Another visa agent arrested! This one was using fake stamps for migrant workers

webfact

On 8/27/2020 at 9:57 AM, CorpusChristie said:

She was using fake stamps , not paying the I.O .

Dont worry, nothing to do with us currently getting visas from legitimate agents who get stamps officially with a payment being made 

"get stamps officially" ha ha, so bribing the IO is official now?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 5:54 PM, giddyup said:

It's a requirement to have either 400K, 800K, or the correct amount each month, not an option.

TIME to get things done, to meet all the requirements, is not an option. It is something that some people just do not have, to meet all these rules that come popping up at the whim of some authority.

But take your time, someday you might get to understand...

On 8/27/2020 at 7:36 AM, Thingamabob said:

I have never used an agent in nearly 40 years, nor will I. 

I've known dozens of guys who said the same thing.  Until Immigration rules changed or they let their bank accounts get too low, or they got a divorce, or some loophole closed that they had counted on for decades. 

I suspect Covid will be a bonanza for agents as people discover they understood the amnesty thing wrong, and should have done X or Y or Z.

My heart goes out to migrant workers paying 13K.   For me to use an agent, it's about a days' pay.  For the poor migrant workers, their first month of labor goes to the agent.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Andre0720 said:

TIME to get things done, to meet all the requirements, is not an option. It is something that some people just do not have, to meet all these rules that come popping up at the whim of some authority.

But take your time, someday you might get to understand...

These whims have been in place in the 11 years I've been here, and probably long before that, so hardly something new. The only people who complain are those who can't meet the criteria and expect the rules to be bent to suit them.

10 hours ago, giddyup said:

These whims have been in place in the 11 years I've been here, and probably long before that, so hardly something new. The only people who complain are those who can't meet the criteria and expect the rules to be bent to suit them.

That's not entirely true. 

For decades, a guy could live in Thailand on monthly border runs with no visa at all.  Getting back to back to back visas was no problem at most local embassies and consulates in SEA.  Nobody was required to have insurance.  A guy could clear up a 5 year overstay at the airport for 20K, fly out and be back in time for dinner.  Bank accounts could be drawn down to zero during the year, and only topped up to meet seasoning requirements.  COE's were unknown.  Covid tests weren't even a thing.  There were no classes of foreigners allowed and disallowed because of their family status, work permits, etc.  I could go on...

All that has changed since 2014...  Thousands of guys who used to have no issues at all staying in Thailand for decades legally have found themselves in default on one or more of the "whims" implemented in the past 6 years, many of them long before Covid.

Edited by impulse

13 hours ago, impulse said:

13 hours ago, impulse said:

That's not entirely true. 

For decades, a guy could live in Thailand on monthly border runs with no visa at all.  Getting back to back to back visas was no problem at most local embassies and consulates in SEA.  Nobody was required to have insurance.  A guy could clear up a 5 year overstay at the airport for 20K, fly out and be back in time for dinner.  Bank accounts could be drawn down to zero during the year, and only topped up to meet seasoning requirements.  COE's were unknown.  Covid tests weren't even a thing.  There were no classes of foreigners allowed and disallowed because of their family status, work permits, etc.  I could go on...

All that has changed since 2014...  Thousands of guys who used to have no issues at all staying in Thailand for decades legally have found themselves in default on one or more of the "whims" implemented in the past 6 years, many of them long before Covid.

Yes, they have stopped some people exploiting the system, that's true, but allow others to exploit - for a price.

Edited by giddyup

On 8/27/2020 at 9:36 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

This obviously refers to 'Grace'. So, after the big news that she was arrested with fake visa stamps how is she back working again? Did anyone read how she squirmed off the hook?

Her official statement had a particular key word, "misunderstanding". Hehe.

The agents make a lot of money. Some of this they use to pay off immigration, to get things done. At some point, immigration decides they aren't getting enough. They can't help but notice the agents' luxury cars, jewelry, bodily modifications. They make things difficult for the agents, leading to a temporary shutdown. The agents cough up the extra cash. And the cycle begins anew.

• Sad 1

On 9/1/2020 at 5:10 PM, from the home of CC said:

people can justify anything when it benefits them. Of course it's illegal, you're facilitating corruption. If caught up, you will be gone.. 

... or you will meet new additional people that you will have to pay.