Opening Thailand to foreign tourists: Thai PM strikes cautious tone

webfact

7 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

Beer is cheeper almost every place than here, but im sure you can't get mean 40 bth in Greece! Even long time when i was last in Greece. And i don't know any people who want go Greece! I know many who want come Thailand.

"you can't get mean 40 bth in Greece!"

Don't understand what "mean 40bth in Greece" means? A kind of aggressive soapy shower?

And I know many people (myself included) that like Greece - by far the best holiday destination in the Mediterranean, especially the islands. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

Beer is cheeper almost every place than here, but im sure you can't get mean 40 bth in Greece! Even long time when i was last in Greece. And i don't know any people who want go Greece! I know many who want come Thailand.

Yes, the gogo and beer bar people love to go to thailand

Well freezing out all tourists may defer any spike in the terrifying covid death toll  (what is it a total of 60 now)

Why not impact on the overwhelming, and far more pressing, domestic road death toll with the same perverse puerile rationale 

No transport would equal no deaths too

????

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Flying Saucage said:

I assume most of those outside Thailand among us now don't miss Thailand at all, as this corrupt xenophbic banana republic.

But we do miss our families, girlfiends and friends there.

That's the only issue which counts for most of us, and this is why we can't erase this country from our memory. 

‘Girlfiends’, a beautifully apt typo!

• Haha 1

A very wise and notable Thai businessman told me many years that business owners cannot rely on the Gov't to resolve the issues facing their business. As business owners, we must resolve our own issues not with the help of the administration but very clearly without it. Many times, his words have rung loud and clear. It was most valuable piece of advice I was given. So here we find ourselves again, different times, different circumstances and defining different solutions to our problems to survive and possibly prosper. If you find yourself going through hell, keep going.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Flying Saucage said:

I assume most of those outside Thailand among us now don't miss Thailand at all, as this corrupt xenophbic banana republic which it is.

But we do miss our families, girlfriends and friends there.

That's the only issue which counts for most of us, and this is why we can't erase this country from our memory. 

I understand why one might feel that way.  My son is still trying to get into Thailand - the whole family is here, been here for ten years. He's haunted the Thai Consulate in HCMC (he's in Vietnam) for over two months.  There are a lot of them trying to get back to Thailand.  These are individuals, many of them are international teachers, their families are here. The Consulate is very sympathetic but their hands are tied by the current Emergency Crisis government.  These are not tourists, they are, every one of them, individuals with a very good reason to return to Thailand.  Cannot the emergency government understand the difference? The tourism industry is extremely important to Thai people as a source of employment. If the powers take too long to construct a means of restarting that, the infrastructure for tourism will decay - it has already has in certain areas.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, baansgr said:

£200 for a week in Greece, no quarantine, do what you want and the food and beer is actually cheaper than here now....No ones interested in coming here anymore

Sure. I would not go back to Thailand now. I am sure EVERYONE from taxi drivers to the market lady would overcharge me not double but triple and more. 

9 hours ago, baansgr said:

£200 for a week in Greece, no quarantine, do what you want and the food and beer is actually cheaper than here now....No ones interested in coming here anymore

Why is ThaiVisa full of people asking when they can come back here then? Life is not all about food and beer, mind you.

This now could be just a pipe dream

So I'm guessing the Alcatraz island scheme will not happen and rightly so because it's dumb. The "come see the animals in the zoo" prison tours probably bites the dust too then. 

But the PM did have a Freudian slip and used the phrase "pipe dream", so the Ganja seed scheme is a go? It's the only thing that makes sense. 

But then again what do I know, I'm just a dirty farang wearing dirty clothes who never takes a shower.

Edited by Rockbottom
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

If you go to Crete, the raki is complimentary.

Opening up borders to Tourists, now or even near future, inevitably will be bringing Covid-19 to Thailand again. Lockdowns again, paralyzing many businesses if not the whole country. 

Look at Australia, Victoria, Second wave, lockdown Stage 4. Costing the country Billions of dollars ☝️

Massive numbers of death! 

Open the borders and you are inviting disaster. 

Check out what's happening in Europe, no good. 

I do applaud the Thailand Government, to keep this Kingdom Covid-19 free. 

Untill we have an approved prevention of getting Covid-19, we can not travel, full stop. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I did hear through the grape vine that the stupid Thai authorities are considering letting in chinese people in first.  <deleted>.  WAKEY WAKEY!!!  Do the idiot Thai authorities not know the chinese bat flu virus originated from Wuhan,  china. But don't worry let the chinese in.  The mind boggles.  Let the chinese in.  Durrrrrr.  So everyone else should be put at the back of the queue accept the chinese. The mind boggles.  

• Like 1