Documentation required for house purchase

I posted last week about a pending house and land purchase in Jomtien and got some very helpful information.

Another issue.

The house and land being bought is clearly going to be in my wife's name.  We have been married for a long time and I'm comfortable with that.

However as it is land, I understand I will need to sign some kind of waiver saying i have no right to the land, even though the money is coming from me.

Now, the issue is this:  while my wife is in Thailand, I've been working overseas for a couple of years and of course can't currently get back to Thailand easily to sign any such waiver.  How does this waiver get signed?  Does anyone have any experience in this regard?

Clarify with the local Land Office or lawyer if this waiver document is required.

If so, confirm the waiver content/description that will satisfy the requirement.

Next, ask if the Land Office accepts the waiver document that is signed overseas in the presence of the notary public or/and Thai embassy personal in the country where you are. Overseas embassy or consulate usually has a dedicated section to handle notarization matter. Call the embassy to ask for what documents they need to support your request for document notarization.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Larkin said:

The house and land being bought is clearly going to be in my wife's name.  We have been married for a long time and I'm comfortable with that.

However as it is land, I understand I will need to sign some kind of waiver saying i have no right to the land, even though the money is coming from me.

Now, the issue is this:  while my wife is in Thailand, I've been working overseas for a couple of years and of course can't currently get back to Thailand easily to sign any such waiver.  How does this waiver get signed?  Does anyone have any experience in this regard?

rent dude, rent

the long con ... the biggest ticket and set for life, for her:  a house

and she WILL GET LONELY and cheat or suddenly her ahum "BROTHER" will stay with her

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It's not allowed.

If the money is coming from you the purchase is illegal.

The document actually states and you are agreeing that the money is your wife's befor marriage and does not form part of money acquired after marriage...

• Thanks 1

I have just been through this. You have to sign in front of the official at the Land Office.

As i am currently abroad, they suggested that i could sign the document and post it to my wife who could take it to the embassy for them to verify my signature.

House.jpg

The waiver is the normal procedure. But if you have never been to the Land Office with your wife how do they know where the funds have come from. If she does not tell them that she is married you might not exist as far as they are concerned..

My case was different as we had been to the LO together many times before the purchase, so I had to sign the waiver. No problem as we then went to the Amphur and she signed a will leaving the property to me. With the age difference the will probably is useless.

2 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

But if you have never been to the Land Office with your wife how do they know where the funds have come from. If she does not tell them that she is married you might not exist as far as they are concerned

My wife has my surname.