Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

Can any of the owners of the new cbr150 report on top speed yet? Would certainly be interesting...

Not sure about top speed, but when I raced against the older model a couple of weeks ago, I was doing about 135, and still accelerating, when I passed him, but then throttled back when he did the same. I plan to take the Doi Saket highway sometime and just pin the throttle to see what it will actually do. I'll let you know.

:whistling:

Thanks jiv but, when you do, stick another 30 kilos on, I'm 90kg, a little heavier than you ;)

J1V......looking around for sandbag.... :cheesy:

PS. Anyone know where I might be able to find a K&N air filter here in C.M? I contacted the dealer in BKK by email over a week ago, but have no response from them. Maybe should have used Google to translate before sending. lol

Edited by Just1Voice

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can any of the owners of the new cbr150 report on top speed yet? Would certainly be interesting...

Not sure about top speed, but when I raced against the older model a couple of weeks ago, I was doing about 135, and still accelerating, when I passed him, but then throttled back when he did the same. I plan to take the Doi Saket highway sometime and just pin the throttle to see what it will actually do. I'll let you know.

:whistling:

Thanks jiv but, when you do, stick another 30 kilos on, I'm 90kg, a little heavier than you ;)

J1V......looking around for sandbag.... :cheesy:

PS. Anyone know where I might be able to find a K&N air filter here in C.M? I contacted the dealer in BKK by email over a week ago, but have no response from them. Maybe should have used Google to translate before sending. lol

if u talking about fastcorner it takes a while until they respond but they will for sure. happened to me

Just1.... There is a helmet shop about halfway down Sri Domchai road that sells tank bags. The one I bought for 800 baht is a great one. Strong magnets, several velcro closures, expand-zip, and nice map pocket with a viewing panel. Sure worked great on the trip.

Just1.... There is a helmet shop about halfway down Sri Domchai road that sells tank bags. The one I bought for 800 baht is a great one. Strong magnets, several velcro closures, expand-zip, and nice map pocket with a viewing panel. Sure worked great on the trip.

T-Dog....Thanks, I'll go check them out.

Just Too Funny!

I sent an email to one of the two K&N dealers in BKK, asking if they have the air filter for the new CBR, and if so, how much, including shipping to C.M.

I get an email back just a few minutes ago and the guy says:

Dear Mr. Marsh, Could you check K&N part number from K&N website because I couldn't get the cross reference from your Honda model CRB 150i. We don't have the air filter in stock but it can be included with our monthly stock order by seafreight. Lead time approx 8 weeks. If you can wait and advise us the correct part number, then, we can quote you the price. Thank/Vilas Chenarak

Say WHATTTTT???? HE is the K&N dealer and wants ME to go find the part number on the K&N Website? :cheesy:

I actually tried that but had no luck. So I sent an email to Fastcorner instead.

Ahhhh, yes, Amazing Thailand. lol

Just Too Funny!

I sent an email to one of the two K&N dealers in BKK, asking if they have the air filter for the new CBR, and if so, how much, including shipping to C.M.

I get an email back just a few minutes ago and the guy says:

Dear Mr. Marsh, Could you check K&N part number from K&N website because I couldn't get the cross reference from your Honda model CRB 150i. We don't have the air filter in stock but it can be included with our monthly stock order by seafreight. Lead time approx 8 weeks. If you can wait and advise us the correct part number, then, we can quote you the price. Thank/Vilas Chenarak

Say WHATTTTT???? HE is the K&N dealer and wants ME to go find the part number on the K&N Website? :cheesy:

I actually tried that but had no luck. So I sent an email to Fastcorner instead.

Ahhhh, yes, Amazing Thailand. lol

J1V the point is there is no official airfilter of k&N for the cbr150i yet, there is one for the old cbr150 but if it fits for the new its a different point. I think nothing wrong with his answer while others would may sell you the filter for the old one which may not fit.....You may check with the honda dealer if the dimensions of the old and new filters are the same....

Edited by Hili

Ok, I'm having what some would say is just entirely too much fun! This bike is such a joy to drive. Responsive, easy maneuverability in city traffic, and very nice on the highways. To me, a much more comfortable ride than my old one as well with the wider seat and changes they've made to the suspension. Oh, and the headlight, which was practically worthless on the old one, has seen a MAJOR improvement as well. By the end of the week I'll have my first 1,000k on it and will take it in for service, and will probably switch to Mobile 1 Synthetic.

Also, if you're thinking of switching out the tires, there's a shop across from McCormick Hospital where the guys carries IRC 77, which is a softer compound than the standard IRC 44 that came on the old models. I stopped today but he doesn't have them yet for the new 150, but expects to have some next month. Said he wasn't sure about the price yet.

Also thinking about painting the front fender from that dark blue to white. I think that would look much better.

I went to see the 250 and had a momentary "pang of regret" for not waiting and getting it, but it quickly passed and now I'm fine. lol

By the end of the week I'll have my first 1,000k on it and will take it in for service, and will probably switch to Mobile 1 Synthetic.

If it were me I would wait until 5k before going synthetic, there is bound to be some break in still occurring at 1k. But I am no expert either.

Edited by canuckamuck

By the end of the week I'll have my first 1,000k on it and will take it in for service, and will probably switch to Mobile 1 Synthetic.

If it were me I would wait until 5k before going synthetic, there is bound to be some break in still occurring at 1k. But I am no expert either.

I'll check with the mechanic who always does the work on my bikes when I take them in. He's the only one who speaks a little English, and often times he will take my bike, or my wife's if I take that in, and put it ahead of others. Amazing what a 40-50 baht tip will do for building friendships. lol.

I'll check with the mechanic who always does the work on my bikes when I take them in. He's the only one who speaks a little English, and often times he will take my bike, or my wife's if I take that in, and put it ahead of others. Amazing what a 40-50 baht tip will do for building friendships. lol.

Why wait until 5k to go for full syntetic oil?

I let them put in full syntetic at 1k

SORRY sorry sorry, but this morning I bought a Red CBR 250 cc. Cost was Baht 110,000.00. Cheaper than the Ninja but it looks stunning. I only got my leg over, not ridden it yet.

Somebody had to buy it in Phuket, YES ME.

So I may have to leave this forum when I take delivery on the 6th Jan 2011, yip to have the paper work as a 2011 model not a 2010.

My 2009 CBR black CBR 150 with lockable carrier box and Brand New ( 40kms only ), with Japanese made Dunlops on, is up for grabs with green book and all other docs for Baht50,000.

Any offers etc, please PM me soonest. I live on Phuket.

Can somebody PLEASE start a CBR 250 Forum.

I shall upload the photos a bit later.

You asked for the CBR 250 and it arrived this morning, under much secrecy.

Safe riding to you all over the festive season.

SORRY sorry sorry, but this morning I bought a Red CBR 250 cc. Cost was Baht 110,000.00. Cheaper than the Ninja but it looks stunning. I only got my leg over, not ridden it yet.

So I may have to leave this forum when I take delivery on the 6th Jan 2011, yip to have the paper work as a 2011 model not a 2010.

My 2009 CBR black CBR 150 with lockable carrier box and Brand New ( 40kms only ), with Japanese made Dunlops on, is up for grabs with green book and all other docs for Baht50,000.

I think you'll find there's one right here although it does get HJ'd from time to time.

I just had to add this. I know it is not nice, but, when I am trying buy a new Bike, I WANT courtliness please.

The first shop said bikes are for display only and cannot order for you. Cannot give price. NO brouchures. Career Limiting Move.

The second shop looked at me and thought F U Falang, what you want? Dead loss shop. Will never return or refer them.

Third shop said Bike only for display, no brochure, no price, cannot sell yet. Dumb *****

Fourth shop where I bought my CBR 150 a year ago, greeted me with smiles, friendly English and a wonderful Young sales Lass. They are on Thepkasatri Road into Phuket, with the big ShadeCloth parking area.

Coversation when something like this:-

Sawasdee krab, Khun sabadee mai?

Sabadee, then and you.

Khun mai sabaai?

Proceede to ask if the new Red Motor Cy was for sale. No. Only arrive today.

Do you want to make a Christmas sale?

Yes. I will pay a deposit and pay full on 6Th Jan 2011, is that OK ?

UUUm , yes, that good.

Kob khun krab.

Deal done and the bike was removed off the show stand.

Sh!t how do people expect to do business like that hey ?

Well I can't wait the next amount of days for delivery.

Happy festive season to you all and please be careful out there.

The Mouse.

Well here is the photo of the new 1/4 liter baby.

post-82551-0-64872900-1293139096_thumb.j

Has anyone seen the new 150 in Chiang Mai that is all done in flat black, it looks pretty cool. I didn't get a pic, sorry.

Haven't seen that one. Have seen1 Red and 1 Black, but not the flat black. And as far as I know, right now I'm the only tri-color, but I could be wrong on that.

P.S. I'm thinking of going ALL white with mine, just to be different.

:rolleyes:

Kool. Hope to God she wore a helmet when she did. My wife has no desire to drive mine, but says that riding pillion on the new one is much better than the old model.

have fun & ride safe.

Yep she borrowed my real-helmet=), she can drive she had a cb400 a couple of years ago.

She had rather seen my buy a PCX tho, she doesnt really like me driving big bikes, makes her worried. But i told her what its like, only women drive automatics and she will never see me buy a scooter over a big bike:P

Has anyone replied on the recommended tire upgrade yet for the CBR150? i'm interested as well. can we install a wider and better performing tire or are the IRCs good?

btw, does the 150 have the combined-ABS?

Edited by vrooooom

Has anyone replied on the recommended tire upgrade yet for the CBR150? i'm interested as well. can we install a wider and better performing tire?

I'm still waiting on a quote from Michelin. However, a couple of weeks ago I was talking to a guy who has an old model 150, along with a Ninja 650 and D-Tracker, and he said he changed the old IRC 44' s, which is stock, to an IRC 77, which is a softer compound, and much better on wet roads. I think he said it was 1,200 baht, but I don't remember if that was for just the back, or back and front. Anyway, he told me about a shop here in Chiang Mai that carries them, but may not have them for the new 150 yet. I'll go by there in the next few days and find out.

Has anyone replied on the recommended tire upgrade yet for the CBR150? i'm interested as well. can we install a wider and better performing tire?

I'm still waiting on a quote from Michelin. However, a couple of weeks ago I was talking to a guy who has an old model 150, along with a Ninja 650 and D-Tracker, and he said he changed the old IRC 44' s, which is stock, to an IRC 77, which is a softer compound, and much better on wet roads. I think he said it was 1,200 baht, but I don't remember if that was for just the back, or back and front. Anyway, he told me about a shop here in Chiang Mai that carries them, but may not have them for the new 150 yet. I'll go by there in the next few days and find out.

Just1 ... what Michelin's you thinking of. the pilot sporty is a great tyre. Golila on mocyc have them.

http://mocyc.com/store/view.php?idclassified=441437

great tyres. i had them on the old cbr150 :D