Why would people take expensive long haul flights to be confined to a resort, when they could fly for a couple of hours and have a nice cheap holiday in the sun where they can go wherever they like?

I think this guy may have overestimated the lure of Thailand.

As an american. where in the world am i welcome now? Nowhere that I see. So, a two week penalty is acceptable to me.

Just now, leicesterguyuk said:

Good question. 

The nay sayers can't come up with any ideas that will ensure the same level of safety while still trying to at least get some visitors back. 

Thailand will have to do what other countries do self isolation and if there are any outbreaks have local lockdowns. Because they have lock downed they have no idea how to move forward they have got to accept Covid will be here long term and learn how to manage it.

2 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Thailand will have to do what other countries do self isolation and if there are any outbreaks have local lockdowns. Because they have lock downed they have no idea how to move forward they have got to accept Covid will be here long term and learn how to manage it.

The verdict is in and lockdowns don't work.  I don't know why anyone is still doing it other than to try look like they are doing something.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Appears to work in Thailand if you believe the numbers ?

Please provide the evidence that is because of lockdowns, which they have not had for months now.  By your logic the number of cases should have gone up after the lockdowns ended.  And no, there is no such thing as no cases whatsoever.  That's pretty much impossible.  Sooner or later there will be more cases.  Whether that's because they can't hide it anymore or more testing or whatever.

Peru had one of the strictest lockdown policies early on and now they have some of the highest numbers of cases.

Sweden never had lockdowns and they are no better or worse off than many countries that had lockdowns.

The evidence is there in plain site for people willing open their eyes.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, shdmn said:

The verdict is in and lockdowns don't work.  I don't know why anyone is still doing it other than to try look like they are doing something.

Lockdowns clearly do work, proven by the successful countries around the world. Proper lockdown that is. It's worked extremely well in Thailand. 

Although I do think the way forward it to accept some level of infection. But that isn't (currently) the Thai model. The current Thai model is zero local cases is all that is acceptable, nothing else is good enough. 

You don't know anyone that is still doing it - and look at the second wave across Europe. The US is still riding it's first wave. But I don't disagree with it, we need to accept that it's here to stay. 

Edited by leicesterguyuk

1 minute ago, shdmn said:

Please provide the evidence that is because of lockdowns, which they have not had for months now.

Peru had one of the strictest lockdown policies early on and now they have some of the highest numbers of cases.

Sweden never had lockdowns and they are still doing just fine.

The evidence is there in plain site for people willing to open their eyes.

They work in Thailand no domestic cases in 12 weeks, the only ones they had are people arriving on repatriation flights again that’s if you believe what they say ?

11 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

They work in Thailand no domestic cases in 12 weeks, the only ones they had are people arriving on repatriation flights again that’s if you believe what they say ?

If they work then how come there are no cases now with no lockdowns?  I know that must give you a headache forcing you to think it through and realizing that doesn't add up.  And again, there is no such thing as no cases anywhere like it's totally irradicated from Thailand.  That's pretty much impossible.  Just like it's not possible to totally irradicate the common flu even with vaccines for that.

Edited by shdmn

hat

1 hour ago, FarFlungFalang said:

The words "Get back to where you once belonged" also come to mind.

Tucson, Arizona ?   ????????   haha    I did live in the Southwest for some time.   Truth is I never did "belong"  in that country.   I can understand now, however,  why some old timers here are pondering

returning to their homeland.    

I am holding out for that Minister of sarcasm position in SpiderM's   cabinet .   I should be senile enough

to fit in well when that time comes.     

Just now, shdmn said:

If they work then how come there are no cases now with no lockdowns.  I know that must give you a headache forcing you to think it through and realizing that doesn't add up.  And again, there is no such thing as no cases anywhere like it's totally irradicated from Thailand.  That's pretty much impossible.  They still have not totally irradicated Polio.

It does add up, it makes perfect sense. It seems you're the one that needs to think about this a bit more. 

If the virus existing and then all cases were managed and eradicated (other than those still in hospital or in state quarantine), then there is no virus left to spread when the lockdown is eased. That's the whole aim for the world over! 

5 minutes ago, leicesterguyuk said:

It does add up, it makes perfect sense. It seems you're the one that needs to think about this a bit more. 

If the virus existing and then all cases were managed and eradicated (other than those still in hospital or in state quarantine), then there is no virus left to spread when the lockdown is eased. That's the whole aim for the world over! 

Lockdowns were for one thing and one thing only.  To try flatten the curve.  They may, may help do that but they most definitely do not prevent the spread or lessen the rate if infection longer term and that is 100% irrefutable based on all the current data. 

You are trying to imply lockdowns are to eradicate the virus which they are 100% not going to do and nobody (besides you and other poorly informed people apparently) claims that is what they are for.

Edited by shdmn

2 minutes ago, leicesterguyuk said:

My comments about Thailand were ‘tongue in cheek’

Does he think that tourists would come to Thailand just to enjoy Phuket beaches for 14 days? How boring!

Most tourists would rather go to Bangkok which has a more interesting night life.

By the way, I was in Bangkok last night, the usual popular tourists areas in Silom and Sukhumvit were almost empty. But the BTS and MRT trains were full of local people.

1 minute ago, shdmn said:

Lockdowns were for one thing and one thing only.  To try flatten the curve.  They don't even do that.  You are trying to imply they are to eradicate the virus which they are 100% not going to do.

I agree, they're aimed to flatten the curve. But eradicating the problem fully would be a bonus surely, such as in Thailand, New Zealand etc. When local transmission restarts, it an be traced back. 

100% not going to do? But they have in Thailand and elsewhere. 

21 hours ago, leicesterguyuk said:

True, but the Chinese aren't the long stay tourists. They often come in group tours and even independently they tend to be relatively short stays. It's the Europeans, Americans, Australians that come for several months at a time. That's why for this plan to stand any chance of being successful, it needs to be available to these nationalities. 

If their country is going tits up, I think there will be a large exodus of people. Tourism" is irrelevant at this point. Once they arrive in Thailand they will be here for the long haul. Time will tell..

8 hours ago, coastguard said:

The world wasn't safe before this virus and it won't be safe after it.Everybody dies one way or another get use to it!

On 8/25/2020 at 11:35 AM, webfact said:

The plan at present is to have 14 days quarantine in resorts before a further period of 7 days when Covid-19 tests would be carried out and tourists would be allowed to move around the province. 

Id  just  love to beon holiday and have a 2 foot cotton bud  shoved up my  nose, where can I  book?

18 minutes ago, Evobase said:

Give me a room with a balcony and 14 days will go by quickly.

As a means to an end, i.e. to get back to your family etc a 14 day quarantine hotel is tolerable, but only if there are no other options. 

As an end to the means, staying in a resort for 14 days is only tolerable for those who are wishing to travel on all inclusive holidays and only if they have ‘free rein’ of the resort with minimal transfer headaches. 

• Like 1

On 8/27/2020 at 9:28 AM, Brer said:

A better holiday would be in my country helping my country’s economy with no quarantines and invariably cheaper.

Dream on Thailand.

This goes for almost every country I would think. Stay home, see the places you've never been before. Our home is Thailand. We can't leave and come back in any practical scenario so our travel will be within Thailand.